Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to update value in field of out file using contents of another Ask Post 302995292 by RavinderSingh13 on Tuesday 4th of April 2017 09:18:08 AM
Old 04-04-2017
Hello cmccabe,

Apart from what Jim has stated, we could also put if condition in {if........} braces too.
Code:
{if($9 == "-" || $9 == "+"){printf ":"}}

Also set OFS="\t" in your code.

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to update the contents in a file conditionally?

Hi All, I have a data file which has two columns Location and the Count. The file looks like this India 1 US 0 UK 2 China 0 What I have to do is whenever I fails to login to Oracle then I have to add 1 to the count for that location. Whenever my script fails to login to Oracle for a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajus19
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substituting field contents using AWK

Hello, wondering if anybody may be help me. This is the output of a file, from which I need to display a number of fields regarding which users are using licences for two applications we run. Lines which end with "(linger: 1800)" denote licence use for one application and lines which don't contain... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Glyn_Mo
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update a field using awk and keep the formatting.

Look at this simple example. echo " 2 4 6" | awk '{$2+=3;$3-=1}1' 2 7 5 Is there a simple way to update a field and at the same time keep the formatting? I would like to get it like this 2 7 5 I have tested both sub and gsub, it reformat too. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update field file based on match

If $1 in file1 matches $2 in file2. Then the value in $2 of file2 is updated to $1"."$2 of file2. The awk seems to only match the two files but not update. Thank you :). awk awk 'NR==FNR{A ; next} $1 in A { $2 = a }1' file1 file2 file1 name version NM_000593 5 NM_001257406... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk match to update contents of file

I am trying to match $1 in file1 with $2 in file2. If a match is found then $3 and $4 of file2 are copied to file1. Both files are tab-delimeted and I am getting a syntax error and would also like to update file1 in-place without creating a new file, but am not sure how. Thank you :). file1 ... (19 Replies)
19 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update field in file based of match in another

I am trying to use awk to match two files that are tab-delimited. When a match is found between file1 $1 and file2 $4, $4 in file2 is updated using the $2 value in file1. If no match is found then the next line is processed. Thank you :). file1 uc001bwr.3 ADC uc001bws.3 ADC... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update value in field based on another field

In the tab-delimeted input file below I am trying to use awk to update the value in $2 if TYPE=ins in bold, by adding the value of HRUN= in italics. In the below since in line 1 TYPE=ins the 117282541 value in $2 has 6 added because that is the value of HRUN=. Hopefully the awk is a start but I... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update field in file2 if not the same as file1

Trying to use awk to: update $2 in file2 with the $2 value in file1, if $1 in file1 matches $13 in file2, which is tab-delimeted. The $2values may already be the same so in that case nothing happens and the next line is processed. There are exactly 4,605 unique $13 values. Thank you :). ... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update field using matching value in file1 and substring in field in file2

In the awk below I am trying to set/update the value of $14 in file2 in bold, using the matching NM_ in $12 or $9 in file2 with the NM_ in $2 of file1. The lengths of $9 and $12 can be variable but what is consistent is the start pattern will always be NM_ and the end pattern is always ;... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to change contents of field based on condition in same file

In the awk below I am trying to copy the entire contents of $6 there may be multiple values seperated by a ;, to $8, if $8 is . (lines 1 and 3 are examples). If that condition $8 is not . (line2 is an example) then that line is skipped and printed as is. The awk does execute but prints the output... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
Locale::Currency(3perl) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   Locale::Currency(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Currency - standard codes for currency identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Currency; $curr = code2currency('usd'); # $curr gets 'US Dollar' $code = currency2code('Euro'); # $code gets 'eur' @codes = all_currency_codes(); @names = all_currency_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Currency" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying currencies and funds, such as those defined in ISO 4217. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 4217 three-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying currencies. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of three-letter (uppercase) codes from ISO 4217 such as EUR for Euro. Two of the codes specified by the standard (XTS which is reserved for testing purposes and XXX which is for transactions where no currency is involved) are omitted. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. num This is the set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 4217. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_CURR_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) currency2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) currency_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_currency_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_currency_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.iso.org/iso/support/currency_codes_list-1.htm The ISO 4217 data. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001 Michael Hennecke Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Currency(3perl)