Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Best way to transfer files to remote FTPS server instead of local FTPS server Post 302999566 by waavman on Thursday 22nd of June 2017 02:12:03 PM
Old 06-22-2017
Hi rbatte1
I think the issue I have is different from what you have addressed here.
I am absolutely not concerned about how the clients in Site B access my files from Site A. They are already doing so and they will continue to do so. So there is not changed on their end.

My primary question is
Which of these two options is a faster way for me to transfer files from my Application server which is creating the files to remote Site A in the same datacenter.

Option (1) FTP files from my application server (using scp/rcp/rsync/lftp) to a remote FTPS server in site A which has a storage volume XXX mounted locally on the FTPS server at mount point /a/b/c
Option (2) Mount the FTPS storage volume XXX onto local mount point /x/y/z of my local Application server as well as mount the same storage volume XXX onto local mount point /a/b/c of the remote FTPS server and then Application server just copies the files it generates (cp) to Unix directory /x/y/z and so files are automatically available on remote FTPS server in directory /a/b/c

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from remote server to local server

Hi, I am facing a weired problem in my FTP script. I want to transfer multiple files from remote server to local server everyday, using mget * in my script. I also, want to send an email for successful or failed FTP. My script works for file transfer, but it don't send any mail. There is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: berlin_germany
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove the thread thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove this thread. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare zip files from a local to remote server

Good evening I need your help pease I know there are 2 commands(diff, or cp) to compare files in a directory. but the question arises: 1. can i compare zip files or ive got to unzip them? 2. how can i compare 2 files from a local to a remote server? (is there any special commad or ive got... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy files from remote server to local?

Hi experts, I 'm newbie to unix world, now I have task to copy the latest files from remote server to my local. I believe this must be very common request in this community. I want you do it one more time for me please. My requirement is something like this: I receive files in the below... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parpaa
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Script to get files from remote server to local server through sftp without prompting for password

Hi, I am trying to automate the process of fetching files from remote server to local server through sftp. I have the username and password for the remote solaris server. But I need to give password manually everytime i run the script. Can anyone help me in automating the script such that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lftp for a remote server which uses FTPS

Hi All, I am new to SHell scripting, can someone please help me with the below requirement. 1) LFTP a file to a remote server which supports FTPS. My current enviroment is Sun Solaris 5.10 2) I need to incorporate this in a shell which is currently sending files to a server that accepts... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subbu
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting to transfer files from one to another server through ftps

Hi Guyz ,, I'm an ERP functional guy , I really need to automate a script which required a shell script but have a little knowledge in shell scripting. I need my generated files to be zipped first in one directory lets say (xyz) and then it needs to transfer another ftp server in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shogundion
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer using FTPS(SSL)

Hi Team, I am currently working on an integration project where in we have planned to receive files from an external source onto our system via FTPS(SSL). I am new to this part and would like to know the points for consideration and the points to learn to get this done. The files we receive from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rads
1 Replies
CURLOPT_FTP_ALTERNATIVE_TO_USER(3)			     curl_easy_setopt options				CURLOPT_FTP_ALTERNATIVE_TO_USER(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_FTP_ALTERNATIVE_TO_USER - command to use instead of USER with FTP SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_FTP_ALTERNATIVE_TO_USER, char *cmd); DESCRIPTION
Pass a char * as parameter, pointing to a string which will be used to authenticate if the usual FTP "USER user" and "PASS password" nego- tiation fails. This is currently only known to be required when connecting to Tumbleweed's Secure Transport FTPS server using client cer- tificates for authentication. The application does not have to keep the string around after setting this option. DEFAULT
NULL PROTOCOLS
FTP EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.15.5 RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not, or CURLE_OUT_OF_MEMORY if there was insufficient heap space. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_FTP_SKIP_PASV_IP(3), CURLOPT_FTP_RESPONSE_TIMEOUT(3), libcurl 7.54.0 December 21, 2016 CURLOPT_FTP_ALTERNATIVE_TO_USER(3)