Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity What are these events (from Proxy access logs)? Post 302993820 by bashomatic on Tuesday 14th of March 2017 05:11:24 PM
Old 03-14-2017
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm thinking that those URLs do not contain the IP addresses of hosts accessing your proxy, but rather they are outbound POST requests FROM your 'clients' TO remote destinations.

This portion of the 2nd type URL you provided is typical of a 'folder' with a randomly generated name.
Code:
/IVmYwvJKhJFesFjK/

Folders like that are often used for legit purposes but those URLs also resemble a Slow Lorris attack. In that sort of scenario, the path and resource are arbitrary and likely don't exist. The objective is to flood the server with a bunch of requests that won't time-out, because the very end of the request header is crafted so it is purposely missing the full 0d 0a 0d 0a that the server expects.

Not really enough evidence to determine from your post.

EDIT: My first post on this forum and unfortunately, I NECROed. Sorry all..... Smilie

Last edited by bashomatic; 03-14-2017 at 06:14 PM.. Reason: Apologized for thread necro.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

proxy logs

Hi, I'm a newbie, and I wanted to know where I go to check proxy logs on an hp? Any help is nice. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jeremy Johnson
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

view access logs telenet

Hello one of my sites i host is doing somewhat well in the search engines, and i would like to watch the raw log files while looged in with telenet is there a way to do this. thanx Mike (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whothought1
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Software/tool to route an IP packet to proxy server and capture the Proxy reply as an

Hi, I am involved in a project on Debian. One of my requirement is to route an IP packet in my application to a proxy server and receive the reply from the proxy server as an IP packet. My application handles data at the IP frame level. My application creates an IP packet(with all the necessary... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_BK
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to access http site using wget through proxy

Hi there I am currently trying to access an http site using the wget utility from a solaris box. I am going through proxies to do this and we have two types of proxies. For the first one, which is a netcache proxy, I am able to use the wget command to export the proxy information export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: memonks
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logs access in windows fetching the data from a unix server

How I can get the logs that are getting stored in specific location in unix server through an Apache web server installed in unix server? Requirement is to access the logs through the URL in windows browser without any access. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvida
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to grep 500 error messages from access logs

Hello Team, I need help to improve my script which is used to grep 500 error messages in the logs. I am using following logic in the script to grep 500 error messages in the logs. var1=`awk '$9 == "500"' access_log | tail -1` The above logic is not useful if logs are not getting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

Connecting via proxy chain to Upstream proxy

I need to configure a proxy on my local machine to use an upstream proxy (installed on another machine). The upstream proxy requires Digest/NTLM authorization. I want the local proxy to deal with the upstream proxy's authorization details and provides authorization free access to users that connect... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Russel
0 Replies
Fields(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       Fields(3pm)

