Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Strip file based on pattern
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Strip file based on pattern Post 302996779 by disedorgue on Tuesday 2nd of May 2017 06:19:34 AM
Old 05-02-2017
Hi,
If your grep support '-P' connector for perl pcre:
Code:
grep -Po '^!\K.*' file

Regards.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to change a particular value in a file based on a pattern

how to change a particular value in a line of a file based on a pattern eg: source file will be like ================= 99999999999 maximum number(0) ksuisikjjsl;;l skjss''llsl minimum number 0000000 maximum number of golds(0) target should be like ================= ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: orbeyen
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file based on a pattern

Dear all, I have a large file which is composed of 8000 frames, what i would like to do is split the file into 8000 single files names file.pdb.1, file.pdb.2 etc etc each frame in the large file is seperated by a "ENDMDL" flag so my thinking is to use this flag a a point to split the files... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mish_99
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip xml element nodes based on conditions

Hi Gurus, I have a xml in which I have to remove unused element nodes. Here are the requirements 1. Remove StoreAddresses & Contacts complex element directly 2. Remove StoreItemCharacteristic element based on CharacteristicName="Organic" Here is the sample xml <?xml version="1.0"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumars_49
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split the file based on pattern

Hi , I have huge files around 400 mb, which has clob data and have diffeent scenarios: I am trying to pass scenario number as parameter and and get required modified file based on the scenario number and criteria. Scenario 1: file name : scenario_1.txt ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with ksh-to read ip file & append lines to another file based on pattern match

Hi, I need help with this- input.txt : L B white X Y white A B brown M Y black Read this input file and if 3rd column is "white", then add specific lines to another file insert.txt. If 3rd column is brown, add different set of lines to insert.txt, and so on. For example, the given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashob123
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting textfile based on pattern and name new file after pattern

Hi there, I am pretty new to those things, so I couldn't figure out how to solve this, and if it is actually that easy. just found that awk could help:(. so i have a textfile with strings and numbers (originally copy pasted from word, therefore some empty cells) in the following structure: SC... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: luja
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Split one file to many based on pattern

Hello All, I have records in a file in a pattern A,B,B,B,B,K,A,B,B,K Is there any command or simple logic I can pull out records into multiple files based on A record? I want output as File1: A,B,B,B,B,K File2: A,B,B,K (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: deal1dealer
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract file name based on the pattern

Hello All, I have multiple files in a hadoop /tmp/cloudera directory. Filename are as follows ABC_DATA_BAD5A_RO_F_20161104.CSV ABC_DATA_BAD6C_VR_F_20161202.CSV ABC_DATA_BAD7A_TR_F_20162104.CSV ABC_DATA_BAD2A_BR_F_20161803.CSV ABC_DATA_BAD3T_KT_F_20160106.CSV I just need filenames... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prajaktaraut
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Splitting a file based on a pattern

Hi All, I am having a problem. I tried to extract the chunk of data and tried to fix I am not able to. Any help please Basically I need to remove the for , values after K, this is how it is now A,, B, C,C, D,D, 12/04/10,12/04/10, K,1,1,1,1,0,3.0, K,1,1,1,2,0,4.0,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)