Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to update file based on partial match in field1 and exact match in field2 Post 302992739 by cmccabe on Wednesday 1st of March 2017 07:17:38 AM
Old 03-01-2017
Thank you very much Smilie.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

csv file to array, match field1, replace in flat file field1 to field2

Hello, i am bit stuck with making script for automatic procedure. Case: Two files. One is flat file, other is csv file. csv file has two column/fields with comma delimited data. Here is what i need (explained way) CSV file: field1 | field2 "hello","byebye" "hello2","byebye2"... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankie_konin
23 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk partial match and filter records

Hi, I am having file which contains around 15 columns, i need to fetch column 3,12,14 based on the condition that column 3 starts with 40464 this is the sample data how to achieve that (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

exact string match ; search and print match

I am trying to match a pattern exactly in a shell script. I have tried two methods awk '/\<mpath${CURR_MP}\>/{print $1 $2}' multipath perl -ne '/\bmpath${CURR_MP}\b/ and print' /var/tmp/multipath Both these methods require that I use the escape character. I am guessing that is why... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using grep returns partial matches, I need to get an exact match or nothing

I’m trying to modify someone perl script to fix a bug. The piece of code checks that the zone name you want to add is unique. However, when the code runs, it finds a partial match using grep, and decides it already exists, so the “create” command exits. $cstatus = `${ZADM} list -vic | grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TKD
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update field file based on match

If $1 in file1 matches $2 in file2. Then the value in $2 of file2 is updated to $1"."$2 of file2. The awk seems to only match the two files but not update. Thank you :). awk awk 'NR==FNR{A ; next} $1 in A { $2 = a }1' file1 file2 file1 name version NM_000593 5 NM_001257406... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update field in file based of match in another

I am trying to use awk to match two files that are tab-delimited. When a match is found between file1 $1 and file2 $4, $4 in file2 is updated using the $2 value in file1. If no match is found then the next line is processed. Thank you :). file1 uc001bwr.3 ADC uc001bws.3 ADC... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to search field2 in file2 using range of fields file1 and using match to another field in file1

I am trying to use awk to find all the $2 values in file2 which is ~30MB and tab-delimited, that are between $2 and $3 in file1 which is ~2GB and tab-delimited. I have just found out that I need to use $1 and $2 and $3 from file1 and $1 and $2of file2 must match $1 of file1 and be in the range... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to update field in file based of match to another file

In the perl below I am trying to set/update the value of $14 (last field) in file2, using the matching NM_ in $12 or $9 in file2 with the NM_ in $2 of file1. The lengths of $9 and $12 can be variable but what is consistent is the start pattern will always be NM_ and the end pattern is always ;... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update value based on pattern match in another file

In the awk, thanks you @RavinderSingh13, for the help in below, hopefully it is close as I am trying to update the value in $12 of the tab-delimeted file2 with the matching value in $1 of the space delimeted file1. I have added comments for each line as well. Thank you :). awk awk '$12 ==... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update file based on match in 3 fields

Trying to use awk to store the value of $5 in file1 in array x. That array x is then used to search $4 of file1 to find aa match (I use x to skip the header in file1). Since $4 can have multiple strings in it seperated by a , (comma), I split them and iterate througn each split looking for a match.... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)