Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Help with Grouping and zipping folders Post 303000165 by Corona688 on Wednesday 5th of July 2017 12:37:19 PM
Old 07-05-2017
This is the forum to contact administrators for site problems.

Please post your question elsewhere.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

zipping across platforms

I saw a few posts on this, however, I am getting an error and don't see this particular issue. Not right off anyways.... We moved from digital OS to solaris 9 in Jan. On the old platform, I could gzip my files, ftp them to my win2000 desktop via hummingbird and then unzip them to view. Now,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zipping

Hi In unix i want to zip the files in a directory excluding *.dmp, *.log, *.lst, *.out files in that directory. pls let me know what command to use. $zip ........ ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

zipping files

Dear Experts, I need a script which will zipped the files older than 2 days. but i dont want to use find . * -mtime 2. Is there is any other method to achive this task. i will ececute the script daily. Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with zipping files

Hi, I have come across a requirement in which I need to zip files. This is fine but the requriement has one conditions like below: One .z file can not have more than 10,000 files Now in the directory I have several files liek below: aaa_file_10_00001.txt aaa_file_10_00002.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making 99 folders 99 folders deep

I am trying to make a unix shell script that will make 99 folders 99 deep (counting the first level folders). So far i have made it make the first 99 folders and 99 more in all of the folders. The only problem is the only way i have found is copying and pasting part of the script over and over and... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: YukonAppleGeek
18 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for folders/parent folders not files.

Hello again, A little while back I got help with creating a command to search all directories and sub directories for files from daystart of day x. I'm wondering if there is a command that I've overlooked that may be able to search for / write folder names to an output file which ideally... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zipping and moving

Hi, I have got the script which find out the file that was modified 3 days ago now i want that all the files which fall into this category to be get zipped and then send to another directory...plz can u suggest me for that or any commands (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: SARAL SAXENA
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

zipping files then remove the folders

Hi, i am using the below script to zip the files with respect to their timestamp of the files.It is working fine. For example lets take I have two files in this directory /path/folder1 with the timestamp as this month and previous month. When i run this script first time it is creating two... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: velava
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with grouping and zipping

Hi can you please help with the below ? source file: Column1,Column2,Column3,Column4 abc,123,dir1/FXX/F19,1 abc,123,dir1/FXX/F20,1 abc,123,dir1/FXX/F23,2 abc,123,dir1/FXX/C25,2 abc,123,dir1/FXX/X25,2 abc,123,dir1/FXX/A23,3 abc,123,dir1/FXX/Z25,3 abc,123,dir1/FXX/Y25,4 I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paul1234
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Zipping

Good Morning, I'd like to archive an old user's files in the home directory on Solaris 9 Will this work? cd home tar -zcvf jsmitharchive.tar.gz jsmith/ ---------- Post updated at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:33 AM ---------- Also- is the last /necessary (after... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
4 Replies
RICHCOMM_USB(8) 						    NUT Manual							   RICHCOMM_USB(8)

NAME
richcomm_usb - Driver UPS equipment using Richcomm dry-contact to USB solution NOTE
This man page only documents the specific features of the richcomm_usb driver. For information about the core driver, see nutupsdrv(8). SUPPORTED HARDWARE
The Richcomm dry-contact to USB solution is a generic interface that is used to upgrade an existing (RS-232) contact closure UPS interface to USB. As such, all the limitations of the underlying contact closure interface apply. This means that you will only get the essentials in ups.status: OL, OB, and LB. See also genericups(8). BUGS
Most contact-closure UPSes will not power down the load if the line power is present. This can create a race when using slave upsmon(8) systems. See the upsmon(8) man page for more information. The solution to both of these problems is to upgrade to a smart protocol UPS of some kind that allows detection and proper load cycling on command. AUTHORS
Peter van Valderen <p.v.valderen at probu.nl>, Dirk Teurlings <dirk at upexia.nl> SEE ALSO
The core driver: nutupsdrv(8) The generic serial driver: genericups(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/21/2012 RICHCOMM_USB(8)