Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mail service
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Mail service Post 302993804 by anil529 on Tuesday 14th of March 2017 02:30:01 PM
Old 03-14-2017
Mail service

I am using rhel OS 7 , how to enable sendmail option , i have looked all places

/bin/mail is this place to start with ?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

My Mail Service

Hello! Id like to configure my mail command, please, can anyone help me? thank you all (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jariya
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail service

How to restart mail service ?? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moreg
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Need help with mail service on Sol 10

Hello All: I am trying to configure mail service on Solaris 10 and I am unable to send using mailx. It appears the server may not be listening on port 25: bash-3.00# mconnect connecting to host localhost (127.0.0.1), port 25 connect: Connection refused services is configured to use port... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoo5091
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic script for monitor send mail service

Hi All Need help Can any one share a basic script that is used for monitor sendmail service whether online, offline.etc in solaris Thanks in advance Zimmy (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zimmyyash
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to monitor BI service and trigger a mail

Hello friends, I am new to shell scripting.I am assigned a task in Unix to prepare a script which will check if OBI 10g services are running or not and to send email if the services are down.Any help will be appreciated. I tried searching for it in the blog and came across the following code ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeep467
1 Replies
mailstats(1)							   User Commands						      mailstats(1)

NAME
mailstats - print statistics collected by sendmail SYNOPSIS
mailstats [-o] [-c ] [-C configfile] [-f statisticsfile] [-p] [-P] DESCRIPTION
The mailstats utility prints out the statistics collected by the sendmail(1M) program on mailer usage. These statistics are collected if the file indicated by the StatusFile configuration option of sendmail (defined in /etc/mail/sendmail.cf) exists. The default statistics file is /etc/mail/statistics. To enable mailstats, you must, as root, touch /etc/mail/statistics. See the StatusFile processing option in sendmail(1M). mailstats first prints the time that the statistics file was created and the last time it was modified. Then, the statistics for each mailer are displayed on a single line, each with the following whitespace-separated fields: M The mailer number. msgsfr Number of messages from the mailer. bytes_from Kbytes from the mailer. msgsto Number of messages to the mailer. bytes_to Kbytes to the mailer. msgsrej Number of messages rejected by the mailer. msgsdis Number of messages discarded by the mailer. msgsqur Number of messages quarantined by the mailer. Mailer The name of the mailer. The display of statistics described above is followed by a separation line containing only equal sign (=) characters. After the separation line, a line preceded with a "T" and totaling the values for all of the mailers is displayed. This is followed by another line preceded with a "C" that lists the number of TCP connections. To reinitialize the statistics file once a night, add an entry to root's crontab(1): mailstats -p > /dev/null OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c Try to use submit.cf instead of the default sendmail configuration file. -C configfile Specify a sendmail configuration file. -f statisticsfile Specify a sendmail statistics file. -o Do not display the name of the mailer in the output. -p Output information in program-readable mode and clear statistics. -P Output information in program-readable mode without clearing statistics. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of mailstats when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2^31 bytes). FILES
/dev/null Zero-lined file /etc/mail/statistics Default sendmail statistics file /etc/mail/sendmail.cf Default sendmail configuration file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Output Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
crontab(1), cron(1M), sendmail(1M), attributes(5), largefile(5) SunOS 5.11 24 Jun 2004 mailstats(1)