Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD Keep getting error "-bash: ./.profile_z2: line 52: syntax error: unexpected end of file" Post 302998861 by Corona688 on Thursday 8th of June 2017 06:41:38 PM
Old 06-08-2017
Code:
export ORACLE_SID=`cat $etcpath/oratab|egrep -vi "#|^$|asm|crs|agemt"|grep ":/"|awk -F':' '{print $1} |head -1`

Missing a quote.

Code:
export ORACLE_SID=`cat $etcpath/oratab|egrep -vi "#|^$|asm|crs|agemt"|grep ":/"|awk -F':' '{print $1}' |head -1`

This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

syntax error at line 59: `end of file' unexpected

Hello... I'm trying to run the sshd script, but I keep geting the Syntax errot message . Here's the last few lines on the script. set nu in vi shows 58 lines, but I keep getting error referring to line 59. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Remi else echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

"syntax error at line 21 :'done' unexpected." error message"

I am trying to run the script bellow but its given me "syntax error at line 20 :'done' unexpected." error message" can someone check to see if the script is ok? and correct me pls. Today is my first day with scripting. Gurus should pls help out #!/bin/ksh # Purpose: Check to see if file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibroxy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error at line 752: `end of file' unexpected

Hi, I'm having a syntax error at line 752: `end of file' unexpected. However, i didn't make any changes on line 752. I just inserted a new code in an existing program. Can anyone please check if there is something wrong with my code: if then lline=`tail -5 $badfile` ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chryz
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash (Ubuntu server): Syntax error: "|" unexpected in While-loop

Hello forum, I hope my problem is easy to solve for someone in here! My main task is to copy a large amount of imap-accounts from one server to another. There is a tool (Perl) called imapsync which does the job exellent. Unfortunately I'm only able to run it on one account at a time. After... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: primaxx
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

line 15: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi all, I am very new to programming and even newer to this forum as well, so I apologize if this should have been in the Newbie category, but... I am currently trying to figure out Shell Scripting and am running into problems early. Not having taken any kind of programming class, I am not even... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccorder22
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with error "syntax error: unexpected end of file"

Hi Techies, can anyone please debug the following Script and let me know what is going wrong here. im getting the following error #!/usr/bin/bash # ############################################################################################## # # Variables # #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with FTP Script which is causing "syntax error: unexpected end of file" Error

Hi All, Please hav a look at the below peice of script and let me know if there are any syntax errors. i found that the below peice of Script is causing issue. when i use SFTP its working fine, but there is a demand to use FTP only. please find below code and explain if anything is wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error"syntax error at line 15: `end of file' unexpected"

While i m running below code, it is giving me the error"syntax error at line 15: `end of file' unexpected". Pls let me know what is wrong here..i tried many ways, but no luck dbSID="SWQE" usrname="apps" password="Wrgthrk3" count=0 while do sqlplus $usrname/$password@$dbSID... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Del: line 13: syntax error: unexpected end of file

1 echo -e "Enter a filename" 2 read filename 3 if 4 then 5 echo -e "do you want to delete?" 6 read answer 7 if 8 then rm myfirst 9 else 10 echo -e "file not deleted" 11 fi 12 exit0 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Speedy
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error: "Syntax error; unexpected end of file"

Hello all, I am running a script to generate a report and mail it to an email address. When I am trying to validate whether the file is a 0 kb file, I am getting the below error. Error: "Syntax error; unexpected end of file" Any suggestions please? Code: #!/bin/sh .... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pradeep_Raj
1 Replies
XZGREP(1)							     XZ Utils								 XZGREP(1)

NAME
xzgrep - search compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
xzgrep [grep_options] [-e] pattern file... xzegrep ... xzfgrep ... lzgrep ... lzegrep ... lzfgrep ... DESCRIPTION
xzgrep invokes grep(1) on files which may be either uncompressed or compressed with xz(1), lzma(1), gzip(1), or bzip2(1). All options specified are passed directly to grep(1). If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep(1). When reading from standard input, gzip(1) and bzip2(1) compressed files are not supported. If xzgrep is invoked as xzegrep or xzfgrep then egrep(1) or fgrep(1) is used instead of grep(1). The same applies to names lzgrep, lze- grep, and lzfgrep, which are provided for backward compatibility with LZMA Utils. ENVIRONMENT
GREP If the GREP environment variable is set, xzgrep uses it instead of grep(1), egrep(1), or fgrep(1). SEE ALSO
grep(1), xz(1), gzip(1), bzip2(1), zgrep(1) Tukaani 2009-07-05 XZGREP(1)