Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get the shell script to read the .txt file as an input/data? Post 302996962 by Corona688 on Thursday 4th of May 2017 02:56:23 PM
Old 05-04-2017
Code:
while read variablename
do
done < input.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read the data from the text file in shell script?

I am having one text file and i need to read that data from my shell script. I will expain you the scenario: Script look like: For name type 1: For age type 2: For Salary type3: echo "Enter the input:" read the data if input is 1 then go to the Text file and print the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshmurs
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read data from .csv file through shell script & modify

I need to read data from a file called "test.csv" through shell script where the file contains values like name,price,descriptor etc. There are rows where descriptor (& in some rows name) are written as string & other characters like "car_+" OR "bike*" etc where it should contains strings like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj100
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scope of the shell/perl script is to read the input text file. Validate the expiry date of each

The scope of the shell/perl script is to read the input text file. Validate the expiry date of each certificate and send the mail to the user. The user takes action to add the new certificate to the storage file and user owns the responsibility to update the input text file with the new certificate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: casmo
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shellscript to read data from txt file and import to oracle db

Hi all, Help needed urgently. I am currently writing a shellscript to read data/record from a flat file (.txt) file, and import/upload the data to oracle database. The script is working fine, but it takes too long time (for 18000 records, it takes around 90 mins). I guess it takes so long... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robot_mas
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to read data from a file name.txt and search it in another file and then matching...

Hi Frnds... I have an input file name.txt and another file named as source.. name.txt is having only one column and source is having around 25 columns...i need to read from name.txt line by line and search it in source file and then save the result in results file.. I have a rough idea about the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed shell script to read txt file and do some modification

Hi ...programmers... I need a shell script to perform some specific task.. my txt file looks like this netcdf new { dimensions: XAX1_11 = 11 ; variables: double XAX1_11(XAX1_11) ; XAX1_11:point_spacing = "even" ; XAX1_11:axis = "X" ; float DEPTH(XAX1_11) ;... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
19 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inserting shell script input data automatically from a text file

Dear experts, I am new to linux programming. I have a shell script which i should run it on all my samples. I only define input and out put for this script. The inputs are 3 numbers(coordination numbers) which are available in a series of text file. Since i have a lots of samples, it takes a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohamadreza
5 Replies

9. Programming

Writing a UNIX shell script to call a C function and redirecting data to a .txt file

Hi, I am complete new to C programming and shell scripting. I just wrote a simple C code to calculate integral using trapezoid rule. I am prompting user to pass me No. of equally spaced points , N , upper and lower limit. My code looks as follows so far: #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjhjh
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk, sed, shell all words in INPUT.txt find in column1 of TABLE.txt and replce with column2 in

Hi dears i have text file like this: INPUT.txt 001_1_173 j nuh ]az 001_1_174 j ]esma. nuh ]/.xori . . . and have another text like this TABLE.txt j j nuh word1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alii
6 Replies
WORD-LIST-COMPRESS(1)					 Aspell Abbreviated User's Manual				     WORD-LIST-COMPRESS(1)

NAME
word-list-compress - word list compressor/decompressor for GNU Aspell SYNOPSIS
word-list-compress c[ompress] | d[ecompress] DESCRIPTION
word-list-compress compresses or decompresses sorted word lists for use with the GNU Aspell spell checker. COMMANDS
-c, c, compress compress the plain text word list read from standard input. -d, d, decompress decompress the compressed word list read from standard input. EXAMPLES
Here are a few examples of how you can use word-list-compress word-list-compress d <wordlist.cwl >wordlist.txt Decompress file wordlist.cwl to text file wordlist.txt word-list-compress c <wordlist.wl >wordlist.cwl 2>errors.txt Compress wordlist.wl to wordlist.cwl and send any error messages to a text file named errors.txt LC_COLLATE=C sort -u <wordlist.txt | word-list-compress c >wordlist.cwl Sort a word list, then pipe it to word-list-compress to create a compressed binary wordlist.cwl file. word-list-compress d <words.cwl | aspell create master ./words.rws Decompress a wordlist, then pipe it to aspell(1) to create a spelling list. Please check the aspell(1) info manual for proper usage and options. TIPS
Word-list-compress is best used with sorted word list type files. It is not a general purpose compression program since the resulting files may actually increase in size. Word-list-compress accepts up to 255 text characters in the range of {0x21...0xFF}. If your word list requires a larger character set for certain languages or longer length for multi-word, scientific, medical, technical or other use, then it is recommended that you compress your word list using prezip-bin(1) DIAGNOSTICS
Word-list-compress normally exits with a return code of 0. If it encounters an error, a message is sent to standard error output (stderr), and word-list-compress exits with a non-zero return value. Error messages are listed below: (display help/usage message) Unknown command given on the command line so word-list-compress displays a usage message to standard error output. Corrupt Input This is only for the decompression command d. The input file is of an unknown format or the input file/stream is corrupted. You may have some valid output, but word-list-compress could not complete the process. If the input file is a compressed wordlist but you have no output file, then it may be a newer prezip-bin(1) version of compressed file, if so, try decompressing the file with prezip-bin(1) instead. Output Data Error The output is full, write protected, or has an error and can no longer be written to. SEE ALSO
aspell(1), aspell-import(1), prezip-bin(1), run-with-aspell(1) Aspell is fully documented in its Texinfo manual. See the `aspell' entry in info for more complete documentation. REPORTING BUGS
For help, see the Aspell homepage at <http://aspell.net> and send bug reports/comments to the Aspell user list at the above address. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Aaron Lehmann <aaronl@vitelus.com>, Brian Nelson <pyro@debian.org> and Jose Da Silva <digital@joescat.com>. GNU
2005-09-05 WORD-LIST-COMPRESS(1)