Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Keyboard User Input in awk language ? Post 302997618 by Zabo on Wednesday 17th of May 2017 11:05:09 AM
Old 05-17-2017
Keyboard User Input in awk language ?

Hi,

does someone know how to make a keyboard data input

in the AWK programming language ?

Regards

Zabo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

suppressing keyboard input

Setup Info: This User Id and Password mention below are being used with the ISQL command to connect to a sybase database so they are likely to not be the same as those that were signed on from the session. Situation: Using a korn shell, the shell prompts for a User Id and Password. During the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anthreedhr
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk user input

Using the following I'm trying to print the user's response to the prompt Y / N but I get nothing other than the contents of $1? awk '{ printf($1 " ? (Y/N)") getline myresponse < "-" system("read myresponse") if (myresponse == "Y") { print $1... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
17 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK set FILENAME via user input

I am trying to write a awk script that prompts user for input to set the FILENAME varable. I can get it set, but I think awk is not doing anything with it. this is what I have so far #!/usr/bin/nawk -f BEGIN { FILENAME = "" printf "Enter name of file to check in : " ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
2 Replies

4. Programming

Keyboard Input

Does anyone know how do you determine the user idle time of STDIN in order to log the user out for being idle too long. I would like to write a c program to do this but I it is not clear upon how to determine idle time from keyboard input. I have found that the "who.c" source file uses the last... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpaquette
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Testing for correct user input from keyboard

What script can I use to catch errors in a shell script if user inputs alpha numeric characters instead on integers from the keyboard? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pauline mugisha
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to take input from user or awk script?

Hi Jim, I have following script,i which i need to take dynamic value . script, nawk -v v1=grep"INT_EUR" $propertifilename | cut -d"=" -F2` -F'~' '{if (NF-1 !=v1) {print "Error in " $0 " at line number "NR" tilde count " N-1}}' $filename In the above script i want to use INT_EUR as a variable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Khandare
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk replacing file with user input

this section of the awk code i have here takes file to work with from the user. the user specifies the file name from the command line and the file name is assigned to the variable $FLIST awk 'BEGIN { while((getline < "'${FLIST}'")>0) S FS="\n"; RS="}\n" } now, i dont want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to read user keyboard input inside the case?

I need to Write a shell script that allows some system-administration tasks to be preformed automatically from a menu-driven interface. with automated following tasks: Copy directory tree Delete files or directories Output Information (this part is done ) *Copy directory tree The “Copy... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: femchi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

User input and run awk using the input

I am trying to allow a user to enter in text and then store that text in a variable $gene to run in an awk command in which those values are used to run some calculations. I am getting syntax errors however, when I try. Thank you :). The awk runs great if it is a pre-defined file that is used,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read input from Keyboard, do not proceed if no input

Hi, I am working on a script, which requests users to enter input. Ex: read -p "Please enter your email id:" email I don't want users skipping this entry, this has to be mandatory.I dont want to proceed without input. I can do a check if variable $email is empty and proceed if not.But, i... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindadla
7 Replies
poll_keyboard(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					    poll_keyboard(3alleg4)

NAME
poll_keyboard - Polls the keyboard. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int poll_keyboard(); DESCRIPTION
Wherever possible, Allegro will read the keyboard input asynchronously (ie. from inside an interrupt handler), but on some platforms that may not be possible, in which case you must call this routine at regular intervals to update the keyboard state variables. To help you test your keyboard polling code even if you are programming on a platform that doesn't require it, after the first time that you call this function Allegro will switch into polling mode, so from that point onwards you will have to call this routine in order to get any keyboard input at all, regardless of whether the current driver actually needs to be polled or not. The keypressed(), readkey(), and ureadkey() functions call poll_keyboard() automatically, so you only need to use this function when accessing the key[] array and key_shifts variable. RETURN VALUE
Returns zero on success, or a negative number on failure (ie. no keyboard driver installed). SEE ALSO
keyboard_needs_poll(3alleg4), install_keyboard(3alleg4), key(3alleg4), key_shifts(3alleg4), excamera(3alleg4), exsample(3alleg4), exs- tars(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 poll_keyboard(3alleg4)