Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep for an exact match in a file Post 303000371 by Ads89 on Tuesday 11th of July 2017 08:17:23 AM
Old 07-11-2017
Still having the same issue even with double quotes - Here is a copy from the log

Code:
+ TRIM_FILENAME=TEST1-AAA_test.csv
+ grep -E '^TEST1-AAA_test.csv' Valid_List.csv
+ '[' 0 = 0 ']'
+ echo -e 'TEST1-AAA_test.csv needs to be sent \n'
TEST1-AAA_test.csv needs to be sent

Code:

grep -E "^${TRIM_FILENAME}" Valid_List.csv

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Exact Match thru grep ?????

hey..... i do have text where the contents are like as follows, FILE_TYPE_NUM_01=FILE_TYPE=01|FILE_DESC=Periodic|FILE_SCHDL_TYPE=Daily|FILE_SCHDL=|FILE_SCHDL_TIME=9:00am|RESULTS=B FILE_TYPE_NUM_02=FILE_TYPE=02|FILE_DESC=NCTO|FILE_SCHDL_TYPE=Daily|FILE_SCHDL=|FILE_SCHDL_TIME=9:00am|RESULTS=M... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using grep returns partial matches, I need to get an exact match or nothing

I’m trying to modify someone perl script to fix a bug. The piece of code checks that the zone name you want to add is unique. However, when the code runs, it finds a partial match using grep, and decides it already exists, so the “create” command exits. $cstatus = `${ZADM} list -vic | grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TKD
3 Replies

3. Solaris

grep exact match

Hi This time I'm trying to grep for an exact match e.g cat.dog.horse.cow.bird.pig horse.dog.pig pig.cat.horse.dog horse dog dog pig.dog pig.dog.bird how do I grep for dog only so that a wc -l would result 2 in above case. Thanks in advance ---------- Post updated at 06:33 AM... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rob171171
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep and sed exact match questions

This was mistaken as homework in a different forum, but is not. These are questions that are close to what I am trying to do at work. QUESTION1: How do you grep only an exact string. I am using Solaris10 and do not have any GNU products installed. Contents of car.txt CAR1_KEY0 CAR1_KEY1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thibodc
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep and sed exact match questions

This post was previously mistaken for homework, but is actually a small piece of what I working on at work. Please answer if you can. QUESTION1 How do you grep only an exact string. I am using Solaris10 and do not have any GNU products installed. Contents of car.txt CAR1_KEY0 CAR1_KEY1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thibodc
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep two words with exact match

HI Input : Counters Counter Int Ints Counters Counters Ints Ints I want to grep Counter|Int Output : Counter (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for exact match using grep

I am searching for an exact match on a value read from another file to lookup an email address in another file. The file being checked is called "contacts" and it has Act #, email address, and contact person. 1693;abc1693@yahoo.comt;Tommy D 6423;abc6423@yahoo.comt;Jim Doran... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziggy6
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple exact match, do not display lines

Hi, Need help to grep the following from a file x. I just want to grep exact match not lines and not partial word. CONFSUCCESS CONFFAIL CONFPARTIALSUCCESS >cat x xczxczxczc zczczcxx CONFSUCCESS czczczcczc czxxczxzxczcczc CONFFAIL xczxczcxcczczc zczczczcz CONFPARTIALSUCCESS czczxcxzc ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshwebspere
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep or sed - printing line only with exact match

Hello. In my script, some command return : q | kernel-default | package | 3.19.0-1.1.g8a7d5f9 | x86_64 | openSUSE-13.2-Kernel_stable_standard | kernel-default | package | 3.19.0-1.1.g8a7d5f9 | i586 | openSUSE-13.2-Kernel_stable_standard | kernel-default ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep exact match

Hello! I have 2 files named tacs.tmp and tacDB.txt tacs.tmp looks like this 0 10235647 102700 106800 107200 1105700 tacDB.txt looks like this 100100,Mitsubishi,G410,Handheld,,0,0,0 100200,Siemens,A53,Handheld,,0,0,0 100300,Sony Ericsson,TBD (AAB-1880030-BV),Handheld,,0,0,0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cludgie
2 Replies
Mail::Mbox::MessageParser::Grep(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Mail::Mbox::MessageParser::Grep(3)

NAME
Mail::Mbox::MessageParser::Grep - A GNU grep-based mbox folder reader SYNOPSIS
#!/usr/bin/perl use Mail::Mbox::MessageParser; my $filename = 'mail/saved-mail'; my $filehandle = new FileHandle($filename); my $folder_reader = new Mail::Mbox::MessageParser( { 'file_name' => $filename, 'file_handle' => $filehandle, 'enable_grep' => 1, } ); die $folder_reader unless ref $folder_reader; # Any newlines or such before the start of the first email my $prologue = $folder_reader->prologue; print $prologue; # This is the main loop. It's executed once for each email while(!$folder_reader->end_of_file()); { my $email = $folder_reader->read_next_email(); print $email; } DESCRIPTION
This module implements a GNU grep-based mbox folder reader. It can only be used when GNU grep is installed on the system. Users must not instantiate this class directly--use Mail::Mbox::MessageParser instead. The base MessageParser module will automatically manage the use of grep and non-grep implementations. METHODS AND FUNCTIONS The following methods and functions are specific to the Mail::Mbox::MessageParser::Grep package. For additional inherited ones, see the Mail::Mbox::MessageParser documentation. $ref = new( { 'file_name' => <mailbox file name>, 'file_handle' => <mailbox file handle> }); <file_name> - The full filename of the mailbox <file_handle> - An opened file handle for the mailbox The constructor for the class takes two parameters. The file_name parameter is the filename of the mailbox. The file_handle argument is the opened file handle to the mailbox. Returns a reference to a Mail::Mbox::MessageParser object, or a string describing the error. BUGS
No known bugs. Contact david@coppit.org for bug reports and suggestions. AUTHOR
David Coppit <david@coppit.org>. LICENSE
This software is distributed under the terms of the GPL. See the file "LICENSE" for more information. HISTORY
This code was originally part of the grepmail distribution. See http://grepmail.sf.net/ for previous versions of grepmail which included early versions of this code. SEE ALSO
Mail::Mbox::MessageParser perl v5.12.1 2009-08-09 Mail::Mbox::MessageParser::Grep(3)