Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Context for use of [.symbol.] awk notation Post 302994557 by Corona688 on Friday 24th of March 2017 11:35:55 AM
Old 03-24-2017
In what context would awk use collation, though? > < for strings, or does it have other meaning?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

keep context in awk

here is a data file. ------------------------------------- KSH, CSH, BASH, PERL, PHP, SED, AWK KSH, CSH, BASH, PERL, PHP, BASH, PERL, PHP, SED, AWK CSH, BASH, PERL, PHP, SED, KSH, CSH, BASH, PERL, PHP, SED, AWK ------------------------------------- My desired output is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VTAWKVT
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk symbol for last column

Hi , I have a bunch of files with different # of columns but I want to write a single awk script. What is the awk symbol for last column? say '{print $lastcol}' or something (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Turning off exponential notation in awk

I have various numbers that I'm printing out from a statistical summary script. I'd like it to stop using exponential format. Of course, I can use printf with 'd' and 'f' and various parameters to specify a format, but then it has other undesirable effects, like tacking on extra 0's or truncating... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
0 Replies

4. Solaris

/usr/lib/passwdutil.so.1: symbol __nsl_fgetspent_r: referenced symbol not found

deleteing post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert decimal notation to ANSI point code notation

wondering if anyone has any thoughts to convert the below thru a shell script Convert decimal signalling point notation to ANSI point code notation There is a site that does that conversion but i need to implement the solution in a shell script.....Thoughts.... OS: Solaris 9 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aavam
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get rid of awk notation

echo 0.633588 1875 | awk '{print $1 * $2 * 1024}' is there a better way to run the above command? it keeps printing out in notation and i do not want that at all. when i run the above, i get: 1.21649e+06 OS: linux language:bash (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: scientific notation to decimal notation

hello folks, I have few values in a log which are in scientific notation. I am trying to convert into actual decimal format or integer but couldn't able to convert. Values in scientific notation: 1.1662986666666665E-4 2.0946799999999998E-4 3.0741333333333333E-6 5.599999999999999E-7... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] awk Errors on notation

can someone spot what i'm doing wrong here: awk 'BEGIN{printf("%0.2f", 1 / 2649320) * 100}' i get this error: awk: line 1: syntax error at or near * then i do this and get the answer i'm trying to avoid: awk 'BEGIN{print(1 / 2649320) * 100}' 3.77455e-05 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with filter result (scientific notation) by using awk

Input file: data1 0.05 data2 1e-14 data1 1e-330 data2 1e-14 data5 2e-60 data5 2e-150 data1 4e-9 Desired output: data2 1e-14 data1 1e-330 data2 1e-14 data5 2e-60 data5 2e-150 I would like to filter out those result that column 2 is less than 1e-10. Command try: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Questions related to if in awk context and if without awk context

I wrote this code, questions follow #! /bin/bash -f # Purpose - to show how if syntax is used within an awk clear; ls -l; echo "This will print out the first two columns of the inputted file in this directory"; echo "Enter filename found in this directory"; read input; ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seth
11 Replies
NM(1)							      General Commands Manual							     NM(1)

NAME
nm - name list (symbol table) SYNOPSIS
nm [ -aghnsu ] file ... DESCRIPTION
Nm prints the name list of each executable or object file in the argument list. If the file is an archive (see ar(1)), the name list of each file in the archive is printed. If more than one file is given in the argument list, the name of each file is printed at the begin- ning of each line. Each symbol name is preceded by its hexadecimal value (blanks if undefined) and one of the letters T text segment symbol t static text segment symbol L leaf function text segment symbol l static leaf function text segment symbol D data segment symbol d static data segment symbol B bss segment symbol b static bss segment symbol a automatic (local) variable symbol p function parameter symbol z source file name Z source file line offset f source file name components The output is sorted alphabetically. Options are: -a Print all symbols; normally only user-defined text, data, and bss segment symbols are printed. -g Print only global (T, L, D, B) symbols. -h Do not print file name headers with output lines. -n Sort according to the address of the symbols. -s Don't sort; print in symbol-table order. -u Print only undefined symbols. SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/nm.c SEE ALSO
ar(1), 2l(1), db(1), acid(1), a.out(6) NM(1)