Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error when executing script
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Error when executing script Post 302996108 by anaigini45 on Wednesday 19th of April 2017 05:06:07 AM
Old 04-19-2017
Error when executing script

Hi,

I wrote this script to test if the output for DIR1 and DIR2 comes out as I want :

Code:
#!/bin/bash

DAY=$(date +%d)
MONTH=$(date +%b)
YEAR=$(date +%Y)
DIR1=$($MONTH$YEAR"_Blast_BC01")
DIR2=$($MONTH$YEAR"_Blast_BC15")

echo $DIR1
echo $DIR2

This is the output I want for echo $DIR1 : Apr2017_Blast_BC01
And this is the output I want for echo $DIR2 : Apr2017_Blast_BC15

This is the error I get when I execute the script :

Code:
[root@L28tstream1 ~]# ./script3.sh
./script3.sh: line 6: Apr2017_Blast_BC01: command not found
./script3.sh: line 7: Apr2017_Blast_BC15: command not found

What is wrong with the syntax in the script above?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

error while executing the script

Hello I am executing the following script nawk 'NR == 1 || substr($0,63,5) ~ /H... / && \ _++ == 2 { fn && close(fn); fn = "part_" ++c; _ = 1 } { print > fn }' sample.dat When i execute as it is it is executing fine. but when i execute the whole script as a single line like below ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsdev_123
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while executing a script

My script is as below : #!/bin/sh for line in `cat Results.txt` do FEILD1=`echo $line |awk -F"|" '{print $1}'` FEILD2=`echo $line |awk -F"|" '{print $2}'` FEILD3=`echo $line |awk -F"|" '{print $3}'` FEILD4=`echo $line |awk -F"|" '{print $4}'` echo "$FEILD1 $FIELD2 $FIELD3 $FIELD4" done ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: shwetainnani
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while executing the below script

I am executing the below in telnet #!/usr/bin/ksh File1=simple.txt # The file to check LogFile=simple.log # The log file DelayMax=30 # Timeout delay Tolerance=2 # BEGIN ############################## while true do StampNow=$(date +%s)/60 # stamp in minutes ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinniforu2003
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error Executing the script.

Hi , I m getting an error after executing the script. My script. Script is used to find out the date on 8 different machines(mentioned in SERVERNAMES file). I have added public key to avoid ssh password and ssh without password working fine. #!/bin/sh fn_VMFind() { Date=`ssh -t... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while executing a script

Hi Please assist. Im getting an error while execuing the script name d "cdsnd.basel.cd_new " as siiadm user. Thanks. siiadm> ls -l total 64 -rwxr-xr-x 1 siiadm sboadm 1004 Sep 17 2008 cdsnd.basel.cd -rwxr-xr-x 1 siiadm sapsys 998 Nov 16 09:14 cdsnd.basel.cd_new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting the error 'not found' while executing the script

Hi, I am not able to figure out what the problem is: getting the following error sqltst.sh: 1: not found here is the script #!/bin/sh . /home/dev1/.profile . /home/dev1/.infenv `sqlplus -s $REPDB_LOGON << EOF SET SERVEROUT ON SET FEEDBACK OFF SET HEADING OFF SET TRIMSPOOL... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error executing script

Please delete de thread. Thanks. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rodrih92
10 Replies

8. Linux

Libssh2 error while executing script

hi all, i am getting libssh2 error while executing script in RHEL 6, when i locate that file its not there below is the ouput of this # locate libssh2_agent_init # cat /etc/issue Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.1 (Santiago) Kernel \r on an \m how do i resolve this issue, i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muzaffar.k
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error executing the script

I have the following script test.sh owned by dwdev account and group dwdev, the permissions on the script are as follows. -rw-r-x--- 1 dwdev dwdev 279 Sep 17 13:19 test.sh Groups: cat /etc/group | grep dwdev dwdev:x:704:dwdev dwgroup:x:725:dwdev writers:x:726:dwdev User: cat /etc/passwd |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gettting error while executing script

getting error as below while executing script in linux. OS version: Linux VGP-3GPSDB-LX 3.10.0-514.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Oct 19 11:24:13 EDT 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux ./imxtract.sh: line 395: unexpected EOF while looking for matching ``' ./imxtract.sh: line 402: syntax error:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
1 Replies
Error(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  Error(3)

