Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu How to change ffmpeg default font size? Post 302998548 by baris35 on Saturday 3rd of June 2017 12:51:02 PM
Old 06-03-2017
How to change ffmpeg default font size?

Hello,

I have a problem with Greek subtitle font size when I map a subtitle file into a video in ffmpeg.

I ran below code:

Code:
ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -sub_charenc CP1253 -i video_sub.srt -c:v copy -c:a copy \ 
-c:s mov_text -metadata:s:s:0 language=gr mapped_video.mp4

When I play it in VLC, it gives very small subtitle size.

Then I tried to increase subtitle fontsize but no luck.

Code:
ffmpeg -strict -2 -i video.mp4 -sub_charenc CP1253 -vf subtitles=video_sub.srt:force_style='Fontsize=30' \ 
-qscale:v 3 -c:v copy -c:a copy -c:s mov_text -metadata:s:s:0 language=gr mapped_video.mp4

Also tried this one but failed again:

Code:
ffmpeg -strict -2 -i video.mp4 -sub_charenc CP1253 -vf "subtitles=video_sub.srt:force_style='Fontsize=30'" \
-qscale:v 3 -c:v copy -c:a copy -c:s mov_text -metadata:s:s:0 language=gr mapped_video.mp4

As default fontsize in ffmpeg is 16, this time I increased fontsize from 16 to 30 in vf_drawtext.c file, then I reconfigured ffmpeg and replaced new ffmpeg binary file but nothing changed.

PS: I tested below code as -vf is invalid when -c:v copy is selected..
Code:
ffmpeg -strict -2 -i video.mp4 -sub_charenc CP1253 -vf subtitles=video_sub.srt:force_style='Fontsize=30' \ 
-qscale:v 3 -c:v libx264 -c:a copy -c:s mov_text -metadata:s:s:0 language=gr mapped_video.mp4

Could you please explain how I may do this?

Thanks
Boris

Last edited by baris35; 06-03-2017 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: last attempt

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Font size

Hello all I am a new linux user (Redhat 7) and I am trying to learn how to operate the system. I have a couple problems one the font size for all windows withing the OS are too small and even though I found a couple places to configure font size I can't find where to change the font size for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elhefe
2 Replies

2. Solaris

font size printing

hi all , i was just wondering if i can specify the font size when i am printing from solaris . i am using solaris 9 and hp laserjet 1230 . i dont want to change the global variable for the printer driver . i just want to print a file with small font and the others with normal fonts . ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppass
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I enlarged the font size?

How can I enlarged the font size when I opened the pdf files with ghostscript or ghostview in solaris 8 for sparc. The font is so small that I can't see it!] Help me please! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_hand
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Font size in VIM

Hello, I use VIM version 7.1.56 on Ubuntu OS. Can you tell me pls how can I change the font-size in VIM? Thanks, Iuli (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketchera
1 Replies

5. AIX

how to change the font size of shell in $ prompt

Can any help me to change the default font type and its size.. To clear more about my question.. Once i login to my unix domain... the font it displaying is of small size... all my shell commands i am executing in $ prompt also carries the same style(ls, date and echo...) i searched whole... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsjpraveen
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

change the font size in bash

Hi, I would like to change the font size in bash. I know how do it in ksh: F_VDOBLE="\033#6" print "${F_VDOBLE}Esto es..." But in bash I don't know Could you help me please? Many thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mierdatuti
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Font Size

Hi All, Please can someone advise on how to change the font size of the output of a shell script. Best Regards, Shazin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shazin
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running ffmpeg in loop seems to change reading from file

Hi everyone, I am fairly new to shell scripting. I want to read in numbers from a file (one number per line). This works perfectly fine while read CurrentLine do echo $CurrentLine done < myfile and yields the correct output: 272 745 123 If I however run a ffmpeg... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thriceguy
2 Replies

9. Linux

How do we change the default font on Linux system?

I have two hosts i.e host1 & host2. host1 has the desired font details of which are below: uname -a Linux host1 3.10.0-693.21.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Mar 7 19:03:37 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux $ fc-match StRydeRegular.ttf: "St Ryde" "Regular" I need the same default font... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
27 Replies
pfsoutffmpeg(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   pfsoutffmpeg(1)

NAME
pfsoutffmpeg - Read pfs frames from stdin and forward them to ffmpeg program SYNOPSIS
pfsoutffmpeg [--help] <ffmpeg options> output_file DESCRIPTION
This command is a wrapper for ffmpeg program and can be used to write pfs frames to a compressed video. Check the examples section to for sample usage and see manual of ffmpeg for further information. Note that the usage of '-f' switch (input format specifier) and '-i' switch (input file specifier) of the ffmpeg program is implemented inside the script and is therefore not allowed. EXAMPLES
pfsinrgbe frame%04d.hdr --frames 100:2:200 | pfstmo_reinhard02 -s | pfsgamma -g 1.7 | pfsoutffmpeg -qscale 4 test.avi 1. Read HDR frames in RGBE format with the following names: frame0100.hdr, frame0102.hdr, frame0104.hdr,... frame0200.hdr 2. Apply local tone mapping operator to each frame (Reinhard2002 model, part of the PFSTMO package) 3. Apply gamma correction to each tone mapped frame 4. Compress frames to test.avi animation SEE ALSO
ffmpeg(1) pfsin(1) pfstmo_reinhard02(1) pfsgamma(1) BUGS
Frames smaller than 512x384 can cause broken pipe error, due to bug in ppm pipe reading routine in ffmpeg. Please report bugs and comments to Rafal Mantiuk <mantiuk@mpi-sb.mpg.de> or Grzegorz Krawczyk <krawczyk@mpi-sb.mpg.de>. pfsoutffmpeg(1)