Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Subnetting
Special Forums IP Networking Subnetting Post 302993567 by RudiC on Saturday 11th of March 2017 07:10:36 AM
Old 03-11-2017
No. You ARE one, amongst many other clients, of the hosts that your provider hosts in their subnet. I'd bet they'd be not amused if you tried to use another IP in that range - if you were capable to do it at all.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Subnetting

We have subnetted our Internal Network. We used an I.P. range of 172.16.16.0-254, 172.16.17.0-254, 172.16.18.0-254, 172.16.19.0-254 and mask 255.255.252.0. We created a subnet range of 172.16.10.0-254 and maske 255.255.255.0. Our routers are configure to route to approprate network. We are able... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cassy
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Subnetting in 11 steps

As seen on Digg.com, here is my ip addressing article in full... Original Subnetting in 11 Steps article Subnetting in 11 Steps There are a few things that you will need to know first. I personally use 11 rules that I learned from Mike Vana. Below you will find the 11 rules as well as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jking2100
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Subnetting

Guys, Anyone could help me understand subnetting. I know a bit in networking but there are things that I don't get them easily. Thank You in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: etcpasswd
1 Replies
jdbreg(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 jdbreg(8)

NAME
jdbreg - Registers hosts in the DHCP dynamic databases. SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/jdbreg [-d] [-e] [-f character] [-s] [-l | -n] [-o] [-w] filename... OPTIONS
Deletes the records whose keys are implied by the input file(s). Uses character as the field separator. The default is the pipe | charac- ter. Display all currently registered hosts. DESCRIPTION
The jdbreg program registers (or removes) hosts for configuration by DHCP. When the registered_hosts_only policy is in effect, the server configure only clients whose MAC addresses are so registered. When this policy is not in effect, registering hosts has no effect. Each record to be loaded is terminated by a newline, and the fields within each record delimited by default with the pipe (|) character, although this may be changed with the -f command line option. The fields within the data file(s) to be loaded are as follows: MAC address MAC address type MAC address length (octets) RESTRICTIONS
Because the database used by join does not support multiuser concurrently, applications that write to it, lock the entire database. This means that you cannot use jdbreg while joind is running. The converse is also true. FILES
SEE ALSO
Commands: joind(8) jdbreg(8)