Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting max value of specific fields with awk Post 302992223 by sayami00 on Thursday 23rd of February 2017 03:56:44 AM
Old 02-23-2017
Dear Don,
Please find my answer :
1) I have tried like this
Code:
egrep "0221|09|ccc" test.unl  | awk  -F "|"  'maxvalue=="" || $3 > maxvalue { maxvalue=$3 } END { print "ccc|"maxvalue }'

With this I am providing unique value for fields 1,2 and 4 .

2 ) Yes , all the fields have common value .

3 ) Output order does not matter . In output , line having max third field have to be displayed .
Code:
0221|09|aaa| ,44.33

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sed cut? to rearrange random number of fields into 3 fields

I'm working on formatting some attendance data to meet a vendors requirements to upload to their system. With some help on the forums here, I have the data close. But they've since changed what they want. The vendor wants me to submit three fields to them. Field 1 is the studentid field,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axo959
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Updating specific fields with awk using conditions

Can someone help me again, I think with awk? I have a file with 4 columns (pipe-delimited): I just want to convert the last field so that e1 is now 'message 1', e2 is 'message 2', e0 is 'message 3', etc. I don't want to change any other columns because the e0-e10 code may appear as part of a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giannicello
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk summing specific lines and fields

Hi I would like to know if it is possible to sum some specific fields. I have this x;x;x;x;x;x;x;x;467,390,611 Bytes;0.435291 GB;0.062247 GB;0.373045 GB;11,225;157 a;a;a;a;a;a;a;a;13,805,156,846 Bytes;12.857054 GB;1.838559 GB;11.018495 GB;151,063;18,933 b;b;b;b;b;b;b;b;232,797,478,723... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nakaedu
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read the file and generate specific fields by awk

Hi I need to generate these output file from the below input file. Output : customer_id as customer, zip as zip_cd, catg_cd as catg, Input: out.customer::in.customer_id; out.zip_cd::in.zip; out.catg::in.catg_cd; Could you please help me on this. Please use code tags next... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Murugesh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk partial string match and add specific fields

Trying to combine strings that are a partial match to another in $1 (usually below it). If a match is found than the $2 value is added to the $2 value of the match and the $3 value is added to the $3 value of the match. I am not sure how to do this and need some expert help. Thank you :). file ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to output match and mismatch with count using specific fields

In the below awk I am trying output to one file those lines that match between $2,$3,$4 of file1 and file2 with the count in (). I am also trying to output those lines that are missing between $2,$3,$4 of file1 and file2 with the count of in () each. Both input files are tab-delimited, but the... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine all matching fields in input but only print line with largest value in specific field

In the below I am trying to use awk to match all the $13 values in input, which is tab-delimited, that are in $1 of gene which is just a single column of text. However only the line with the greatest $9 value in input needs to be printed. So in the example below all the MECP2 and LTBP1... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep or awk a unique and specific word across many fields

Hi there, I have data with similar structure as this: CHR START-SNP END-SNP REF ALT PATIENT1 PATIENT2 PATIENT3 PATIENT4 chr1 69511 69511 A G homo hetero homo hetero chr2 69513 69513 T C . hetero homo hetero chr3 69814 69814 G C . . homo homo chr4 69815 69815 C A hetero . . hetero is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: daashti
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do you preserve the max length of a line after replacing a specific value?

I'm new with scripting and I can't seem to figure out what I should do to get the output that I want. My file content would be below. ID2|ID3 |ID4|ID5 | I'm trying to replace the field of ID3 which has a fixed length of 10 characters, for each entry I have placed on a .txt file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asdfghjkl
5 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgawk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gawk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)