Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking How to route packets back to incoming interface? Post 302993379 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 9th of March 2017 09:02:02 AM
Old 03-09-2017
Yes. You have to bridge somehow - that is what TAP does.
Does this link look familiar?

BridgingAndRouting – OpenVPN Community

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

~ IPTables : Limit Incoming UDP Packets With a Certain Length ~

Hello, I am currently trying to limit incoming UDP length 20 packets on a per IP basis to 5 a second using IPTables on a Linux machine (CentOS 5.2). Basically, if an IP is sending more than 5 length 20 UDP packet a second to the local machine, I would like the machine to drop the excess... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tomboy123
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Had to bounce interface to add network route

Hi All, yesterday I was trying to add a network route to my solaris 8 host using 'route add'. Everytime I tried, I kept getting the response 'network is unreachable'. I was trying all kinds of different methods, however I eventually got it to work after bouncing the interface that I was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Route new network interface Solaris 8

Hi there, I'm trying to configure an additional network interface on Solaris 8 (eri0). The interface has been activated, but all the frames are still routed to the current default interface (ce0) I've tried following command (with various syntaxes...) unsuccessfully so far: # route add... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreiniche
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux box drops the incoming packets

Hi all, I am new to Linux kernel. we have a c file that counts the no. of sends and received packets in each interface, and indicate the user about the error/drop ration of incoming and outgoing packets. in our Linux box , the incoming packets are dropped at random interval. we have our... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kannandv
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Network interface down after adding static route

Please , I have a problem I have add a statis route on Solaris 10, but after this, the network interface of Server was Offline. The system is in cluster mode (3.2) route add -net 10.10.1.128 -netmask 255.255.255.128 10.10.1.51 ------------------- lo0:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ruggero
1 Replies

6. Solaris

route and interface configuration in solaris

Hi, Every time when i boot my system i have to manually issue the following commands. ifconfig elxl0 plumb 192.168.200.129 netmask 255.255.255.0 up route add default 192.168.200.1 I need some help so that it should be configured permanently and i wouldn't have to manually issue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

how to hack linux driver to delay incoming packets

hello, can anyone suggest how to delay the incoming packets ?? or how the packets are prossed inside the kernal and a way to make the packets wait a while?? it wud be vry helpful regards sameer (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameer kulkarni
7 Replies

8. Linux

how to allow incoming UDP packets with iptables

I am looking for an iptables command to allow incoming UDP packets for my Linux server also is there a command I can use to set the default action for outgoing packets to accept? Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crimputt
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Route packets over specified interface

Hi, I'm quite new to unix networking and ip tables. I'm running a debian (htpc) server with two NIC's; eth0 and wlan0. I'm trying to set it up in a way that eth0 is the default interface for internet, but some processes should run through wlan0. For example, I'm using eth0 for downloads... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbeh
2 Replies

10. IP Networking

How to route all incoming packets from one virtual interface?

Hello, I'm trying to route all packets arriving at a particular interface by entering the same interface the virtual interface eth1: 2 and now everything is routed by default gw configured on eth1. eth1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 0a:0e:64:18:52:72 inet addr:192.168.10.15 eth1:2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: faka
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)