Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Need Help With System Recovery After HD Errors Post 302992120 by jgt on Tuesday 21st of February 2017 04:41:16 PM
Old 02-21-2017
Only if the results of the integrity are missing files.
Do you have a replacement disk? Does your backup copy the entire contents of the disk, or only the application? Are you able to quarantine the current disk and build a new one from the backup and the distribution media? My concern is that once a disk starts to fail continued use is likely to result in complete failure.

---------- Post updated at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:39 PM ----------

Depending on the terminal emulation you are using at your pc's you may be able to do a local print of the integrity report.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Automatic system recovery?

Hi all! I've a strange problem. I would use the GNU Make tool on HPUX 11.11. To archive this, i have compiled the sourcecode and renamed HP make in /usr/bin from make to make_old. Now i have make a softlink from /usr/local/bin/make (GNU version) to /usr/bin/make. All things here are ok, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coredump2003
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
0 Replies

3. AIX

make a recovery CD/DVD - system has no writable devices

Hi, Has anyone please got some advise as to how I can make a CD/DVD on an AIX 5.3 system so that it can be fully recoverd just by inserting the backed up system. The system that I need to recover has no writable devices, not even a tape drive (it wasn't specified by me btw). I am trying to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevek007
0 Replies

4. AIX

System recovery

Hi everyone I'm green AIX user or rather beginner (light green). Unfortunately I have to restore my system + data from scratch (things happen) and make it up and running. I've never done it before. Can someone of you provide me with link/procedure/instruction how to do it? Now I know only:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fraydey
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Data Recovery from file system overwritten with LVM.

Hey peeps, Here is somethin u might find interestin.... Is it possible to recover data from a partition which used to be an ext3 file sytem with some nice forgotten backups, which now is an lvm partion containg root partition of another OS. :) I couldn't create any mess better than this, can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squid04
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

linux system recovery after overriding connect() by "ld.so.preload"

dear fellows; i have used ld.so.preload file to override connect() function, dynamic library overriding, it did worked really fine ...... but i went on to struck in a situation ... within the overrided connect() i have used printf once to see IP and Port to whom the connect request is being... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mzeeshan
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fsck.gfs2 outputs "RG recovery impossible; I can't fix this file system"

I have a CentOS release 5.2 (Final)host running kernel 2.6.18-92.el5 with at raid 10 that had two mirrored drives fail. The drives were re-inserted and now the raid shows healthy (for now). I tried to mount but got an Input/output error. I then attempted a fsck: fsck.gfs2 -y /dev/vg_01/uss_vol... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: king_hippo
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Linux system hangs giving ntp errors

Hi folks, I am facing issue of my system (host1) getting hanged after throwing following ntpd messages. I am not able to ssh to the server there after. only option is to restart the host: Dec 29 02:58:51 host1 ntpd: time reset -0.207907 s Dec 29 02:58:51 host1 ntpd: synchronisation lost Dec 29... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SiddhV
0 Replies
MAKECSD(1)						  The Canonical Csound Reference						MAKECSD(1)

NAME
makecsd - Creates a CSD file from the specified input files. . DESCRIPTION
Creates a CSD file from the specified input files. The first input file that has a .orc extension (case is not significant) is put to the <CsInstruments> section, and the first input file that has a .sco extension becomes <CsScore>. Any remaining files are Base64 encoded and added as <CsFileB> tags. An empty <CsOptions> section is always added. Some text filtering is performed on the orchestra and score file: o newlines are converted to the native format of the system on which makecsd is being run. o blank lines are removed from the beginning and end of files. o any trailing whitespace is removed from the end of lines. o optionally, tabs can be expanded to spaces with an user specified tabstop size. SYNTAX
makecsd [OPTIONS ... ] infile1 [ infile2 [ ... ]] INITIALIZATION
Flags: o - t n = expand tabs to spaces using tabstop size n (default: disabled). This applies only to the orchestra and score file. o - w n = set Base64 line width to n (default: 72). Note: the orchestra and score are not wrapped. o - o fname = output file name (default: stdout) EXAMPLES
makecsd -t 6 -w 78 -o file.csd file.mid file.orc file.sco sample.aif This creates a CSD from file.orc and file.sco (tabs are expanded to spaces assuming a tabstop size of 6 characters), and file.mid and sample.aif are added as <CsFileB> tags containing Base64 encoded data with a line width of 78 characters. The output file is file.csd. CREDITS
Author: Istvan Varga Jan 2003 AUTHORS
Barry Vercoe MIT Media Lab Author. Dan Ellis MIT Media Lab, Cambridge Massachussetts Author. COPYRIGHT
5.07 06/23/2009 MAKECSD(1)