Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to grow a zfs file system? Post 302993104 by drysdalk on Tuesday 7th of March 2017 02:34:56 AM
Old 03-07-2017
Hi,

It now looks pretty much certain that you're using a SAN or some other kind of managed storage solution at the back-end here, rather than internal disks or other simple local storage. As per jlliagre's reply earlier, using that storage solution to enlarge the underlying LUN would be the best way forward here in all likelihood.

What is it you're using as a storage solution in this platform ? Whatever it is, it almost certainly provides a way to enlarge a LUN by one means or another. Once that's been done, you can then look at growing the ZFS pool to fill the new available size.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

zfs file system

Hi, I try add a new file system: #zfs create dsk1/mqm it came back with: #cannot create 'dsk1/mqm': no such pool 'dsk1' what do I have to do? Kind regards Mehrdad (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
2 Replies

2. AIX

Cannot grow jfs file system on AIX 5.2

Hello all, I'm trying to grow a file system by 500MB using SMIT on AIX 5.2 but I receive this error: "0516-404 allocp: This system cannot fulfill the allocation request. There are not enough free partitions or not enough physical volumes to keep strictness and satisfy allocation requests.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: need2bageek
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to grow my files System?

Dear Gurus of Unix. When I Put this command: # iostat -E cmdk0 Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0 Model: SAMSUNG SV4012H Revision: Serial No: 0540J1BTC53208 Size: 40.06GB <40060403712 bytes> Media Error: 0 Device Not Ready: 0 No Device: 0 Recoverable: 0 Illegal... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ZFS file system - memory monitoring

I am working on a server where the 'root' user ZFS filesystem. Now when I do Top commands it says only 750M free .But when I count the actual memory utilized it comes only to 12 GB and the total size of the server is 32G. I think rest of the space is held up by ZFS file system. Is there a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
5 Replies

5. Solaris

increase SWAP on ZFS file system

Hi All, I am using this commands to dynamically increase ZFS swap space on Solaris my question is: 1- after i make these commands it will permanent or it will remove after restart 2- how to make it permanent # swap -l swapfile dev swaplo bloques libre /dev/zvol/dsk/rpool/swap... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: osmanux
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Patching on ZFS file-system

Hi, I have Solaris-10 (Update-7). This is having ZFS file-system and 10 sparse-root zones are there. I want to install Solaris-10 recommended patch cluster on it, but not sure, how to go ahead with procedure. I want to patch one side of the mirror and keep intact another side safe in case of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Grow / expand a ZFS volume

Hi, I need to expand a ZFS volume from 500GB to 800GB. I'd like to ask your help to confirm the following procedure: Can I do it on the fly without bothering the users working on this volume? Thank you in advance! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Not able to extend ZFS file system

Hi All, I have Solaris-10 configured with two non-global zones. All file-systems are mounted on global zone and data file-systems are mounted on non-global zone as lofs. I have added 4 luns of 100 GB each and still not able to extend a file-system. This is production server, so I can not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
5 Replies

9. Solaris

2540 volume expand and solaris zfs grow

Hello I hope everyone is having a good day! Situation: 2540 with 3.6TB of usable space volume A is 2.6TB volume B was 1TB Volume A is mounted via a single lun on a solaris server and is running out of space. Volume B was used on another server but is no longer, I deleted the volume in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Metasin
7 Replies
ZPPSV(l)								 )								  ZPPSV(l)

NAME
ZPPSV - compute the solution to a complex system of linear equations A * X = B, SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE ZPPSV( UPLO, N, NRHS, AP, B, LDB, INFO ) CHARACTER UPLO INTEGER INFO, LDB, N, NRHS COMPLEX*16 AP( * ), B( LDB, * ) PURPOSE
ZPPSV computes the solution to a complex system of linear equations A * X = B, where A is an N-by-N Hermitian positive definite matrix stored in packed format and X and B are N-by-NRHS matrices. The Cholesky decomposition is used to factor A as A = U**H* U, if UPLO = 'U', or A = L * L**H, if UPLO = 'L', where U is an upper triangular matrix and L is a lower triangular matrix. The factored form of A is then used to solve the system of equa- tions A * X = B. ARGUMENTS
UPLO (input) CHARACTER*1 = 'U': Upper triangle of A is stored; = 'L': Lower triangle of A is stored. N (input) INTEGER The number of linear equations, i.e., the order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS (input) INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrix B. NRHS >= 0. AP (input/output) COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (N*(N+1)/2) On entry, the upper or lower triangle of the Hermitian matrix A, packed columnwise in a linear array. The j-th column of A is stored in the array AP as follows: if UPLO = 'U', AP(i + (j-1)*j/2) = A(i,j) for 1<=i<=j; if UPLO = 'L', AP(i + (j-1)*(2n-j)/2) = A(i,j) for j<=i<=n. See below for further details. On exit, if INFO = 0, the factor U or L from the Cholesky factorization A = U**H*U or A = L*L**H, in the same storage format as A. B (input/output) COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) On entry, the N-by-NRHS right hand side matrix B. On exit, if INFO = 0, the N-by-NRHS solution matrix X. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N). INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value > 0: if INFO = i, the leading minor of order i of A is not positive definite, so the factorization could not be completed, and the solution has not been computed. FURTHER DETAILS
The packed storage scheme is illustrated by the following example when N = 4, UPLO = 'U': Two-dimensional storage of the Hermitian matrix A: a11 a12 a13 a14 a22 a23 a24 a33 a34 (aij = conjg(aji)) a44 Packed storage of the upper triangle of A: AP = [ a11, a12, a22, a13, a23, a33, a14, a24, a34, a44 ] LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 ZPPSV(l)