Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Creating a VM
Operating Systems SCO Creating a VM Post 302992790 by spock9458 on Wednesday 1st of March 2017 02:10:00 PM
Old 03-01-2017
OK, wow I am really new to the VM concept when it comes to networking. I got the Realtek drivers installed in SCO, and the LAN Adapter is added and I've configured the TCP/IP settings the way I want them. The kernel was rebuilt and reassigned, etc. I rebooted thinking then that I would get a reply using ping to the new IP but no go. So I checked the network adapter settings in the host computer, and it shows 2 VMware virtual adapters, as well as the physical adapter. I don't know if I need to assign the same IP as I'm using in the SCO VM to either of the virtual adapters (and if so, which one?) or to the physical adapter, which right now is set to DHCP obtain address automatically. Any further advice about this will be appreciated. Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help creating a script

I need to automate the following process: I have a list of ip address for printers in a file called iplist.txt, I need to take that list and run the command snmpget -v 1 -c public ip address sysName.0 for each ip address to see if the printer is running snmp, I want to the create a file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: inLine6
4 Replies

2. Programming

creating so's

hi everyone i have a doubt about ".so" files. what is the need of ".so" files. why we use ".so" files. where we can use ".so" files. how can i create ".so" files. can u tell me a good example please thank you (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramesh.jella
6 Replies

3. HP-UX

creating users

hi, can any one help in how to get the numeric user id through useradd command ?? or any other command for the same?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwaraj
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating a schema

hi guys, Unix dummy here. I need help creating a script for class. The assignment reads as follows: create a script that will create a new schema in schema.txt, it must accept 7 arguments (the first being the name of the schema) the other 6 being the 6 field names. the schema has to be tested... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zodester
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Creating a partition....???

I have created a pool named earthpool using zpool command. Later I created a file system named earth using zfs command. I changed the mountpoint of earth (file system) using zfs set mountpoint=/earth earthpool/earth. Where /earth is a directory created in root using mkdir. Now, I have a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharu_sri
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating scripts

Hello... First of all, as a new member, i found this forum very helpful and all the members have great knowledge. I am trying to learn unix online, as i have to make a script to monitor a solaris machine performance. I found UNIX not as hard as i thought but making scripts and printing it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohamedh_14
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with creating challenging bash script with creating directories

Hi, Can someone help me with creating a bash shell script. I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must create n directories in the current directory with names like map_1, map_2 etcetera. Each directory must be contained within its predecessor. So... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating Directory

Hi All, As I m very new for Unix, I need to check for a directory and move a file. If Directory is not found, The script should create a directory and move the file. Can any one help here. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikramtk
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating an array

I am having trouble creating an array, I've tried everything google gives me but it won't work, and it seems as though it should. Using Ubunto 12.04 and bash. #!/bin/bash ARRAY=one two three echo ${ARRAY}When I do this I receive the error : two: not found and : Bad substitution When I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrymer
3 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Creating a .profile, displaying system variables, and creating an alias

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Here is what I am supposed to do, word for word from my assignment page: 1. Create/modify and print a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagst3r21
2 Replies
CFREE(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  CFREE(3)

NAME
cfree - free allocated memory SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> /* In SunOS 4 */ int cfree(void *ptr); /* In glibc or FreeBSD libcompat */ void cfree(void *ptr); /* In SCO OpenServer */ void cfree(char *ptr, unsigned num, unsigned size); /* In Solaris watchmalloc.so.1 */ void cfree(void *ptr, size_t nelem, size_t elsize); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): cfree(): _BSD_SOURCE || _SVID_SOURCE DESCRIPTION
This function should never be used. Use free(3) instead. 1-arg cfree In glibc, the function cfree() is a synonym for free(3), "added for compatibility with SunOS". Other systems have other functions with this name. The declaration is sometimes in <stdlib.h> and sometimes in <malloc.h>. 3-arg cfree Some SCO and Solaris versions have malloc libraries with a 3-argument cfree(), apparently as an analog to calloc(3). If you need it while porting something, add #define cfree(p, n, s) free((p)) to your file. A frequently asked question is "Can I use free(3) to free memory allocated with calloc(3), or do I need cfree()?" Answer: use free(3). An SCO manual writes: "The cfree routine is provided for compliance to the iBCSe2 standard and simply calls free. The num and size argu- ments to cfree are not used." RETURN VALUE
The SunOS version of cfree() (which is a synonym for free(3)) returns 1 on success and 0 on failure. In case of error, errno is set to EINVAL: the value of ptr was not a pointer to a block previously allocated by one of the routines in the malloc(3) family. CONFORMING TO
The 3-argument version of cfree() as used by SCO conforms to the iBCSe2 standard: Intel386 Binary Compatibility Specification, Edition 2. SEE ALSO
malloc(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. 2007-07-26 CFREE(3)