Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Append date to sql*plus spool (log) file in shell script Post 302994970 by kraljic on Thursday 30th of March 2017 07:15:30 AM
Old 03-30-2017
Hi Rudic,
Already tried the following (no single quotes). In this case, logfile is not generated at all !

Code:
 spool /home/appusr/scripts/$dateString_batchtest3.log

Tried double quotes too ( "$dateString"_batchtest3.log )

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to Append date to generated .txt file

Hi, Can anyone plz share their experience with - Building shell script to append the file with date in following format- Filename_MMDDYYYY.txt Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince_of_focus
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to append a time for the existing error log file

Hi Guys, the requirement is like this, i am having a error log file in this format, 4594.493: parallel nursery GC 2594592K->2544691K (2969600K), 30.848 ms 4605.958: parallel nursery GC 2634887K->2584986K (2969600K), 38.900 ms 4619.079: parallel nursery GC 2822555K->2774812K... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsprasanna
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PL SQL Runtimes different in Shell script log

Hi, This run times recorded in UX shell script appears peculiar to me. The PL / SQL stored procedure is called through sqlplus from UNIX shell script and then a log is created with run times recorded. The first set has actually taken 6 Hrs but the recorded time indicates it is only 2 Hrs and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nanu_Manju
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to read a line in gps receiver log file and append that line to new file

Hi, I have gps receiver log..its giving readings .like below Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to localhost. Escape character is '^]'. GPSD,R=1 $GPGSV,3,1,11,08,16,328,40,11,36,127,00,28,33,283,39,20,11,165,00*71... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gudivada213
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convertion of Date Format using SQL query in a shell script

When I write Select date_field from TableA fetch first row only I am getting the output as 09/25/2009. I want to get the output in the below format 2009-09-25 i.e., MM-DD-YYYY. Please help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinesh1985
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing filename dynamically in SPOOL of SQL*PLUS in shell script

Hi all, I am executing shell script in which I am using SQLLDR In this SQLLDR I am passing text file having PL/SQL script. This script will produce some formated output, this output I have to spool in another text file. Currently I have given this in script file as following Spool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekharjchandra
2 Replies

7. Programming

create a spool file based on values passed from korn shell to sql script

this is my issue. 4 parameters are passed from korn shell to sql script. parameter_1= varchar2 datatype or no value entered my user. parameter_2= number datatype or no value entered my user. parameter_3= number datatype or no value entered my user. parameter_4= number datatype or no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete log files content older than 30 days and append the lastest date log file date

To delete log files content older than 30 days and append the lastest date log file date in the respective logs I want to write a shell script that deletes all log files content older than 30 days and append the lastest log file date in the respective logs This is my script cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreekumarhari
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spool - Append and Calculation

I am running a cron job, every 6 hours a day (6 AM, 12 PM, 6 PM, and 12 AM), #!/usr/bin/ksh ...... $SQLPLUS / as sysdba <<! @/home/oracle/scripts/daily.sql ! cat /home/oracle/scripts/dbsizedaily.lst | mail -s "$TODAY: PROD DB Size" $RECIPIENTS "@/home/oracle/scripts/daily.sql" has ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script | Parse log file after a given date and time stamp

I am developing one script which will take log file name, output file name, date, hour and minute as an argument and based on these inputs, the script will scan and capture all the error(s) that have been triggered from a given time. Example: script should capture all the error after 13:50 on Jan... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROMA3
2 Replies
LOGSAVE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							LOGSAVE(8)

NAME
logsave - save the output of a command in a logfile SYNOPSIS
logsave [ -asv ] logfile cmd_prog [ ... ] DESCRIPTION
The logsave program will execute cmd_prog with the specified argument(s), and save a copy of its output to logfile. If the containing directory for logfile does not exist, logsave will accumulate the output in memory until it can be written out. A copy of the output will also be written to standard output. If cmd_prog is a single hyphen ('-'), then instead of executing a program, logsave will take its input from standard input and save it in logfile logsave is useful for saving the output of initial boot scripts until the /var partition is mounted, so the output can be written to /var/log. OPTIONS
-a This option will cause the output to be appended to logfile, instead of replacing its current contents. -s This option will cause logsave to skip writing to the log file text which is bracketed with a control-A (ASCII 001 or Start of Header) and control-B (ASCII 002 or Start of Text). This allows progress bar information to be visible to the user on the console, while not being written to the log file. -v This option will make logsave to be more verbose in its output to the user. AUTHOR
Theodore Ts'o (tytso@mit.edu) SEE ALSO
fsck(8) E2fsprogs version 1.44.1 March 2018 LOGSAVE(8)