Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error when executing script
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Error when executing script Post 302997001 by RudiC on Friday 5th of May 2017 06:38:42 AM
Old 05-05-2017
You can't use it like that: for (( "$D"=16; "$D"<=20; "$D"++ ));. Use unexpanded variable names like for (( i=1; i<5; i++ )); do echo $i; done. $D is already expanded by the shell.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

error while executing the script

Hello I am executing the following script nawk 'NR == 1 || substr($0,63,5) ~ /H... / && \ _++ == 2 { fn && close(fn); fn = "part_" ++c; _ = 1 } { print > fn }' sample.dat When i execute as it is it is executing fine. but when i execute the whole script as a single line like below ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsdev_123
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while executing a script

My script is as below : #!/bin/sh for line in `cat Results.txt` do FEILD1=`echo $line |awk -F"|" '{print $1}'` FEILD2=`echo $line |awk -F"|" '{print $2}'` FEILD3=`echo $line |awk -F"|" '{print $3}'` FEILD4=`echo $line |awk -F"|" '{print $4}'` echo "$FEILD1 $FIELD2 $FIELD3 $FIELD4" done ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: shwetainnani
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while executing the below script

I am executing the below in telnet #!/usr/bin/ksh File1=simple.txt # The file to check LogFile=simple.log # The log file DelayMax=30 # Timeout delay Tolerance=2 # BEGIN ############################## while true do StampNow=$(date +%s)/60 # stamp in minutes ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinniforu2003
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error Executing the script.

Hi , I m getting an error after executing the script. My script. Script is used to find out the date on 8 different machines(mentioned in SERVERNAMES file). I have added public key to avoid ssh password and ssh without password working fine. #!/bin/sh fn_VMFind() { Date=`ssh -t... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while executing a script

Hi Please assist. Im getting an error while execuing the script name d "cdsnd.basel.cd_new " as siiadm user. Thanks. siiadm> ls -l total 64 -rwxr-xr-x 1 siiadm sboadm 1004 Sep 17 2008 cdsnd.basel.cd -rwxr-xr-x 1 siiadm sapsys 998 Nov 16 09:14 cdsnd.basel.cd_new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting the error 'not found' while executing the script

Hi, I am not able to figure out what the problem is: getting the following error sqltst.sh: 1: not found here is the script #!/bin/sh . /home/dev1/.profile . /home/dev1/.infenv `sqlplus -s $REPDB_LOGON << EOF SET SERVEROUT ON SET FEEDBACK OFF SET HEADING OFF SET TRIMSPOOL... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error executing script

Please delete de thread. Thanks. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rodrih92
10 Replies

8. Linux

Libssh2 error while executing script

hi all, i am getting libssh2 error while executing script in RHEL 6, when i locate that file its not there below is the ouput of this # locate libssh2_agent_init # cat /etc/issue Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.1 (Santiago) Kernel \r on an \m how do i resolve this issue, i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muzaffar.k
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error executing the script

I have the following script test.sh owned by dwdev account and group dwdev, the permissions on the script are as follows. -rw-r-x--- 1 dwdev dwdev 279 Sep 17 13:19 test.sh Groups: cat /etc/group | grep dwdev dwdev:x:704:dwdev dwgroup:x:725:dwdev writers:x:726:dwdev User: cat /etc/passwd |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gettting error while executing script

getting error as below while executing script in linux. OS version: Linux VGP-3GPSDB-LX 3.10.0-514.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Oct 19 11:24:13 EDT 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux ./imxtract.sh: line 395: unexpected EOF while looking for matching ``' ./imxtract.sh: line 402: syntax error:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
1 Replies
catch(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  catch(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
catch - Evaluate script and trap exceptional returns SYNOPSIS
catch script ?varName? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The catch command may be used to prevent errors from aborting command interpretation. Catch calls the Tcl interpreter recursively to exe- cute script, and always returns without raising an error, regardless of any errors that might occur while executing script. If script raises an error, catch will return a non-zero integer value corresponding to one of the exceptional return codes (see tcl.h for the definitions of code values). If the varName argument is given, then the variable it names is set to the error message from interpret- ing script. If script does not raise an error, catch will return 0 (TCL_OK) and set the variable to the value returned from script. Note that catch catches all exceptions, including those generated by break and continue as well as errors. The only errors that are not caught are syntax errors found when the script is compiled. This is because the catch command only catches errors during runtime. When the catch statement is compiled, the script is compiled as well and any syntax errors will generate a Tcl error. EXAMPLES
The catch command may be used in an if to branch based on the success of a script. if { [catch {open $someFile w} fid] } { puts stderr "Could not open $someFile for writing $fid" exit 1 } The catch command will not catch compiled syntax errors. The first time proc foo is called, the body will be compiled and a Tcl error will be generated. proc foo {} { catch {expr {1 +- }} } KEYWORDS
catch, error Tcl 8.0 catch(n)