Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting In the script I get additional file, which I don't expect do get Post 302993873 by digioleg54 on Wednesday 15th of March 2017 06:20:56 PM
Old 03-15-2017
OK, dear all, I already found the problem and solved it. See you next time

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run expect script in systems that don't support it out of box

Noob question .. My Java based application needs to change some user passwords based on some user actions. Since this application can run on Redhat AS2.1 / AS4.0 / Solaris 9 etc, the most safe and portable solution that I could think of was: Use expect. Now, expect is not available on all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namityadav
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

input from a file into an expect script ?

Hi, I have an expect script that logs into a host (via ssh) requests the hostid then exits... I am happy with that. However how can I run the same script in a kind of 'while read line' and enter lots of hosts? My knowledge is still very limited (as you will soon see) so any other ideas would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: starsky
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange expect script behavior, or am i misunderstanding expect scripting?

Hello to all...this is my first post (so please go easy). :) I feel pretty solid at expect scripting, but I'm running into an issue that I'm not able to wrap my head around. I wrote a script that is a little advanced for logging into a remote Linux machine and changing text in a file using sed.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: v1k0d3n
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Expect Script - While file exist

Hi: Can anyone help me with the while loop in expect script. Following is my scenario: 1. one of my process is running and looking for a file 2. as soon as the file is dropped the proces then processes the file and creates a control file ".ctl" to indicate end of process for that file ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: skal5
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with Expect script for Cisco IPS Sensors, Expect sleep and quoting

This Expect script provides expect with a list of IP addresses to Cisco IPS sensors and commands to configure Cisco IPS sensors. The user, password, IP addresses, prompt regex, etc. have been anonymized. In general this script will log into the sensors and send commands successfully but there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genewolfe
1 Replies

6. Programming

Calling expect script inside another expect

Hi, Am very new to expect scripting.. Can You please suggest me how to call an expect script inside another expect script.. I tried with spawn /usr/bin/ksh send "expect main.exp\r" expect $root_prompt and spawn /usr/bin/ksh send "main.exp\r" expect $root_prompt Both... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
1 Replies

7. Programming

Calling another expect script inside an expect script

I have an expect script called remote that I want to call from inside my expect script called sudoers.push, here is the code that is causing me issues: set REMOTE "/root/scripts/remote" ... log_user 1 send_user "Executing remote script as $user...\n" send_user "Command to execute is: $REMOTE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brettski
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX -/usr/bin/expect shows output Don't know why.

Hi, I have been programming with the expect program for a while now and have create a series of menu driven checks for the operations team. One thing I have noticed is that I call a remote script and pass parameters and this is display on the screen....for example. Within the script ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakky
0 Replies

9. Programming

Expect script returning string following a found expect.

I'm fairly new to scripting so this might not be possible. I am using Expect with Cisco switches and need to capture the string after finding the expect request. For example, when I issue "show version" on a Nexus switch, I'm looking to capture the current firmware version: #show version ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: IBGaryA
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Script creates additional file

Hi, I have created a test script like this : # cat script1.sh DAY=$(date +%d) MONTH=$(date +%b) YEAR=$(date +%Y) BC01="Blast_BC01" BC15="Blast_BC15" DIR1="$MONTH$YEAR_$BC01" DIR2="$MONTH$YEAR_$BC07" DIR3="$MONTH$YEAR_$BC15" if ;then mkdir -p "$YEAR/$DIR3" fi # When I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
5 Replies
escape(1)							Mail Avenger 0.8.3							 escape(1)

NAME
escape - escape shell special characters in a string SYNOPSIS
escape string DESCRIPTION
escape prepends a "" character to all shell special characters in string, making it safe to compose a shell command with the result. EXAMPLES
The following is a contrived example showing how one can unintentionally end up executing the contents of a string: $ var='; echo gotcha!' $ eval echo hi $var hi gotcha! $ Using escape, one can avoid executing the contents of $var: $ eval echo hi `escape "$var"` hi ; echo gotcha! $ A less contrived example is passing arguments to Mail Avenger bodytest commands containing possibly unsafe environment variables. For example, you might write a hypothetical reject_bcc script to reject mail not explicitly addressed to the recipient: #!/bin/sh formail -x to -x cc -x resent-to -x resent-cc | fgrep "$1" > /dev/null && exit 0 echo "<$1>.. address does not accept blind carbon copies" exit 100 To invoke this script, passing it the recipient address as an argument, you would need to put the following in your Mail Avenger rcpt script: bodytest reject_bcc `escape "$RECIPIENT"` SEE ALSO
avenger(1), The Mail Avenger home page: <http://www.mailavenger.org/>. BUGS
escape is designed for the Bourne shell, which is what Mail Avenger scripts use. escape might or might not work with other shells. AUTHOR
David Mazieres Mail Avenger 0.8.3 2012-04-05 escape(1)