Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Generate disk space usage email alert Post 302993018 by drysdalk on Sunday 5th of March 2017 12:49:41 PM
Old 03-05-2017
Hi,

OK, I think I'm starting to understand. Just to clarify: so you only want alerts when the disc space is at 5% increments from the threshold and up - i.e. at 80, 85, 90, 95 and 100 - and not at other times ? So you want an alert when it hits 80%, but don't want an alert again until it hits 85, 90, 95 or 100 ? And would you still want an alert if it was at, say 95%, and then fell to 80% or some other lower value that would normally trigger an alert ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding disk space usage

How would I go about finding the about of disk space occupied by a certain directory? For example, /u1/cvera => 530 MB Thanks =) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvera8
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to determine the disk space usage

how can we determine the disk space used by a certain directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to send email on HIGH Disk usage

Hi Guys I am looking for a python / PERL script which will send me email when ever my disk becomes more than 90% full. By the way my OS is Win XP. If anybody have already has written same type of script or something very similar kind of script, that will also be very helpful. Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaha
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor disk space usage

Some times my disk space is used upto 100% due to the application logs . So this script is to monitor the disk space usage and wall message to the users about the disk space usage if it exceeds the limit set in the script. Here for example the limit is set to 80%. This job is added in cron to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Usage - Space Used

Hi all, FreeBSD7.1 @ sh. In a backup script I am trying to get the blocks used by the backup once completed. I am using the function: #!/bin/sh spaceused() { du -d 0 "${1}" | awk -F"+" '{ print $1 } } to return the blocks used of said directory and contents. Via. command line... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Festus Hagen
7 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Issue with disk space usage

Issue with disk space usage I have the following line in my "df -h" output: Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on /dev/ad4s1a 496M 495M -39M 109% / What is the issue with having 9% excess utilisation? How can I find out what this partition is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to alert cpu memory and disk usage help please

Hi all can any one help me to script monitoring CPU load avg when reaches threshold value and disk usage if it exceeds some % tried using awk but when df -h out put is in two different lines awk doesnt work for the particular output in two different line ( output for df -h is in two... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send Disk Space Usage Status via email

Hi Guys, Is there any way I can write a script that sends DISK SPACE USAGE STATUS via email once a week? Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: g4v1n
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Generic command for disk space usage

Given this directory /web I need to get the current usage (in %) on Linux and Unix both using the same command on bash shell ? The command i tried was working on Unix (solaris) but does not filter the desired same value when run of Linux. My command df -h /web | awk '{print $5}' | sed -n... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies
alert(3alleg4)							  Allegro manual						    alert(3alleg4)

NAME
alert - Displays a popup alert box. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int alert(const char *s1, *s2, *s3, const char *b1, *b2, int c1, c2); DESCRIPTION
Displays a popup alert box, containing three lines of text (s1-s3), and with either one or two buttons. The text for these buttons is passed in `b1' and `b2' (`b2' may be NULL), and the keyboard shortcuts in `c1' and `c2' as ASCII value. Example: if (!exists(CONFIG_FILE)) alert(CONFIG_FILE, "not found.", "Using defaults.", "&Continue", NULL, 'c', 0); RETURN VALUE
Returns 1 or 2 depending on which button was clicked. If the alert is dismissed by pressing ESC when ESC is not one of the keyboard short- cuts, it treats it as a click on the second button (this is consistent with the common "Ok", "Cancel" alert). SEE ALSO
alert3(3alleg4), gui_fg_color(3alleg4), exgui(3alleg4), expackf(3alleg4), exspline(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 alert(3alleg4)