Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers AIX 4.3 - Need help - Printers not working Post 302997194 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 9th of May 2017 12:20:24 PM
Old 05-09-2017
I'm not an AIX expert but in generic terms it sounds like your print services daemon isn't running.

On quick web search I found this:
Stopping/Starting Printing processes - Toolbox for IT Groups

Hopefully you'll get replies on here from real AIX experts.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Code working AIX 5.2 and not in Solaris 5.9

Hi, When i run the below code in AIX it runs and solaris not ... why ??? #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #define MAX 1 int main () { char str ="1,2,3,4,5"; char * pch,b; int a; printf ("Enter the int to be searched ",str); scanf("%d",&a); sprintf(b,"%d",a); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysabari
2 Replies

2. AIX

^P Not working on AIX.

I'm working on an AIX box, and I generall prefer emacs command line editing in ksh. Most control-commands are working, except not control-P (Recall previous command). ksh set - o emacs ^p Does not result in the expected outcome. does anyone know why this might be? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
0 Replies

3. AIX

Interface drivers for printers under AIX 5.3 or above

Hello, Under Linux (Cups) you can place an interface driver in: /etc/cups/interfaces .. which allows you to intercept printouts to a certain printer and then carry on with the printer. Is there a similar function under AIX? Thanks, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stuaz
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

*/5 not working in AIX

Hi Guys, I tried to schedule a script for every 5 mins. i tried */5 but it is not working. Is writing every 5 mins is the only way to do it? like below 05,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 05-08 Thanks And Regards, Magesh (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
11 Replies

5. AIX

suid not working on AIX ?

Hello, I'm running AIX 6.1 box. I tried to use suid on binary file but it doesn't work. (I set suid on /usr/bin/sleep and tried to run it as user1(sleep owner is bin) - and program still runs as user1. It shoud run as bin isn't it ? - This test run as expected on Linux box) Filesystem is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rm -rf not working on AIX 6.1

Hi Guys, I have never seen this happen before, but created a directory as a user when installing some software, software install fails so I try and remove the directory as root and get an error. There is no processes using the folder see output: ls -l total 446336 -rwxr----- 1 u0008862... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris5126
2 Replies

7. AIX

AIX Printers moved to anothere AIX system

AIX Printers need to be moved to another system Guy's We have two servers old AIX 5.2 and new AIX 6.1 the old server has more than 300 printers installed with different configurations I'd like to move all the printers from the old server to the new server with fast steps it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX Bunch of printers queue creation script - HELP

I'd seek for help on how to create a bunch of printers in AIX 6.x or equal or above in one go – say like I have 35 printers to create in 4 different AIX Nodes every month – I currently create it manually like below:- How can I automatic this creation on all the 4-5 Nodes – not actually automatic... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiv2001in
3 Replies

9. AIX

rssh not working in AIX 6.1

edit by bakunin: double post SNIPped. Hi, I have a similar problem with my AIX 6.1. In AIX 5.3, I have successfully implemented rssh for the caging of my SFTP users. Since we just upgraded to AIX 6.1 TL6 SP7, the rssh does not work. The SFTP works when the user's shell is set to ksh, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eddie.lee
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command not working on AIX

Hello, I am running find command in an AIX Server to find last 7 days modified directories/files. >cd /usr/openv/netbackup/db/class >ls -l total 0 drwxr-xr-x 3 root system 256 May 28 2014 Catalog-Backup drwxr-xr-x 3 root system 256 Sep 18 2012 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
4 Replies
disco(1)						      General Commands Manual							  disco(1)

NAME
disco - Mono's Web Service Discovery Tool SYNOPSIS
disco [options] url DESCRIPTION
disco is a tool for discovering web services and for retireving the documents that describe those services. url is the location of a DISCO document, which includes a list of WSDL documents, XML schemas and references to other DISCO documents. disco downloads the DISCO document and all referenced documents (unless the -nosave option is specified), and saves them to disk. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -nologo Supress the startup logo. -nosave Do not save the discovered documents to disk. The default is to save the documents. -o:directory , -out:directory The directory where to save the discovered documents. By default, documents are saved in the current directory. -u:username , -user:username The user name to use when connecting to the server. -p:password , -password:password The password to use when connecting to the server. -d:domain , -domain:domain The domain to use when connecting to the server. -proxy:url The url of the proxy server to use for http requests. -proxyusername:username The user name to use when connecting to the proxy. -proxypassword:password The password to use when connecting to the proxy. -proxydomain:domain The domain to use when connecting to the proxy. AUTHORS
Lluis Sanchez Gual (lluis@ximian.com) LICENSE
disco is released under the terms of the GNU GPL. SEE ALSO
wsdl(1), soapsuds(1), mono(1), mcs(1) disco(1)