Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Cannot use 'date -t' to set the system date and time Post 302993728 by Don Cragun on Monday 13th of March 2017 05:03:19 PM
Old 03-13-2017
Try just using:
Code:
date mmddHHMM

(no option and no leading + sign) where mm is the month you want, dd is the day you want, HH is the hour (in two digit 24 hour format), and MM is the minute you want.

If you also need to change the year from the year that your system clock is currently displaying, add the year to the time you set using:
Code:
date mmddHHMMYYYY

where YYYY is the year you want.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Alternatives to set the system date ??

Hi all, I need to syncronize a Solaris client with a QNX Server, modifying the client date, I need any alternative to set the sistem date (client Solaris) but i can't use commands date -a XXX (XXX are the time in seconds) and can't use rdate and ntp. How can I do It? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulisses0205
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date comparison in file to system time

I have a CSV (comma separated vaule) file whose entries resemble Area,\\ntsvsp02\vmcs\download\files\Areas.dat,1,20090303,0,Import Complete,2009-03-02 04:23:00 Product,\\ntsvsp02\vmcs\download\files\items.dat,1,20090303,0,Import Complete,2009-03-02 04:23:00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zainravi
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set system date to some date (Sunos)

I am testing a script and need to change the system date to Nov 30 2009. I cannot seem to find a way to do this other than TZ command but it does not seem to work correctly. I tried TZ=GMT+168 date but it is returning todays date Mon Dec 7 19:48:11 GMT 2009 ...instead of Nov 30 2009 I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanton
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set date and time stamp of one file to another

Hi I use "touch -t xxxxxxxx" command to set date/time stamp of a file. My requirement is to read the date/time stamp of a file and apply it to another file. Is there anyway to do it simple instead of manually taking date/stamp of first file? TIA Prvn (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

append a filename with system date and time

Hi, There are similar kind of posts, but none seems like working for me. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I need append/rename file abc.txt with file processed date and time like abc_systemdatetimestamp.txt and move it to different folder. for example I have /source/data/abc.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amsn08
1 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Is there any way to set the files modified date and stamp to last modifies time?

Actually i did modification in a file on server by mistake, now its showing current time stamp, is there any way to set the files modified date and stamp to last modifies time. Please advice here.Thanks in advance.:b: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saluja.deepak
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to tar data along with current system date and time.?

Hi all, Following is my small script:- #!/bin/ksh for i in `cat /users/jack/mainfile-dr.txt` do sudo cp -r $i /users/jack/DR01/. done cd /users/jack/DR01/ sudo tar cvf system1-DR.tar * scp system1-DR.tar backupserver:/DRFiles/system1 sudo rm -rf system1-DR.tar In this script I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date: invalid date trying to set Linux date in specific format

i try to set linux date & time in specific format but it keep giving me error Example : date "+%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" or date +"%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" keep giving me this error : date: invalid date ‘19-01-2017 00:05:01' Please use CODE tags... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare date in .txt with system date and remove if it's lesser than system date

Can someone help me with the code wherein there is a file f1.txt with different column and 34 column have expiry date and I need to get that and compare with system date and if expiry date is <system date remove those rows and other rows should be moved to new file f2.txt . I don't want to delete... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stuti
2 Replies

10. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Compare date in .txt with system date and remove if it's lesser than system date

I m working on shell scripting and I m stuck where in my .txt file there is column as expiry date and I need to compare that date with system date and need to remove all the rows where expiry date is less than system date and create a new .txt with update. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stuti
1 Replies
fwtmp(1M)																 fwtmp(1M)

NAME
fwtmp, wtmpfix - manipulate connect accounting records SYNOPSIS
[files] DESCRIPTION
fwtmp reads from the standard input and writes to the standard output, converting binary records of the type found in to formatted ASCII records. The ASCII version is useful to enable editing, via ed(1), bad records or for general purpose maintenance of the file. The argument is used to denote that input is in ASCII form, and output is to be written in binary form. The arguments and are independent, respectively specifying ASCII input and binary output. Therefor, is an ASCII to ASCII copy and is a binary to binary copy. should be used for reading If is not used, structure is read. wtmpfix examines the standard input or named files in format, corrects the time/date stamps to make the entries consistent, and writes to the stan- dard output. A can be used in place of files to indicate the standard input. If time/date corrections are not performed, will fault when it encounters certain date-change records. Each time the date is set, a pair of date change records is written to The first record is the old date denoted by the string old time placed in the line field and the flag placed in the type field of the structure. The second record specifies the new date, and is denoted by the string placed in the line field and the flag placed in the type field. uses these records to synchronize all time stamps in the file. nullifies date change records when writing to the standard output by setting the time field of the structure in the old date change record equal to the time field in the new date change record. This prevents and from factoring in a date change record pair more than once. In addition to correcting time/date stamps, wtmpfix checks the validity of the name field to ensure that it consists solely of alphanumeric characters or spaces. If it encounters a name that is considered invalid, it changes the login name to and writes a diagnostic to the standard error. This minimizes the risk that will fail when processing connect accounting records. DIAGNOSTICS
wtmpfix generates the following diagnostics messages: WARNINGS
generates no errors, even on garbage input. FILES
SEE ALSO
ed(1), acct(1M), acctcms(1M), acctcom(1M), acctcon(1M), acctmerg(1M), acctprc(1M), acctsh(1M), runacct(1M), acct(2), acct(4), utmp(4), wtmps(4). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
fwtmp(1M)