Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking I would like to monitor network traffic for a computer on my network Post 302997803 by Corona688 on Friday 19th of May 2017 03:17:24 PM
Old 05-19-2017
pentium 4 is a bit old, unless it has 1g ram or more.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

monitoring network traffic

there are commands to monitor the memory, paging, io... how about network traffic. i mean commands to see whether the network traffic (LAN) is congested? the closest i got is netstat thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
6 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

How to capture network traffic

Hi, Can someone give me the clue on how to capture network traffic at gateway. Thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
2 Replies

3. Programming

Help in developing a Network Appliation to monitor pc in a network

I am developing a Network Appliation to monitor computers in a network. Specs are App monitors the current web page viewed in each system App also can shutdown the computer in the network App can show all process run by each computer in the network I am now confused how to start my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: valaparambil88
2 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Network Traffic

Hi all, Got a strange one here, well not so much strange, different :-) I need to work out if a server is particulary chatty, whether its talking / communicating heavily to a particular server, as Im planning to physically move the server to a different server, over a link. Hence the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
6 Replies

5. HP-UX

Monitoring traffic in the network

I Colleagues, Somebody can say me how to monitoring traffic in the network. also I am interested in monitoring memory. if somebody to know a guide with command advanced in unix welcome for me. Thank you for adcanced. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to monitor network device traffic using MRTG?

How to monitor network device traffic using MRTG? How can I add network devices in MRTG configuration to monitor? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

While Connecting to Google networking. Error = Unusual traffic from your computer network.

Hello, I am working in office, where, more than 60 clients machines (only 16 machines are on windows) are there and one server Centos Server, I have configured clients with server, so that internet will be used form only one IP. Only 1 ip is assigned, but now a days, my client machines are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedRocks!!
2 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

How do I know what traffic is in network port?

If I would like to know what connection , data , traffic in a network port ( eth0 ) , what can I do ? ps. because I always found the network is very slow , so I would like what the network port is doing . Thanks Login ID ust3 is currently in read-only mode for multiple infractions. Creating... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust03
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to throttle network traffic?

Hi All I am resilience testing an application that is spread across multiple servers. One thing I will need to do soon is throttle the network traffic for specific interfaces within the test cluster. Specifically, maybe make a connection take twice or three times as long to respond.... I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbq
3 Replies
isalist(5)																isalist(5)

NAME
isalist - the native instruction sets known to Solaris software The possible instruction set names returned by isalist(1) and the SI_ISALIST command of sysinfo(2) are listed here. The list is ordered within an instruction set family in the sense that later names are generally faster then earlier names; note that this is in the reverse order than listed by isalist(1) and sysinfo(2). In the following list of values, numbered entries generally represent increasing performance; lettered entries are either mutually exclusive or cannot be ordered. SPARC Platforms Where appropriate, correspondence with a given value of the -xarch option of Sun's C 4.0 compiler is indicated. Other compilers may have similar options. 1a. sparc Indicates the SPARC V8 instruction set, as defined in The SPARC Architecture Manual, Version 8, Prentice-Hall, Inc., 1992. Some instructions (such as integer multiply and divide, FSMULD, and all floating point operations on quad operands) may be emulated by the kernel on certain systems. 1b. sparcv7 Same as sparc. This corresponds to code produced with the -xarch=v7 option of Sun's C 4.0 compiler. 2. sparcv8-fsmuld Like sparc, except that integer multiply and divide must be executed in hardware. This corresponds to code produced with the -xarch=v8a option of Sun's C 4.0 compiler. 3. sparcv8 Like sparcv8-fsmuld, except that FSMULD must also be executed in hardware. This corresponds to code produced with the -xarch=v8 option of Sun's C 4.0 compiler. 4. sparcv8plus Indicates the SPARC V8 instruction set plus those instructions in the SPARC V9 instruction set, as defined in The SPARC Architecture Manual, Version 9, Prentice-Hall, 1994, that can be used according to The V8+ Technical Specification. This corresponds to code pro- duced with the -xarch=v8plus option of Sun's C 4.0 compiler. 5a. sparcv8plus+vis Like sparcv8plus, with the addition of those UltraSPARC I Visualization Instructions that can be used according to The V8+ Technical Specification. This corresponds to code produced with the -xarch=v8plusa option of Sun's C 4.0 compiler. 5b. sparcv8plus+fmuladd Like sparcv8plus, with the addition of the Fujitsu SPARC64 floating multiply-add and multiply-subtract instructions. 6. sparcv9 Indicates the SPARC V9 instruction set, as defined in The SPARC Architecture Manual, Version 9, Prentice-Hall, 1994. 7a. sparcv9+vis Like sparcv9, with the addition of the UltraSPARC I Visualization Instructions. 7b. sparcv9+vis2 Like sparcv9, with the addition of the UltraSPARC III Visualization Instructions. 7c. sparcv9+fmuladd Like sparcv9, with the addition of the Fujitsu SPARC64 floating multiply-add and multiply-subtract instructions. Platforms 1. i386 The Intel 80386 instruction set, as described in The i386 Microprocessor Programmer's Reference Manual. 2. i486 The Intel 80486 instruction set, as described in The i486 Microprocessor Programmer's Reference Manual. (This is effectively i386, plus the CMPXCHG, BSWAP, and XADD instructions.) 3. pentium The Intel Pentium instruction set, as described in The Pentium Processor User's Manual. (This is effectively i486, plus the CPU_ID instruction, and any features that the CPU_ID instruction indicates are present.) 4. pentium+mmx Like pentium, with the MMX instructions guaranteed present. 5. pentium_pro The Intel PentiumPro instruction set, as described in The PentiumPro Family Developer's Manual. (This is effectively pentium, with the CMOVcc, FCMOVcc, FCOMI, and RDPMC instructions guaranteed present.) 6. pentium_pro+mmx Like pentium_pro, with the MMX instructions guaranteed present. 7. amd64 The AMD Opteron instruction set, as described in the AMD64 Architecture Programmer's Manual. isalist(1), sysinfo(2) 6 Jan 2005 isalist(5)