Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AIX to RHEL migration - awk treating 0e[0-9]+ as 0 instead of string issue Post 302997462 by chill3chee on Sunday 14th of May 2017 03:18:49 AM
Old 05-14-2017
Thank you RudiC and MadeInGermany. That works. Just wanted to know that during reading $2 is 0e123456789 but why does awk interpret $2 to 0 i.e., process $2 as scientific notation during ! $2 in earlier code. Can you please explain this behavior. Is this again specific to Linux as this was executing without issues in AIX. Thank you for your time.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX Migration

Hi , Migrating AIX 4.3.3 ML10 to 5.3 ML1 (retaining 32 bit) after successfully going through 5 of the 5.3 Install CD's. After "All fileset's processed successfully " message I was told that system would reboot and then I would get prompted for setting TERm type ( i have an ascii ibm3151) and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Student37
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk issue on AIX

Hi, two teams at two locations - A & B. At location A, we have AIX 5.3 and at location B, we have AIX 5.1. We execute the below awk command in loc A and it executes successfully(part of a larger script). But the same does not get executed in the loc B server. We are not able to access the loc B... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranj@chn
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 5.2 to 5.3 migration

Hello All, We want to upgrade our 44p Model 270 from AIX 5.2 to 5.3. This is a standalone devlopment server but downtime is something we don't want because we have a short development deadline looming. I have no tape drive to make backups to. I myself am a developer and don't have any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fred Vogel
4 Replies

4. AIX

IY17981 fix required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration but not found

Hi, redbook documentation is telling that IY17981 fix is required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration. But there is no mention about that fix in any ML installation packages. - My system is ML11 : oslevel –r 4330-11 - But xlC.rte is on wrong version : lslpp -L xlC.rte xlC.rte ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Treating string as date ?

Is there a way to treat a string as date and compare it to the current date? lets assum inpu lik $ cat myfile Name Last login ************************** Sara 2/13/2012 kalpeer 2/15/2012 ygemici 2/14/2012 we want to display the name who logged in during the last #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - treating remaining columns as one

Hi all, For no particular reason, I would like to use awk on a file that contains multiple columns, but let's say only columns 1 and 2 have some text values, and the remainder of the line contains text that I would like to treat as one column, considering I have spaces as delimiter for the... (33 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppucci
33 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

8. AIX

AIX - FC Switch migration, SAN Migration question!

I'm New to AIX / VIOS We're doing a FC switch cutover on an ibm device, connected via SAN. How do I tell if one path to my remote disk is lost? (aix lvm) How do I tell when my link is down on my HBA port? Appreciate your help, very much! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies

9. AIX

AIX Migration issue with EMC ODM sets

Hi Experts , I want to start migrating our AIX 6.1 to AIX 7.1 . I am planning to use alt_disk_migration . Chris gibson has awesome documentation in the internet. However I am running into an issue with EMC odm filesets . So my current OS is AIX 6.1. and I have this : lslpp -l | grep EMC ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JME2015
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk treating variables differently in UNIX-Linux

Hi, awk seem to be acting differently in Unix and Linux when it comes to formatting. This is making it difficult to migrate scripts. for example: UNIX: echo "123" |awk '{printf ("%05s\n" ,$1)}' 00123 echo "123" |awk '{printf ("%05d\n" ,$1)}' 00123 echo "S12" |awk '{printf ("%05s\n"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanderingmind16
9 Replies
KSC(1)								   User Commands							    KSC(1)

NAME
ksc - Linux kernel module source checker SYNOPSIS
ksc [ -d | --directory ] DIRECTORY ksc [ -k | --ko ] FILE OPTIONS
KSC accepts command-line arguments, and has both a long and short form usage. You can use either style or combine them to specify options. When the tool is run with kernel module sources it checks for all four architectures, and when run with binary kernel modules, it checks for the specific architecture for which the binary was built. Valid RHEL whitelist releases are rhel6.0, rhel6.1, rhel6.2, rhel6.3, rhel6.4 -h, --help show this help message and exit -c CONFIG, --config=CONFIG path to the local ksc.conf file. If not specified the tool tries to read from ~/ksc.conf and if that is also not found then from /etc/ksc.conf -d DIRECTORY, --directory=DIRECTORY path to the directory -i, --internal to create text files to be used internally. -k KO, --ko=KO path to the ko file. You should either use -d or -k to run the KSC tool, but not both. If both -d and -k option is used at the same time then only -d is used and the -k option is discarded. -n RELEASENAME, --name=RELEASENAME Red Hat release against which the bug is to be filed. Default value is 6.5 -p PREVIOUS, --previous=PREVIOUS path to the previous resultset file and submit it as a bug to Red Hat Bugzilla. -r RELEASE, --release=RELEASE RHEL whitelist release used for comparison -s, --submit Submits the report to the Red Hat bugzilla (https://bugzilla.redhat.com). The credentials need to be in the /etc/ksc.conf file. The tool will prompt for bugzilla password. The configuration file looks like below: [bugzilla] user=user@redhat.com partner=partner-name partnergroup=partner-group server=https://bugzilla.redhat.com/xmlrpc.cgi -v, --version Prints KSC version number ksc - Version 0.9.11 Feb 2014 KSC(1)