Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How disabling GPU?
Special Forums Hardware How disabling GPU? Post 302998396 by Corona688 on Wednesday 31st of May 2017 11:16:13 AM
Old 05-31-2017
Disabling the GPU will leave you with no graphics. If that's acceptable, why not disable X itself?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Tracing the GPU usage

Hello, Can give me some tips to trace the GPU usage on a solaris8 update7 box? I try to understand why a Cadcam app is so slow on my Solaris box compared to a win$ box. I guess it comes from the poor graphic card I have but i would like to emphasize it. My bench is 150sec long on a Solaris... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solea
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GPU and CUDA

Hi , i want begin programming using CUDA which enviroment can i get .I don't have desktop to buy GPU graphics card. what should to do to get CUDA enviroment. i'm thinking to buy desktop has this card or laptop (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Scotch
1 Replies

3. Hardware

External GPU issue

Dear all, I set up a external Gforce GPU using the PE4H (Pcie passive adapter) from HWTOOLS.NET. I'm able to add and remove the device doing and The point is the kernel does not initialized the device correctly. Here is what dmesg gives after the scan: lspci -t gives and lspci... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aihake
2 Replies

4. Hardware

Cooler GPU

In one of our computers a Zotac GPU was installed (Zotac GeForce GTX 780 3GB AMP! to be exact) and the processor remained an Intel Core i7 2600. For the processor a new after-market cooler was installed and for the GPU also, together with fans on all case grids. Initially the temperatures as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

5. Hardware

CUDA GPU terminates process at random instances

I am trying to start troubleshooting an error on a virtual server that uses the ubuntu 14.04 OS. Basically what happens (seeming random) is that the GPU stops processing and terminates. What Imean by seeming random is that for 3 runs there is no error then on run 4 the error appears. It has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

6. Linux

Vfio passtrough gpu, a question about hdmi

The situation videocard n°1 Nvidia Ge-force(used on host linux) videocard n°2 Ati radeon(used on guest windows 7) host is Slackware 14.2,kernel 4.18.15 I had set vfio to pass a ati card to windows7 guest Configure /etc/modprobe.d/vfio.conf options vfio-pci... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
ATI(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    ATI(4)

NAME
ati - ATI video driver SYNOPSIS
Section "Device" Identifier "devname" Driver "ati" ... EndSection DESCRIPTION
ati is an Xorg wrapper driver for ATI video cards. It autodetects whether your hardware has a Radeon, Rage 128, or Mach64 or earlier class of chipset, and loads the radeon(4), r128(4), or mach64 driver as appropriate. SUPPORTED HARDWARE
The ati driver supports Radeon, Rage 128, and Mach64 and earlier chipsets by loading those drivers. See those manpages for specific cards supported. CONFIGURATION DETAILS
Please refer to xorg.conf(5) for general configuration details, and the specific card driver for driver configuration details. SEE ALSO
Xorg(1), xorg.conf(5), Xserver(1), X(7), r128(4), radeon(4) AUTHORS
See the individual driver pages for authors. X Version 11 xf86-video-ati 6.14.99 ATI(4)