NAME
Tk::Error - Method invoked to process background errors SYNOPSIS
Customization: require Tk::ErrorDialog; or sub Tk::Error { my ($widget,$error,@locations) = @_; ... } DESCRIPTION
The Tk::Error method is invoked by perl/Tk when a background error occurs. Two possible implementations are provided in the distribution and individual applications or users can (re)define a Tk::Error method (e.g. as a perl sub) if they wish to handle background errors in some other manner. A background error is one that occurs in a command that didn't originate with the application. For example, if an error occurs while executing a callback specified with a bind or a after command, then it is a background error. For a non-background error, the error can simply be returned up through nested subroutines until it reaches the top-level code in the application; then the application can report the error in whatever way it wishes. When a background error occurs, the unwinding ends in the Tk library and there is no obvious way for Tk to report the error. When Tk detects a background error, it saves information about the error and invokes the Tk::Error method later when Tk is idle. Tk::Error is invoked by perl/Tk as if by the perl code: $mainwindow->Tk::Error("error message", location ...); $mainwindow is the MainWindow associated with widget which detected the error, "error message" is a string describing the error that has been detected, location is a list of one or more "locations" which describe the call sequence at the point the error was detected. The locations are a typically a mixture of perl location reports giving script name and line number, and simple strings describing locations in core Tk or perl/Tk C code. Tk will ignore any result returned by the Tk::Error method. If another error occurs within the Tk::Error method (for example if it calls die) then Tk reports this error itself by writing a message to stderr (this is to avoid infinite loops due to any bugs in Tk::Error). If several background errors accumulate before Tk::Error is invoked to process them, Tk::Error will be invoked once for each error, in the order they occurred. However, if Tk::Error calls Tk->break, then any remaining errors are skipped without calling Tk::Error. The Tk module includes a default Tk::Error subroutine that simply reports the error on stderr. Tk::ErrorDialog An alternate definition is provided via: "require Tk::ErrorDialog;" that posts a dialog box containing the error message and offers the user a chance to see a stack trace showing where the error occurred. This is an OO implementation of the Tcl/Tk command bgerror, with a twist: since there is only one ErrorDialog widget, you aren't required to invoke the constructor to create it; it will be created automatically when the first background error occurs. However, in order to configure the -cleanupcode and -appendtraceback ErrorDialog options you must call the constructor and create it manually. The ErrorDialog object essentially consists of two subwidgets: a Dialog widget to display the background error and a Text widget for the traceback information. If required, you can invoke various widget methods to customize these subwidgets - their advertised names are described below. $mw->ErrorDialog(-cleanupcode => code, -appendtraceback => bool); $mw is a window reference. code is a CODE reference if special post-background error processing is required (default is undefined). The callback subroutine is called with @_ having the same arguments that Tk::Error was invoked with. bool is a boolean indicating whether or not to append successive tracebacks (default is 1, do append). Advertised ErrorDialog widgets error_dialog is the Dialog widget reference. text is the Text widget reference containing the traceback information. BUGS
If after or fileevent are not invoked as methods of a widget then perl/Tk is unable to provide a $mainwindow argument. To support such code from earlier versions of perl/Tk perl/Tk therefore calls Tk::Error with string 'Tk' instead: Tk->Tk::Error(...). In this case the Tk::Error in Tk::ErrorDialog and similar implementations cannot "popup" a window as they don't know which display to use. A mechanism to supply the MainWindow in applications which only have one (a very common case) should be provided. SEE ALSO
Tk::bind Tk::after Tk::fileevent KEYWORDS
background error, reporting perl v5.16.3 2014-06-10 Error(3)