Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Text File with Binary Values processing Post 302994834 by Zam_1234 on Tuesday 28th of March 2017 02:13:53 PM
Old 03-28-2017
Is there any way to count from the LSB (Which is start from the right hand side of the binaries in this case)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Modifying binary file by editing Hex values ?

Hi , i'm using special binary file (lotus notes) and modifying an hexadecimal address range with windows hex editor and it works fine ! The file is an AIX one and i'm forced to transfert (ftp) it before modifying it and re-transfert ! NOW i would do this directly under AIX ! I can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Processing a text file

A file contains one name per line, such as: john doe jack bruce nancy smith sam riley When I 'cat' the file, the white space is treated as a new line. For example list=`(cat /path/to/file.txt)` for items in $list do echo $items done I get: john doe (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TheCrunge
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Binary data to text file conversion

Dear Sir; i want to know how the binary data convert to text file or readablw format (ASCII).If possible pl. help me for the software and where it is available for download. i.e. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: auro123
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert binary Unix file to text

Hi all, I have a print control file (dflt) for Oracle which is in binary. As I am going to develope an application in Window environment, I would like to reference the dflt file. But it is in binary format and I cannot access it. Anyone can suggest me how to convert the file into text or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: user12345
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

text file processing

Hello! There is a text file, that contains hierarchy of menues, like: Aaaaa->Bbbbb Aaaaa->Cccc Aaaaa-> {spaces} Ddddd (it means that the full path is Aaaaa->Cccc->Ddddd ) Aaaaa-> {more spaces} Eeeee (it means that the full path is Aaaaa->Cccc->Ddddd->Eeeee ) Fffffff->Ggggg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alias47
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Converting Binary decimal coded values to Ascii Values

Hi All, Is there any command which can convert binary decimal coded values to ascii values... i have bcd values like below оооооооооооо0о-- -v - Pls suggest a way to convert this. Thanks, Deepti.Gaur (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
3 Replies

7. Programming

Reading a binary file in text or ASCII format

Hi All, Please suggest me how to read a binary file in text or ASCII format. thanks Nagendra (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagendra
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text processing of file

I have a text file which is a dataset. and I need to convert it into a CSV format The file is as follows : First line : -1 3:1 11:1 14:1 19:1 39:1 42:1 55:1 64:1 67:1 73:1 75:1 76:1 80:1 83:1 Second line " +1 5:1 11:1 15:1 32:1 39:1 40:1 52:1 63:1 67:1 73:1 74:1 76:1 78:1 83:1 There are a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
6 Replies

9. Programming

awk processing / Shell Script Processing to remove columns text file

Hello, I extracted a list of files in a directory with the command ls . However this is not my computer, so the ls functionality has been revamped so that it gives the filesizes in front like this : This is the output of ls command : I stored the output in a file filelist 1.1M... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read record from the text file contain multiple separated values & assign those values to variables

I have a file containing multiple values, some of them are pipe separated which are to be read as separate values and some of them are single value all are these need to store in variables. I need to read this file which is an input to my script Config.txt file name, first path, second... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
7 Replies
SYSTEMD-SYSV-GENERATOR(8)				      systemd-sysv-generator					 SYSTEMD-SYSV-GENERATOR(8)

NAME
systemd-sysv-generator - Unit generator for SysV init scripts SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-sysv-generator DESCRIPTION
systemd-sysv-generator is a generator that creates wrapper .service units for SysV init[1] scripts in /etc/init.d/* at boot and when configuration of the system manager is reloaded. This will allow systemd(1) to support them similarly to native units. LSB headers[2] in SysV init scripts are interpreted, and the ordering specified in the header is turned into dependencies between the generated unit and other units. The LSB facilities "$remote_fs", "$network", "$named", "$portmap", "$time" are supported and will be turned into dependencies on specific native systemd targets. See systemd.special(5) for more details. SysV runlevels have corresponding systemd targets (runlevelX.target). The wrapper unit that is generated will be wanted by those targets which correspond to runlevels for which the script is enabled. systemd does not support SysV scripts as part of early boot, so all wrapper units are ordered after basic.target. systemd-sysv-generator implements systemd.generator(7). SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd.service(5), systemd.target(5) NOTES
1. SysV init https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/sysvinit 2. LSB headers http://refspecs.linuxbase.org/LSB_3.1.1/LSB-Core-generic/LSB-Core-generic/iniscrptact.html systemd 237 SYSTEMD-SYSV-GENERATOR(8)