Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions How to run UNIX alias from plink? Post 302993761 by RudiC on Tuesday 14th of March 2017 06:50:06 AM
Old 03-14-2017
An alias is usually created and persists only in an interactive session, so it is lost between sessions. If you dont wan't to define it manually every time you log in, put it into one of the login scripts (e.g. .profile) on the target host to use it as you post above.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix question: user supplied input for 'alias'

I have a program to scan the log files and I want to pipe the output to 'less'. I want to create an alias such that following are equivalent scanlog chunky.lst = /udd/n2man/utils/scanlog chunky.lst|less where chunky is user supplied file which can change. Is this possible as an alias or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ospreyeagle
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plink connections to multiple unix servers

Hi, I have a simple windows batch file which connects to a UNIX server and runs a shell script in my home directory on the server. It works perfectly, using plink + ssh keys in the background. What I plan to do is expand this batch file to connect to multiple servers and execute one script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moxy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using alias in cygwin unix

i have a cygwin unix and i would like to use alias to save a cd command.. however i lose this alias when i close out cygwin and log back in.. is there any way to save this command so that i can use it every time i log in? i am using cygwin on windows xp. thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
1 Replies

4. AIX

echo in alias for Unix C-Shell Prompt

Hi, I want to set Unix prompt in C-Shell which required the break new line using alias. Ex. hostname : username : %> Now, it will be setup in .login file with alias alias cd 'cd \!* | set prompt="`hostname` : $USER : %>"' I'm unable to parse echo command or break which I can get %>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buzzusa
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo in alias for Unix C-Shell Prompt

Hi, I want to set Unix prompt in C-Shell which required the break new line using alias. Ex. hostname : username : %> Now, it will be setup in .login file with alias alias cd 'cd \!* | set prompt="`hostname` : $USER : %>"' I'm unable to parse echo command or break which I can get %>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzusa
3 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Where should I install an alias file under UNIX bash ?

I have a file named 'aliases' which contains a list of aliases like: alias loc='locate' alias h='history' alias .='pwd' alias ..='cd ..' alias cd..='cd .. ; pwd' .............................. Where should I put this file (alias) so when Terminal launches .bash and thus a shell at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shub22
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create alias files (not alias commands)

If one: $ find -name 'some expression' -type f > newfile and then subsequently wants to create an alias file from each pathname the find command retrieved and the > placed within 'newfile', how would one do this? Ideally, the newly created alias files would all be in one directory. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexander4444
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

look up Unix server alias name

Good morning everyone, does anyone know what Unix command to use to lookup a servers alias name, thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abbya
3 Replies

9. Solaris

How to set a global alias in UNIX Solaris?

Defined a user alias in unix. Not able to use that alias in a ksh scritp. I dont want to change/source in the script to set the value. Need to set the user alias as a gloabal alias to use it in a new ksh shell window. Can you please help on this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on Plink

Hi All, Iam a newbie to the plink and need your assistance. I have referred some posts but it doesn't helps me much. I have two steps to do. 1. I have a config file which has a list of servers,username and password. 2. I have a shell script in windows which accepts arguments and need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
0 Replies
x2goclient(1)							 X2Go Client (Qt4)						     x2goclient(1)

NAME
x2goclient - Client application to launch server-side X2Go sessions. SYNOPSIS
x2goclient <options> DESCRIPTION
x2goclient is a GUI application for launching server-side X2Go sessions. OPTIONS
x2goclient has the following options: --help-pack Show available pack methods and exit. --no-menu Hide menu-/toolbar (default: false). --maximize Start client maximized (default: false). --hide Hide client (start hidden, default: false). --client-ssh-port Local ssh port (for filesystem export, default: 22). --user Pre-selection of user at client startup (LDAP mode). PROFILING SESSIONS GLOBALLY
You can pre-profile sessions globally using the following options. They will override the options in the session profiles. --command Default command for session startup. --sessionid Pre-selection of session ID at client startup. --ssh-port Use this TCP/IP port for connection (default: 22). --link Set default link type (modem,isdn,adsl,wan or lan, default: adsl). --pack Set default pack method (default: '16m-jpeg'). --quality Set default image quality(0-9, default: 9). --set-kbd Overwrite current keyboard settings, no override by default. --kbd-layout Set keyboard layout (default: 'de'). --kbd-type Set keyboard type (default: pc105/de). --fullscreen Start session in fullscreen mode. --width Start session with this width (default: 800). --sound Activate sound for session, not enabled by default. --sound-system Which soundsystem to use: arts, esd, pulse (default: arts). THIN CLIENT OPTIONS
The following command line options are primarily interesting if x2goclient is used as a login manager on X2Go thin clients. --session=<session-profile-name> Pre-selection of session at client startup. --no-session-edit Disable session editing. --pgp-card Use openPGP Card authentication (default: false). --external-login=<smartcard-logins> Authenticate via SMART card, path to login notification file. --add-to-known-hosts Add DSA/RSA host key fingerprint to .ssh/known_hosts in case of "authenticity of server can't be established". --read-exports-from Specifies a directory where some external mechanism (e.g. script) can notify x2goclient on new block devices (CD/DVDs, USB sticks, etc.). LDAP OPTIONS
In case you want to provide x2goclient session profiles from LDAP use the following options: --ldap Start with LDAP support (disabled by default). --basedn Base DN to search in LDAP. --ldap-server LDAP Server hostname. --ldap-port LDAP Server portnumber (default: 389). --ldap-server1 Failover LDAP Server hostname. --ldap-port1 Failover LDAP Server portnumber (default: 389). --ldap-server2 Failover LDAP Server hostname. AUTHOR
This manual has been written by Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de> for the X2Go project (http://www.x2go.org). Version 3.99.1.x Feb 2012 x2goclient(1)