NAME
Sort::Fields - Sort lines containing delimited fields SYNOPSIS
use Sort::Fields; @sorted = fieldsort [3, '2n'], @lines; @sorted = fieldsort '+', [-1, -3, 0], @lines; $sort_3_2n = make_fieldsort [3, '2n'], @lines; @sorted = $sort_3_2n->(@lines); DESCRIPTION
Sort::Fields provides a general purpose technique for efficiently sorting lists of lines that contain data separated into fields. Sort::Fields automatically imports two subroutines, "fieldsort" and "make_fieldsort", and two variants, "stable_fieldsort" and "make_sta- ble_fieldsort". "make_fieldsort" generates a sorting subroutine and returns a reference to it. "fieldsort" is a wrapper for the "make_fieldsort" subroutine. The first argument to make_fieldsort is a delimiter string, which is used as a regular expression argument for a "split" operator. The delimiter string is optional. If it is not supplied, make_fieldsort splits each line using "/s+/". The second argument is an array reference containing one or more field specifiers. The specifiers indicate what fields in the strings will be used to sort the data. The specifier "1" indicates the first field, "2" indicates the second, and so on. A negative specifier like "-2" means to sort on the second field in reverse (descending) order. To indicate a numeric rather than alphabetic comparison, append "n" to the specifier. A specifier of "0" means the entire string ("-0" means the entire string, in reverse order). The order in which the specifiers appear is the order in which they will be used to sort the data. The primary key is first, the secondary key is second, and so on. "fieldsort [1, 2], @data" is roughly equivalent to "make_fieldsort([1, 2])->(@data)". Avoid calling fieldsort repeatedly with the same sort specifiers. If you need to use a particular sort more than once, it is more efficient to call "make_fieldsort" once and reuse the subroutine it returns. "stable_fieldsort" and "make_stable_fieldsort" are like their "unstable" counterparts, except that the items that compare the same are maintained in their original order. EXAMPLES
Some sample data (in array @data): 123 asd 1.22 asdd 32 ewq 2.32 asdd 43 rewq 2.12 ewet 51 erwt 34.2 ewet 23 erww 4.21 ewet 91 fdgs 3.43 ewet 123 refs 3.22 asdd 123 refs 4.32 asdd # alpha sort on column 1 print fieldsort [1], @data; 123 asd 1.22 asdd 123 refs 3.22 asdd 123 refs 4.32 asdd 23 erww 4.21 ewet 32 ewq 2.32 asdd 43 rewq 2.12 ewet 51 erwt 34.2 ewet 91 fdgs 3.43 ewet # numeric sort on column 1 print fieldsort ['1n'], @data; 23 erww 4.21 ewet 32 ewq 2.32 asdd 43 rewq 2.12 ewet 51 erwt 34.2 ewet 91 fdgs 3.43 ewet 123 asd 1.22 asdd 123 refs 3.22 asdd 123 refs 4.32 asdd # reverse numeric sort on column 1 print fieldsort ['-1n'], @data; 123 asd 1.22 asdd 123 refs 3.22 asdd 123 refs 4.32 asdd 91 fdgs 3.43 ewet 51 erwt 34.2 ewet 43 rewq 2.12 ewet 32 ewq 2.32 asdd 23 erww 4.21 ewet # alpha sort on column 2, then alpha on entire line print fieldsort [2, 0], @data; 123 asd 1.22 asdd 51 erwt 34.2 ewet 23 erww 4.21 ewet 32 ewq 2.32 asdd 91 fdgs 3.43 ewet 123 refs 3.22 asdd 123 refs 4.32 asdd 43 rewq 2.12 ewet # alpha sort on column 4, then numeric on column 1, then reverse # numeric on column 3 print fieldsort [4, '1n', '-3n'], @data; 32 ewq 2.32 asdd 123 refs 4.32 asdd 123 refs 3.22 asdd 123 asd 1.22 asdd 23 erww 4.21 ewet 43 rewq 2.12 ewet 51 erwt 34.2 ewet 91 fdgs 3.43 ewet # now, splitting on either literal period or whitespace # sort numeric on column 4 (fractional part of decimals) then # numeric on column 3 (whole part of decimals) print fieldsort '(?:.|s+)', ['4n', '3n'], @data; 51 erwt 34.2 ewet 43 rewq 2.12 ewet 23 erww 4.21 ewet 123 asd 1.22 asdd 123 refs 3.22 asdd 32 ewq 2.32 asdd 123 refs 4.32 asdd 91 fdgs 3.43 ewet # alpha sort on column 4, then numeric on the entire line # NOTE: produces warnings under -w print fieldsort [4, '0n'], @data; 32 ewq 2.32 asdd 123 asd 1.22 asdd 123 refs 3.22 asdd 123 refs 4.32 asdd 23 erww 4.21 ewet 43 rewq 2.12 ewet 51 erwt 34.2 ewet 91 fdgs 3.43 ewet # stable alpha sort on column 4 (maintains original relative order # among items that compare the same) print stable_fieldsort [4], @data; 123 asd 1.22 asdd 32 ewq 2.32 asdd 123 refs 3.22 asdd 123 refs 4.32 asdd 43 rewq 2.12 ewet 51 erwt 34.2 ewet 23 erww 4.21 ewet 91 fdgs 3.43 ewet BUGS
Some rudimentary tests now. Perhaps something should be done to catch things like: fieldsort '.', [1, 2], @lines; '.' translates to "split /./" -- probably not what you want. Passing blank lines and/or lines containing the wrong kind of data (alphas instead of numbers) can result in copious warning messages under "-w". If the regexp contains memory parentheses ("(...)" rather than "(?:...)"), split will function in "delimiter retention" mode, capturing the contents of the parentheses as well as the stuff between the delimiters. I could imagine how this could be useful, but on the other hand I could also imagine how it could be confusing if encountered unexpectedly. Caveat sortor. Not really a bug, but if you are planning to sort a large text file, consider using sort(1). Unless, of course, your operating system doesn't have sort(1). AUTHOR
Joseph N. Hall, joseph@5sigma.com SEE ALSO
perl(1). perl v5.8.8 2008-03-25 Fields(3pm)