Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How disabling GPU?
Special Forums Hardware How disabling GPU? Post 302999158 by _Fabio_79 on Wednesday 14th of June 2017 12:04:51 PM
Old 06-14-2017
Solved It.
radeon.runpm=0 in the grub config

Last edited by rbatte1; 06-14-2017 at 01:21 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to _Fabio_79 For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Tracing the GPU usage

Hello, Can give me some tips to trace the GPU usage on a solaris8 update7 box? I try to understand why a Cadcam app is so slow on my Solaris box compared to a win$ box. I guess it comes from the poor graphic card I have but i would like to emphasize it. My bench is 150sec long on a Solaris... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solea
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GPU and CUDA

Hi , i want begin programming using CUDA which enviroment can i get .I don't have desktop to buy GPU graphics card. what should to do to get CUDA enviroment. i'm thinking to buy desktop has this card or laptop (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Scotch
1 Replies

3. Hardware

External GPU issue

Dear all, I set up a external Gforce GPU using the PE4H (Pcie passive adapter) from HWTOOLS.NET. I'm able to add and remove the device doing and The point is the kernel does not initialized the device correctly. Here is what dmesg gives after the scan: lspci -t gives and lspci... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aihake
2 Replies

4. Hardware

Cooler GPU

In one of our computers a Zotac GPU was installed (Zotac GeForce GTX 780 3GB AMP! to be exact) and the processor remained an Intel Core i7 2600. For the processor a new after-market cooler was installed and for the GPU also, together with fans on all case grids. Initially the temperatures as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

5. Hardware

CUDA GPU terminates process at random instances

I am trying to start troubleshooting an error on a virtual server that uses the ubuntu 14.04 OS. Basically what happens (seeming random) is that the GPU stops processing and terminates. What Imean by seeming random is that for 3 runs there is no error then on run 4 the error appears. It has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

6. Linux

Vfio passtrough gpu, a question about hdmi

The situation videocard n°1 Nvidia Ge-force(used on host linux) videocard n°2 Ati radeon(used on guest windows 7) host is Slackware 14.2,kernel 4.18.15 I had set vfio to pass a ati card to windows7 guest Configure /etc/modprobe.d/vfio.conf options vfio-pci... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
GRUB(8)                                                                 FSF                                                                GRUB(8)

NAME
grub - the grub shell SYNOPSIS
grub [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
Enter the GRand Unified Bootloader command shell. --batch turn on batch mode for non-interactive use --boot-drive=DRIVE specify stage2 boot_drive [default=0x0] --config-file=FILE specify stage2 config_file [default=/boot/grub/menu.lst] --device-map=FILE use the device map file FILE --help display this message and exit --hold wait until a debugger will attach --install-partition=PAR specify stage2 install_partition [default=0x20000] --no-config-file do not use the config file --no-curses do not use curses --no-floppy do not probe any floppy drive --no-pager do not use internal pager --preset-menu use the preset menu --probe-second-floppy probe the second floppy drive --read-only do not write anything to devices --verbose print verbose messages --version print version information and exit REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
update-grub(8), grub-install(8). The full documentation for grub is maintained as a Texinfo manual in the grub-legacy-doc package. If the info and grub programs are prop- erly installed at your site, the command info grub should give you access to the complete manual. grub (GNU GRUB 0.97) January 2013 GRUB(8)