Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Xml to csv
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Xml to csv Post 302993812 by RudiC on Tuesday 14th of March 2017 03:47:52 PM
Old 03-14-2017
That's because your file has two j151 entries in each record, and, as said, each drags along a <newline> char.
Looks like you want to suppress the second entry? Still unclear.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to convert XML to CSV

Apologies if this has already been covered in this site somewhere, I did try looking but without any success. I am new to the whole XML thing, very late starter, and have a requirement to convert an XML fiule to a CSV fomat. I am crrently working on a Solaris OS. Does anyone have any suggestions,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rossingi_33
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV to XML

Iam pretty new to UNIX and would like to convert a CSV to an XML file using AWK scripts. Can anybody suggest a solution? My CSV file looks something like this : Serial No Growth% Annual % Commission % Unemployed % 1 35% 29% 59% 42% 2 61% ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjanakir
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV processing to XML

Hi, i am really fresh with shell scripting and programming, i have an issue i am not able to solve to populate data on my server for Cisco IP phones. I have CSV file within the following format: ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel2008
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML to csv transformation

Hi, I want to write a perl script. Which should accept the xml file, one xsl file and the loaction. The perl script should process the xml file using the xsl file and puts the out put in specified location. For example: My.perl is perls cript. my.xml is like this <?xml version="1.0"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML to CSV specific

Hi , Please any one to help on ,extract this xml code into csv columns list. <SOURCEFIELD BUSINESSNAME ="" DATATYPE ="date" DESCRIPTION ="" FIELDNUMBER ="1" FIELDPROPERTY ="0" FIELDTYPE ="ELEMITEM" HIDDEN ="NO" KEYTYPE ="NOT A KEY" LENGTH ="19" LEVEL ="0" NAME ="BUSINESS_DATE"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert xml to csv

I need to convert below xml code to csv. I searched other posts as well but this post (_https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/174417-extract-parse-xml-data-statistic-value-csv.html) gives "sed command garbled" error. As of now I have written a long script to do it, but can it be done with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshydv
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert xml to csv ?

I am in need of converting billions of XML into csv file to load data to DB, i have found the below code in perl but not sure why it's not working properly. CODE: #!/usr/bin/perl # Script to illustrate how to parse a simple XML file # and pick out all the values for a specific element, in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rspwilliam
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML to CSV

I want to pharse below Xml Using Shell Scripting . Thanks in Advance <md> <neid> <neun>1523</neun> <nedn>XXX1212</nedn> <nesw>fffff12515</nesw> </neid> <mi> <mts>20141128001500</mts> <gp>550</gp> <mt>pmct1</mt> <mt>pmNo2</mt> <mt>pmNo3S</mt> <mv> <moid>Ma=1,Rn=1,Ul=311C</moid>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Xml to csv (again)

Hello, I have copied .xml code for a single item below. I am trying to extract three items (field indices*b244 (second occurrence), b203, and j151), so the desired output would be: 9780323013543 Manual of Natural Veterinary Medicine: Science and Tradition, 1e 68.95 A parallel solution,... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting XML to CSV

Hello, For i while i have been using XMLStarlet to convert several XML files to CSV files. So far this always went fine. Today however i got a new XML format however but i cannot find out how to get the data i need. Below is part of the code where it shows the different format. What... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SDohmen
10 Replies
INSTALL-INFO(1) 						   User Commands						   INSTALL-INFO(1)

NAME
install-info - update info/dir entries SYNOPSIS
install-info [OPTION]... [INFO-FILE [DIR-FILE]] DESCRIPTION
Add or remove entries in INFO-FILE from the Info directory DIR-FILE. OPTIONS
--debug report what is being done. --delete delete existing entries for INFO-FILE from DIR-FILE; don't insert any new entries. --description=TEXT the description of the entry is TEXT; used with the --name option to become synonymous with the --entry option. --dir-file=NAME specify file name of Info directory file; equivalent to using the DIR-FILE argument. --dry-run same as --test. --entry=TEXT insert TEXT as an Info directory entry. TEXT is written as an Info menu item line followed by zero or more extra lines starting with whitespace. If you specify more than one entry, all are added. If you don't specify any entries, they are determined from information in the Info file itself. When removing, TEXT specifies the entry to remove. TEXT is only removed as a last resort, if the entry as determined from the Info file is not present, and the basename of the Info file isn't found either. --help display this help and exit. --info-dir=DIR same as --dir-file=DIR/dir. --info-file=FILE specify Info file to install in the directory; equivalent to using the INFO-FILE argument. --item=TEXT same as --entry=TEXT. --keep-old do not replace entries, or remove empty sections. --menuentry=TEXT same as --name=TEXT. --name=TEXT the name of the entry is TEXT; used with --description to become synonymous with the --entry option. --no-indent do not format new entries in the DIR file. --quiet suppress warnings. --regex=R put this file's entries in all sections that match the regular expression R (ignoring case). --remove same as --delete. --remove-exactly only remove if the info file name matches exactly; suffixes such as .info and .gz are not ignored. --section=SEC put entries in section SEC of the directory. If you specify more than one section, all the entries are added in each of the sections. If you don't specify any sections, they are determined from information in the Info file itself. --section R SEC equivalent to --regex=R --section=SEC --add-once. --silent suppress warnings. --test suppress updating of DIR-FILE. --version display version information and exit. REPORTING BUGS
Email bug reports to bug-texinfo@gnu.org, general questions and discussion to help-texinfo@gnu.org. Texinfo home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for install-info is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and install-info programs are properly installed at your site, the command info install-info should give you access to the complete manual. install-info 4.13 July 2010 INSTALL-INFO(1)