Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LDAP broke after patching
Operating Systems Solaris LDAP broke after patching Post 302997812 by ron323232 on Friday 19th of May 2017 09:56:16 PM
Old 05-19-2017
LDAP broke after patching

Greetings...My first post here...
I am facing issue on a x86 Solaris server, running on VMWare. We have to install latest patch cluster. I took a snapshot (on VMWare side), so we have backup copy. Downloaded and installed latest patch cluster. Post patching, I am not able to login on server with any non-root user (LDAP user). Since, this server is not in support, I an not expect Oracle's help on this. I am not sure, which patch broke authentication mechanism.
In second attempt, I restored snapshot and this time I commented "possible culprit" patches in patch_order as below
Code:
cat 10_x86_Recommended.README | egrep -i "tls|pam|ssl|java|ldap"
120100-08
148072-19
151913-09
121212-02
122471-03
138767-01
141105-04
144910-03
147674-11
148050-04
148694-01
150120-04
150546-02
151915-07
152078-51
152079-51
152098-41
152099-41
152101-31

I applied patch cluster and it again came in same state.
Code:
From /var/adm/messages :-
May 19 14:02:46 ngtdr-zonemgr2-data ldap_cachemgr[221]: [ID 293258 daemon.warning] libsldap: Status: 91  Mesg: openConnection: simple bind failed - Can't connect to the LDAP server
May 19 14:02:46 ngtdr-zonemgr2-data ldap_cachemgr[221]: [ID 293258 daemon.warning] libsldap: Status: 91  Mesg: openConnection: simple bind failed - Can't connect to the LDAP server
May 19 14:02:46 ngtdr-zonemgr2-data ldap_cachemgr[221]: [ID 545954 daemon.error] libsldap: makeConnection: failed to open connection to npsec-est-wks1.acme.com
May 19 14:02:46 ngtdr-zonemgr2-data ldap_cachemgr[221]: [ID 545954 daemon.error] libsldap: makeConnection: failed to open connection to npsec-wst-wks1.acme.com

-bash-3.2# ldapclient list
NS_LDAP_FILE_VERSION= 2.0
NS_LDAP_BINDDN= cn=ngtdr-zonemgr2,ou=Hosts,dc=pre,dc=acme,dc=com
NS_LDAP_BINDPASSWD= {NS1}a1a2a3a4a5a6a7a8a9a10a11a11
NS_LDAP_SEARCH_BASEDN= dc=pre,dc=acme,dc=com
NS_LDAP_AUTH= tls:simple
NS_LDAP_SEARCH_REF= TRUE
NS_LDAP_SEARCH_SCOPE= one
NS_LDAP_SEARCH_TIME= 30
NS_LDAP_SERVER_PREF= npsec-wst-wks1.acme.com, npsec-est-wks1.acme.com
NS_LDAP_CACHETTL= 43200
NS_LDAP_PROFILE= ngtdr-zonemgr2
NS_LDAP_CREDENTIAL_LEVEL= proxy
NS_LDAP_SERVICE_SEARCH_DESC= group:ou=Group,?one?
NS_LDAP_SERVICE_SEARCH_DESC= shadow:ou=People,?one?
NS_LDAP_SERVICE_SEARCH_DESC= netgroup:ou=netgroup,?one?
NS_LDAP_SERVICE_SEARCH_DESC= sudoers:ou=sudoers,?one?
NS_LDAP_SERVICE_SEARCH_DESC= user_attr:ou=People,?one?
NS_LDAP_SERVICE_SEARCH_DESC= passwd:ou=People,?one?isMemberOf=cn=ngtdr-zonemgr2,ou=hosts,dc=pre,dc=acme,dc=com
NS_LDAP_BIND_TIME= 10
-bash-3.2# ldaplist
ldaplist: Object not found (Session error no available conn.
)
-bash-3.2#

I am not able to figure out, which patch is creating this problem so I can exclude that. Can somebody help me with this troubleshooting

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 05-20-2017 at 02:32 AM.. Reason: Anonymized data

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I think I broke it....

I was trying to install gcc on my solaris 2.6 box... and I kept encountering an error that was probably due to the lack of allocated space to the /var/spool/pkg... For some reason... I'm still trying to figure this out... I make symbolic links to every instace of /spool I could find... I then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changed the hostname/IP and broke it (AIX)

A buddy of mine bought an older RS/6000 CAD workstation runing AIX to learn on, and had me put it on his LAN at home. I used smit to change the hostname/IP. After a reboot I try to login, and get a message saying that DTMessage cannot start, and gives a changed hostname as one of the possible... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

i broke CDE

i honestly dont know what i did... considering i did many things... but now when i run a tightvnc session, i don't get the CDE desktop anymore, i get something that looks like an empty screen with a single terminal window... to make things worse, i can't do anything with that terminal window. it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
2 Replies

4. AIX

disks broke?

hay I'm new in the AIX-environment. Right now i'm testing some stuff out. But i can't test the LVM-part which is (to me) very important. I have 2 disks in my testmachine but it seems only 1 is working wel. I'll show you the output below of the disks... hdisk0 = in good condition hdisk2 =... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvanelshocht
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have a find/replace perl script thats broke

Hello Folks, #!/usr/bin/perl use File::Find; open F,shift or die $!; my %ip=map/(\S+)\s+(\S+)/,<F>; close F; find sub{ if( -f ){ local @ARGV=($_); local $^I=""; while( <> ){ !/#/ && s/(\w+)\.fs\.rich\.us/$ip{$1}/g; print; } }... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
8 Replies

6. AIX

X Forwarding broke

X Forwarding has quit working on only 2 of our AIX Servers. ssh -X -vvv host That shows it requesting the X11 forward auth spoofing. No errors. echo $DISPLAY shows the display variable However when I execute xclock.... nothing... Kinda like it just hangs and for some reasons it does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gibby13
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Ssh connection broke after patching

Hi, I have a user - e3t3user on two Solaris-10 servers. We did patching source server and after that e3t3user is not able to ssh from one server to another. Passwordless ssh connection is setup between both servers (with ssh keys share). I am not able to figure out, where it is failing. Here is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies

8. Solaris

LDAP Client not connecting to LDAP server

I have very limited knowledge on LDAP configuration and have been trying fix one issue, but unsuccessful. The server, I am working on, is Solaris-10 zone. sudoers is configured on LDAP (its not on local server). I have access to login directly on server with root, but somehow sudo is not working... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)