Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking A Basic example of socket programming in C Post 302999394 by Corona688 on Monday 19th of June 2017 11:03:06 AM
Old 06-19-2017
It sends humidity, temperature, and light as one line because you read from all three:

Code:
 while ((fgets(line1, MAXLINE, pF_temperature) != NULL) &&
        (fgets(line2, MAXLINE, pF_light) != NULL) &&
        (fgets(line3, MAXLINE, pF_humidity) != NULL))

...then remove newlines from all three:
Code:
    line1[strcspn(line1, "\r\n")] = 0;        //remove newline
    line2[strcspn(line2, "\r\n")] = 0;        //remove newline
    line3[strcspn(line3, "\r\n")] = 0;        //remove newline

...then concatenate all three with labels and tabs inbetween:

Code:
    strcat(sendline, "TEMPERATURE = ");
    strcat(sendline, line1);

strcat(sendline, "\tLIGHT = ");
    strcat(sendline, line2);

strcat(sendline, "\tHUMIDITY = ");
    strcat(sendline, line3);

Then send all three:

Code:
send(sockfd, sendline, strlen(sendline), 0);

You are not using my code at all.

Last edited by Corona688; 06-19-2017 at 12:13 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Socket Programming

Dear Reader, Is there any way to check up socket status other than 'netstatus ' Thanks in advance, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joseph_shibu
1 Replies

2. Programming

Socket Programming socket

Hello, I actually try to make client-server program. I'm using SCO OpenServer Release 5.0.0 and when I try to compile my code (by TELNET) I've got this error : I'm just using this simple code : and I get the same error if I use : If someone can help me, Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soshell
2 Replies

3. Programming

Socket Programming

Hi , I'm facing the following problem in socket programming. My structure is struct { int i; char *str; }samp; I'm creating the pointer to this structure and assigning the value to the structure members and send via the socket to the another process. The receiver process when... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunviswanath
7 Replies

4. IP Networking

socket programming

Hello Everyone Iam working on tcp/ip programming.with some time interval server has to send data.client has to close the connection and to open the connection between the time interval.this is the scenario when iam closing the connection in client side the connection terminates.how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshvaikuntam
1 Replies

5. Programming

Socket programming in C

Hi, I wanted to write a socket program in C, where I always want my socket connected to the server. i.e i shouldn't get disconnected once i get the response back from the server. I want to work in the connected mode, instead of disconnect and connect. Can somebody please kindly provide me a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudharma
3 Replies

6. Programming

basic socket programming

Hello experts, four machines need to communicate with each other. How can I start the socket programming. Can you please explain me more elaborated way. Thank you for your time and effort in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhakuna
4 Replies

7. Programming

Help with socket programming in C

hi guys i got this code trying to make connection between the server and multi clients but when i do ./server i got message server waiting then when i run ./client it says client 1 nosuch file i dont know whats that should i use any argument plz help how to compile and run and whats the expected... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kedah160
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hi i need help with socket programming

in socket programming how can i : Create for example 3 blank files, namely: server, client, network •Server: act as servers/provider, will receive all requests from different client •Client: requesters •Network: middle-layer of communication between server & client any tips or... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

9. Programming

help with socket programming in c

i'm doing a simple program in socket programming on c i have server that can handle 2clients in a single machine i'm running ubuntu linux so i got it work but the probelm when clients send a message the server will echo it but i cant distinguish which client send the message client 1 or client... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Socket Programming

HI Can anyone provide me with codes for file transfer server to client or vice versa? Also please explain how to compile those programs in ubuntu terminal as i am totally new to socket programming. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mayhemtrigger
1 Replies
AU_BSM_TO_SOCKET_TYPE(3)				   BSD Library Functions Manual 				  AU_BSM_TO_SOCKET_TYPE(3)

NAME
au_bsm_to_socket_type, au_socket_type_to_bsm -- convert between BSM and local socket types LIBRARY
Basic Security Module Library (libbsm, -lbsm) SYNOPSIS
#include <bsm/libbsm.h> int au_bsm_to_socket_type(u_short bsm_socket_type, int *local_socket_typep); u_short au_socket_type_to_bsm(int local_socket_type); DESCRIPTION
These interfaces may be used to convert between the local and BSM socket types. The au_bsm_to_socket_type() function accepts a BSM socket type, bsm_socket_type, and converts it to a local socket type, such as those passed to socket(2), that will be stored in the integer pointed to by local_socket_typep if successful. This call will fail if the BSM socket type cannot be mapped into a local socket type, which may occur if the socket token was generated on another operating system. au_socket_type_to_bsm() function accepts a local socket type, and returns the BSM socket type for it. This call cannot fail, and instead returns a BSM socket type indicating to a later decoder that the socket type could not be encoded. RETURN VALULES
On success, au_bsm_to_socket_type() returns 0 and a converted socket type; on failure, it returns -1 but does not set errno(2). On success, au_strerror() returns a pointer to an error string; on failure it will return NULL. SEE ALSO
au_bsm_to_domain(3), au_domain_to_bsm(3), au_to_socket_ex(3), libbsm(3) HISTORY
au_bsm_to_socket_type() and au_socket_type_to_bsm() were introduced in OpenBSM 1.1. AUTHORS
These functions were implemented by Robert Watson under contract to Apple Inc. The Basic Security Module (BSM) interface to audit records and audit event stream format were defined by Sun Microsystems. BSD
December 28, 2008 BSD