Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AIX to RHEL migration - awk treating 0e[0-9]+ as 0 instead of string issue Post 302997463 by RudiC on Sunday 14th of May 2017 03:26:24 AM
Old 05-14-2017
As I said - usage alone, be it for assignment or reference in an index, takes the value as is. Only evaluation, e.g. for a boolean expression or a numerical computation, converts the string to a number, using the starting characters up to a non-convertible one.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX Migration

Hi , Migrating AIX 4.3.3 ML10 to 5.3 ML1 (retaining 32 bit) after successfully going through 5 of the 5.3 Install CD's. After "All fileset's processed successfully " message I was told that system would reboot and then I would get prompted for setting TERm type ( i have an ascii ibm3151) and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Student37
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk issue on AIX

Hi, two teams at two locations - A & B. At location A, we have AIX 5.3 and at location B, we have AIX 5.1. We execute the below awk command in loc A and it executes successfully(part of a larger script). But the same does not get executed in the loc B server. We are not able to access the loc B... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranj@chn
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 5.2 to 5.3 migration

Hello All, We want to upgrade our 44p Model 270 from AIX 5.2 to 5.3. This is a standalone devlopment server but downtime is something we don't want because we have a short development deadline looming. I have no tape drive to make backups to. I myself am a developer and don't have any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fred Vogel
4 Replies

4. AIX

IY17981 fix required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration but not found

Hi, redbook documentation is telling that IY17981 fix is required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration. But there is no mention about that fix in any ML installation packages. - My system is ML11 : oslevel –r 4330-11 - But xlC.rte is on wrong version : lslpp -L xlC.rte xlC.rte ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Treating string as date ?

Is there a way to treat a string as date and compare it to the current date? lets assum inpu lik $ cat myfile Name Last login ************************** Sara 2/13/2012 kalpeer 2/15/2012 ygemici 2/14/2012 we want to display the name who logged in during the last #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - treating remaining columns as one

Hi all, For no particular reason, I would like to use awk on a file that contains multiple columns, but let's say only columns 1 and 2 have some text values, and the remainder of the line contains text that I would like to treat as one column, considering I have spaces as delimiter for the... (33 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppucci
33 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

8. AIX

AIX - FC Switch migration, SAN Migration question!

I'm New to AIX / VIOS We're doing a FC switch cutover on an ibm device, connected via SAN. How do I tell if one path to my remote disk is lost? (aix lvm) How do I tell when my link is down on my HBA port? Appreciate your help, very much! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies

9. AIX

AIX Migration issue with EMC ODM sets

Hi Experts , I want to start migrating our AIX 6.1 to AIX 7.1 . I am planning to use alt_disk_migration . Chris gibson has awesome documentation in the internet. However I am running into an issue with EMC odm filesets . So my current OS is AIX 6.1. and I have this : lslpp -l | grep EMC ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JME2015
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk treating variables differently in UNIX-Linux

Hi, awk seem to be acting differently in Unix and Linux when it comes to formatting. This is making it difficult to migrate scripts. for example: UNIX: echo "123" |awk '{printf ("%05s\n" ,$1)}' 00123 echo "123" |awk '{printf ("%05d\n" ,$1)}' 00123 echo "S12" |awk '{printf ("%05s\n"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanderingmind16
9 Replies
XmCvtXmStringTableToTextProperty(library call)							    XmCvtXmStringTableToTextProperty(library call)

NAME
XmCvtXmStringTableToTextProperty -- A function that converts from XmStringTable to an XTextProperty Structure SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> int XmCvtXmStringTableToTextProperty (display, string_table, count, style, text_prop_return) Display *display; XmStringTable string_table; int count; XmICCEncodingStyle style; XTextProperty *text_prop_return; (void) DESCRIPTION
XmCvtXmStringTableToTextProperty converts the XmStrings in the specified XmStringTable into an XTextProperty structure. The function sets the encoding member of text_prop_return to an Atom for the specified display naming the encoding determined by the speci- fied style, and it converts the first count compound strings in the specified XmStringTable to this encoding for storage in the text_prop_return value member. Following are the possible encoding styles: XmSTYLE_COMPOUND_STRING The encoding is _MOTIF_COMPOUND_STRING. The function converts each specified XmString to a compound string in Byte Stream format. XmSTYLE_COMPOUND_TEXT The encoding is COMPOUND_TEXT. The function converts each specified XmString to compound text. XmSTYLE_LOCALE The encoding is the encoding of the current locale. The function converts each specified XmString to the encoding of the current locale. XmSTYLE_STRING The encoding is STRING (plain C strings encoded in ISO8859-1), and the function converts each specified XmString to STRING. XmSTYLE_TEXT If all specified XmStrings are fully convertible to the encoding of the current locale, the encoding is the encoding of the cur- rent locale, and the function converts each specified XmString to the encoding of the current locale. Otherwise, the encoding is COMPOUND_TEXT, and the function converts each specified compound string to compound text. XmSTYLE_STANDARD_ICC_TEXT If all specified XmStrings are fully convertible to STRING, the encoding is STRING, and the function converts each specified XmString to STRING. Otherwise, the encoding is COMPOUND_TEXT, and the function converts each specified XmString to compound text. display Specifies the connection to the X server. string_table Specifies a set of XmStrings. count Specifies the number of XmStrings to be converted in string_table. style Specifies the manner in which the property is encoded. text_prop_return Returns the XTextProperty structure. To free the storage for the value member of the XTextProperty, use XtFree. RETURN VALUES
If conversion depends on the locale and the current locale is not supported, the function returns XLocaleNotSupported. In both of these cases, the function does not set text_prop_return. To determine whether the function is guaranteed not to return XLocaleNotSupported, use XSupportsLocale. RELATED INFORMATION
XmCvtXmStringToByteStream(3), XmCvtTextPropertyToXmStringTable(3), and XmStringTable(3). XmCvtXmStringTableToTextProperty(library call)