Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Ftp command nlist not supporting in sftp Post 302996806 by Corona688 on Tuesday 2nd of May 2017 03:21:07 PM
Old 05-02-2017
Depends on what he's trying to do. If in the end all he needs to do is retrieve a list of files matching wildcards, mget will do.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Issue with AIX 5.3 and nlist/nlist64/knlist

I have encountered a problem that I cannot resolve. We have two different AIX 5.3 boxes. On one box, regardless of whether it is booted in 32 bit mode or 64 bit mode, I can obtain kernel metrics (i.e, using kernel symbol names sysinfo or avenrun) via the nlink or nlink64 system call. On... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawrence
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP to SFTP conversion

Hi, I have the following ftp code to check the status of communication channel : /bin/ftp -i -v -n -B 64 $HOST <<END 2>&1 > $LOGFILE user $user $password bye END I need to re write to use SFTP, I know how to do SFTP with authentication keys. But my problem is, when the authentication... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP to SFTP conversion

Hi, I have the following ftp code to check the status of communication channel : /bin/ftp -i -v -n -B 64 $HOST <<END 2>&1 > $LOGFILE user $user $password bye END I need to re write exactly the same way with SFTP using authentication keys, I know how to do SFTP with authentication keys.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP commands in SFTP

Hi, I am in the process of migrating all my FTP data flows into SFTP to make data more secure... I have used many quote site commands in our FTP sesssion. In SFTP i found that there is no option to do such commands. Does any body here know to overcome the current situation. Regards,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astra
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP / SFTP confusion

Good morning all, I require some help regarding an FTP server i am building. Basically i have around 20 users all sending a receiving files to and from my FTP server but would like all traffic to be secure. I want to ensure users connect via SFTP only and are denied via FTP. Im using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

'Upgrading' to sftp from ftp

Somebody made a policy that 'we use sftp now instead of ftp'. I have recommended we use scp because I can't for the life of me think of a *good* reason to use sftp and not scp. But most of what I do is stupid stuff without a good reason. I get judged on how much I can just say yes, no matter how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CodeMonkey76
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script from ftp to sftp

salmo allikm warhmat allah wabrakato i have my own server and upload file with ftp with this script ftp -n xxxxxxxxxcom<<EOF user xxxx xxxx binary put image bye EOF i want to convert to sftp or secure protocol when change to sftp no respond it stop i don't know how to start ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pua06
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace FTP with SFTP

Hi All, I am in the process of replacing SFTP instead of FTP to make data more secure. In one of my FTP script I have Quote Site command. I would like to know, what is the option to replace this in SFTP ftp -n -v <<! | tee -a $LOG | grep "Transfer complete" >/dev/null open... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: desai.vishnu
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Migration from FTP to SFTP

Hi Everyone, We are migrating from FTP to SFTP. We used the following script for FTP: echo "ftp -np -i -v << EOF" >> ${FTP_READY_FILE} echo "open ${SRC_FTP_SERVER} " >> ${FTP_READY_FILE} echo "user ${SRC_FTP_USER} ${SRC_FTP_PWD}" >> ${FTP_READY_FILE} echo "binary" >> ${FTP_READY_FILE}... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jigsaw16
5 Replies
SSH2_SFTP_LSTAT(3)							 1							SSH2_SFTP_LSTAT(3)

ssh2_sftp_lstat - Stat a symbolic link

SYNOPSIS
array ssh2_sftp_lstat (resource $sftp, string $path) DESCRIPTION
Stats a symbolic link on the remote filesystem without following the link. This function is similar to using the lstat(3) function with the ssh2.sftp:// wrapper in PHP 5 and returns the same values. PARAMETERS
o $sftp - o $path - Path to the remote symbolic link. RETURN VALUES
See the documentation for stat(3) for details on the values which may be returned. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Stating a symbolic link via SFTP <?php $connection = ssh2_connect('shell.example.com', 22); ssh2_auth_password($connection, 'username', 'password'); $sftp = ssh2_sftp($connection); $statinfo = ssh2_sftp_lstat($sftp, '/path/to/symlink'); $filesize = $statinfo['size']; $group = $statinfo['gid']; $owner = $statinfo['uid']; $atime = $statinfo['atime']; $mtime = $statinfo['mtime']; $mode = $statinfo['mode']; ?> SEE ALSO
ssh2_sftp_stat(3), lstat(3), stat(3). PHP Documentation Group SSH2_SFTP_LSTAT(3)