Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Required to get a portion of a text Post 302999206 by _Fabio_79 on Thursday 15th of June 2017 09:07:04 AM
Old 06-15-2017
you could try this:
Code:
find / -maxdepth 3 -name EBSDEV

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help required for replacing text in vi

Hi Any one pls give me command in vi to replace /opt/usr with /home/reddy/dump .... i tried escaping / with \ bt its not working... thanks in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chandu2u
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to extract a portion of text from a log file

I am using Unix on Mac OS X 10.5.6. I am trying to extract the last entry of a log (text) file. As seen below, each log entry looks like the following (date and time change with each log entry): I want the script to extract everything quoted above, including the "===" dividers. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atilano
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract a text portion from a file

Can some one help me with shell script to extract a text block between two known strings. The given input file is as below: Name: abs Some tesxt.... Some tesxt.... Some tesxt.... end of text Name: xyz Some tesxt.... Some tesxt.... Some tesxt.... end of text Name: efg Some... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejazs0
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a portion of data from a very large tab delimited text file

Hi All I wanted to know how to effectively delete some columns in a large tab delimited file. I have a file that contains 5 columns and almost 100,000 rows 3456 f g t t 3456 g h 456 f h 4567 f g h z 345 f g 567 h j k lThis is a very large data file and tab delimited. I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grab Portion of Output Text (sed, grep, awk?)

Alright, here's the deal. I'm running the following ruby script (output follows): >> /Users/name/bin/acweather.rb -z 54321 -o /Users/name/bin -c Clouds AND Sun 57/33 - Mostly sunny and cool I want to just grab the "57/33" portion, but that's it. I don't want any other portion of the line. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: compulsiveguile
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting out text from specific portion on filename

Hi, how do I go about cutting out the first numeric characters after the word "access"? access1005101228.merged-00.15.17.86.d8.b8.log.gz (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: GermanJulian
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing a portion of Data from a text file

Hi All, I need some help to effectively parse out a subset of results from a big results file. Below is an example of the text file. Each block that I need to parse starts with "Output of GENE for sequence file 100.fasta" (next block starts with another number). I have given the portion of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text manipulation help required

Hi all, I want to perform different operations on text like converting string to lower, converting to upper, extract string etc. can anyone suggest me shell commands for these? is it possible to take input with read command and then applying perl commands for string manipulation? Help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: admc123
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: batch replace a portion of text in files

Hi all, What I would like to achieve is to batch change the code below in every pdf in a given directory (each pdf is uncompressed so that can be easily edited). An example of the javascript code: if (this.hostContainer) { try { this.hostContainer.postMessage(pp_216', 15259]);... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: menteith
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to add portion of text to files in directory using numerical match

In the below bash I am trying to rename eachof the 3 text files in /home/cmccabe/Desktop/percent by matching the numerical portion of each file to lines 3,4, or 5 in /home/cmccabe/Desktop/analysis.txt. There will always be a match between the files. When a match is found each text file in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)