Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Restrict user for certain number of connection Post 302994589 by MadeInGermany on Friday 24th of March 2017 04:03:20 PM
Old 03-24-2017
Seems to be possible with Apache module mod_qos.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to restrict the number of commands user can execute

Hi all, Is there a way to prevent users from being able to execute commands less a select few? For instance, I wish to allow the user to be only able to execute 1 command, which is exec a.sh. He should not be able to do simple stuff such as ls, cd, rm, cat, etc. Can this be achieved? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
1 Replies

2. Solaris

restrict a user to certain command

Hi all, I am using Sun OS 5.10. I am new to Unix. Is there some way to restrict a specific user to certain command say "/usr/bin/more" ?? for example: I want that user1 can execute more command & user2 can't. Can we somehow edit .profile file in the home directory of user to achieve... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikas027
1 Replies

3. AIX

New user and restrict path

Hello I have a question in Aix 5.3 can I create a user, that only can see a specify path. I mean the user log in the default path its /home/newuser he type cd the path that need to check /example/directory_check but if he wants to go to / or any other path. we can not do this. I only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restrict command for an user ?

Hi everyone ! I got "viewer" and "root" user on a *nix computer. When i log in using "viewer" I only can use "df" command. When I try another command like "ls" it say : -bash: ls: command not found I checked permission of "/bin/ls" file, it has excute permission for everyone. Inside home... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: camus
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Restrict user to a particular directory

Hi I have a Fedora10 server and i need a particular user to view files only in a particular folder. All other files in other folders having "read" permission for all shouldn't be accessible to this user. Please let me know if ther's a way. Thanks, HG (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
5 Replies

6. High Performance Computing

PBS - restrict total number of processors per user

Hello everyone! I am a bit inexperienced with administering queueing programs. I installed Torque (a PBS derivative) on a Linux cluster and it is running well. There is one annoying problem though: users can run massively parallel jobs and serial jobs too. Almost all users do a mix of the two. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnuplot
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Restrict user access

Hi there I have an application user on my system that wants accesses to these file systems as such: rwx: /SAPO /SAPS12 /R3_888 /R3_888B /R3_888F /R3_888R r: /usr/sap these are the existing FS permissions:ownerships: # ls -ld /SAPO (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
9 Replies

8. AIX

How to restrict user to a particular directory?

hi, I want to restrict some user access to only 1 directory (including all sub-directories/files in it). can you please explain me, how can we do this? example; Filesystem GB blocks Used Free %Used Mounted on /dev/hd4 2.61 1.02 1.59 40% / /dev/hd2 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron8667
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restrict remote DB connection from PERL

I have PERL code to connect to Oracle database using DBI. e.g. $PERL -e "use DBI; DBI->connect(qw(DBI:Oracle:db111 testu testpass));" by using DBI , if remote DB added to tnsnames.ora , I can connect using DBI . is there a way to restrict not to connect to remote DB using DBI ? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talashil
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

Restrict ssh for particular user

Dear Concern, We want to restrict ssh for particular user "oracle". Our HP UX version is as below. Please advise. # uname -a HP-UX tabsdb02 B.11.31 U ia64 2963363594 unlimited-user license (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
2 Replies
dbus-monitor(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   dbus-monitor(1)

NAME
dbus-monitor - debug probe to print message bus messages SYNOPSIS
dbus-monitor [--system | --session] [--profile | --monitor] [watch expressions] DESCRIPTION
The dbus-monitor command is used to monitor messages going through a D-Bus message bus. See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ for more information about the big picture. There are two well-known message buses: the systemwide message bus (installed on many systems as the "messagebus" service) and the per- user-login-session message bus (started each time a user logs in). The --system and --session options direct dbus-monitor to monitor the system or session buses respectively. If neither is specified, dbus-monitor monitors the session bus. dbus-monitor has two different output modes, the 'classic'-style monitoring mode and profiling mode. The profiling format is a compact for- mat with a single line per message and microsecond-resolution timing information. The --profile and --monitor options select the profiling and monitoring output format respectively. If neither is specified, dbus-monitor uses the monitoring output format. In order to get dbus-monitor to see the messages you are interested in, you should specify a set of watch expressions as you would expect to be passed to the dbus_bus_add_watch function. The message bus configuration may keep dbus-monitor from seeing all messages, especially if you run the monitor as a non-root user. OPTIONS
--system Monitor the system message bus. --session Monitor the session message bus. (This is the default.) --profile Use the profiling output format. --monitor Use the monitoring output format. (This is the default.) EXAMPLE
Here is an example of using dbus-monitor to watch for the gnome typing monitor to say things dbus-monitor "type='signal',sender='org.gnome.TypingMonitor',interface='org.gnome.TypingMonitor'" AUTHOR
dbus-monitor was written by Philip Blundell. The profiling output mode was added by Olli Salli. BUGS
Please send bug reports to the D-Bus mailing list or bug tracker, see http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ dbus-monitor(1)