Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Copy to Windows hidden share
Operating Systems AIX Copy to Windows hidden share Post 302999511 by pob579 on Wednesday 21st of June 2017 05:57:36 PM
Old 06-21-2017
Copy to Windows hidden share

Hi,

I need to find a solution for backing up/transferring BACKUP (dump file) from AIX (specifically) to Windows 2012 Hidden Share.

The vendor says that he cannot do a copy from his system to hidden share because it requires a password...

Personally, I think that there should be a solution (probably simple). I am not a Unix expert but cannot believe that in 2017 the password for Windows hidden share could be an obstacle.

Currently, we have an awkward solution and using Backup to tape for this system. We need to be able to copy first to DISK.

I did a quick search and found a way to do it from Linux... (didn't look closely yet).

Want to ask forum for a pro solution for the question if exists.

Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

recursive copy of hidden files

I need to know how to copy hidden files recursively? cp -r sourceDir/* targetDir/. ignores the hidden files. Thank you!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: usfrog
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to copy hidden files from one folder to another

dear all, i want to copy all files in my home dir to another. from my home dir i have given ls -la then some hidden files are there with dot . .. and i also want to copy all dirs in my home as it is . because iam upgrading the system how to copy all files and dirs in my home dir... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

how to share with windows

i m using Linux Mint on my computer and i m the server of shared Internet connection with windows machines. Internet sharing is working well with all the machines but file sharing is not working well. I can access the shared folders of other system with windows machine the windows machines cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giri.nitp
1 Replies

4. AIX

Need help with Windows Share please

I have a windows 2003 server with services for unix installed I have create a folder c:\nfsshare and set it as an nfs share named nfsshare. now I am trying to mount it from my aix system using mount <server ip>:/nfsshare /mnt the filesystem mounts , but I cannot change into /mnt, I get a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

windows printers share

Hello, My network environment is: The server is Linux, all the clients are win2000 professional, the PC names are(ws00201, ws00202,ws00203,ws00204,ws00205,ws00206,ws00207,ws00208,ws00209), I have 3 printers connected through USB to ws00201, ws00204,ws00207, I want ws00201,ws00202,ws00203... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: truelyli
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to copy User home folders to mounted windows share

First of all, let me state that I am a windows admin. I have a windows share mounted to /mnt/server I need a script that will either login as sudo or perform commands with sudo rights. I need the script to copy all of the users /home folders to the mounted windows share. Now If I can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: EricM
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows Share

Hi guys I have some Windows Shares and I need to mount those shares on my Suse 10 SP3 I would like to know how to mount those? do I need to enable Samba? or is it just a simple mount command? thanks a lot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy files to samba share Ubuntu 14.04

I am trying to use mv or cp rsync to copy folders to a samba share. I can manually copy the folders to the share, but can not seem to access it using command line. Thank you :). smbclient //path/to/cifs/share <password> -W <domain> -u <user> WARNING: The "syslog" option is deprecated... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync - how to copy hidden folder or hidden files when using full path

Hello. I use this command : rsync -av --include=".*" --dry-run "$A_FULL_PATH_S" "$A_FULL_PATH_D"The data comes from the output of a find command. And no full source directories are in use, only some files. Source example... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
RFCP(1) 							Rfio User Commands							   RFCP(1)

NAME
rfcp - Remote file copy SYNOPSIS
rfcp [ -s size ] [ -v2 ] filename1 filename2 rfcp [ -s size ] [ -v2 ] filename directory On Windows only: rfcp [ -a ] [ -b ] [ -s size ] [ -v2 ] @command_file DESCRIPTION
The remote file I/O copy program provides an interface to the shift remote file I/O daemon (rfiod) for transferring files between remote and/or local hosts. Each filename or directory argument is either a remote file name of the form: hostname:path or a local file name (not containing the :/ character combination). The standard input is supported with the - character. Then directory in output is not supported. OPTIONS
-a tells rfcp that the source file is ASCII text (Windows/NT only) -b tells rfcp that the source is a binary file (Windows/NT only) -s size If specified, only size bytes will be copied -v2 If specified, forces the RFIO V.2 protocol. Otherwise, V.3 (streaming mode) is used. RETURN CODES
0 Ok. 1 Bad parameter. 2 System error. 3 Unknown error. 16 Device or resource busy. 28 No space left on device. 196 Request killed. 198 Stager not active. 200 Bad checksum. SEE ALSO
rcp(1), rfiod(1) AUTHOR
LCG Grid Deployment Team LCG
$Date: 2005/03/31 13:13:01 $ RFCP(1)