Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Path to javascript source code at local browsing Post 302999760 by yifangt on Tuesday 27th of June 2017 04:26:46 PM
Old 06-27-2017
Path to javascript source code at local browsing

Where should I put my javascript source code in order to run it "locally" by file not by http?---not sure this "locally" is the appropriate word here.
My test is when my javascript code (test.js) is put in the site default folder as the test.html in /var/www/html both worked as expected with http:
Code:
http://localhost/test.html

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="/test.js"> </script>

However, when I tried to test it at URL window with file:
Code:
file:///home/davids/study/WebTech/test.html

I can see my html result, but my javascript code was not executed.
Where should I put the external javascript source code (here:test.js) in order to test it "locally"?

Thanks!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

clear complex javascript code

Hi, Please advise how can we clear the following javascript content from a file commandline, probably using awk or sed File before removing the content. ################################ root@server1 # cat index.html This is a test page <script language=JavaScript>function d(x){var... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save page source, including javascript

I need to get the source code of a webpage. I have tried to use wget and curl, but it doesn't show the necessary javascript part of the source. I don't have to execute it, only to view the source. How do I do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

3. Linux

rpmbuild, how to specify a different source and destination path for files

I'd like to specify a different build and deployment path for files, by default the same path is used for both build and install, I wasn't able to find a way to make these different. With Solaris pkgadd, one can specify different paths in prototype, so I would assume something like that is possible... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiburblium
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCP wihout a source path

Hi, I hope someone can explain if this is the right behaviour. I regularly use scp to copy files between hosts like this: scp -prv user@remotehost:/path/to/copy . However, today, I made a mistake and typed this instead: scp -prv user@remotehost: /path/to/copy . This started copying... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zlowryder
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Source path

what is the command for moving a file with it's original source path ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oggie25
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set variable to path that does not exist on local host

Can anyone suggest a workaround zone_5.org='/qaz/qwe/path/tns.osn' output /home/bingo/XXX_script.sh: line 180: zone_5.org=/qaz/qwe/path/tns.osn: no parent The path does not exist on the local machine, the allocation used to work till the server was upgraded. Red Hat Enterprise Linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squrcles
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

I am trying to merge all csv files from source path into 1 file

I am trying to merge all csv files from source path into one single csv file in target. but getting error message: hadoop fs -cat /user/hive/warehouse/stage.db/PK_CLOUD_CHARGE/TCH-charge_*.csv > /user/hive/warehouse/stage.db/PK_CLOUD_CHARGE/final/TCH_pb_charge.csv getting error message:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate class path dynamically based on source path

Hi experts, I have multiple file names ending with .jsp located in $SOME_DIR, $SOME_DIR/f1/,$SOME_DIR/f2/test,$SOME_DIR/f3/fa and there are equivalent class files in $SOME_DIR/WEB-INF/classes/_pages,$SOME_DIR/WEB-INF/classes/_pages/_f1,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Migrate /export/home from storage path to local

I am newbies in solaris, hope u guys can help me, I need to transfer /export/home directory that currently mount at storage and migrate into local disk. may i know the best way to do it? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deeo
6 Replies
Plack::Middleware::Deflater(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Plack::Middleware::Deflater(3pm)

NAME
Plack::Middleware::Deflater - Compress response body with Gzip or Deflate SYNOPSIS
use Plack::Builder; builder { enable sub { my $app = shift; sub { my $env = shift; my $ua = $env->{HTTP_USER_AGENT} || ''; # Netscape has some problem $env->{"psgix.compress-only-text/html"} = 1 if $ua =~ m!^Mozilla/4!; # Netscape 4.06-4.08 have some more problems $env->{"psgix.no-compress"} = 1 if $ua =~ m!^Mozilla/4.0[678]!; # MSIE (7|8) masquerades as Netscape, but it is fine if ( $ua =~ m!MSIE (?:7|8)! ) { $env->{"psgix.no-compress"} = 0; $env->{"psgix.compress-only-text/html"} = 0; } $app->($env); } }; enable "Deflater", content_type => ['text/css','text/html','text/javascript','application/javascript'], vary_user_agent => 1; sub { [200,['Content-Type','text/html'],["OK"]] } }; DESCRIPTION
Plack::Middleware::Deflater is a middleware to encode your response body in gzip or deflate, based on "Accept-Encoding" HTTP request header. It would save the bandwidth a little bit but should increase the Plack server load, so ideally you should handle this on the frontend reverse proxy servers. This middleware removes "Content-Length" and streams encoded content, which means the server should support HTTP/1.1 chunked response or downgrade to HTTP/1.0 and closes the connection. CONFIGURATIONS
content_type content_type => 'text/html', content_type => [ 'text/html', 'text/css', 'text/javascript', 'application/javascript', 'application/x-javascript' ] Content-Type header to apply deflater. if content-type is not defined, Deflater will try to deflate all contents. vary_user_agent vary_user_agent => 1 Add "User-Agent" to Vary header. ENVIRONMENT VALUE
psgix.no-compress Do not apply deflater psgix.compress-only-text/html Apply deflater only if content_type is "text/html" LICENSE
This software is licensed under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa SEE ALSO
Plack, <http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/en/mod/mod_deflate.html> perl v5.14.2 2012-06-18 Plack::Middleware::Deflater(3pm)