Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: False alerts
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting False alerts Post 302992097 by anil529 on Tuesday 21st of February 2017 02:32:52 PM
Old 02-21-2017
False alerts

Hi

I have written a script to send email alerts when load of my linux server reaches max point
I keep getting false emails thought the load is normal , looks like same email is generated again and again - called from cron tab

checked if the tempfile is present , no it is not , cleaned after every time scripts runs

what could be the issue?

please suggest

Last edited by rbatte1; 02-22-2017 at 07:53 AM.. Reason: Spelling

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

bin\false

We have requirments to not allow a userid login abilities but allow users to 'su' to it. In solaris I normally set the shell in /etc/passwd to bin/false. THis does not work on Linux, any suggestions would help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bryanthomas
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

false use of sed???

i want to delete every newline and every line which starts with "RECORD......." in a file. FILE: Record 61391 in base BROCKHAUS (Timestamp: 2008-04-09 11:38:38) UNTERTITEL : Gräfin (seit 1707 Reichsgräfin) von, * Schwerin 4. 2. 1686, + Berlin 21. 10. 1744; wurde Record 61392 in base BROCKHAUS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trek
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why is it always false?

Hi, I'm new to UNIX and am trying to learn shell scripting in order to work on an interface that I inherited when a co-worker left. I need to be able to check to see whether a file exists to determine whether the FTP has taken place, but in testing, the if statement always evaluates as false,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JeffR
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

will sftp work with /bin/false

helo helo I have create user for the group and entry for the user in /etc/passwd file is liek this bhavin:x:2014:109:test:/home/pds_RBAC:/bin/false I have keep here /bin/false now i m accesing user through sftp ow when i access that user using sftp from the another linux pc for e.g... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

5. Solaris

False Memory usage alarm!!

Hi Experts, I am using Solaris-10, Sun-Fire-V445. i got often the below message- "Memory Usage – Critical, Memory usage (RAM) exceeding 90% The memory utilization is exceeding 90%" in a application running on solaris. I checked with Vmstat. Everything seems to be fine. Where i should... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

False Condition

Hi All, I am using the below Script to enter a line in the File: #!/bin/ksh # To delete the last line if it contains the pattern Redirect permanent / Virgin Atlantic Airways - Popup echo "Enter the URL that should point to the particular microsite" read url # To delete the last line if it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shazin
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

false tcp connection

Why this happens? How to solve this? $netstat -na |grep 9325 tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:9325 127.0.0.1:9325 ESTABLISHED When a client socket repeatedly tries to connect to an inactive(no server socket is listening on this port) local port,connect succeeds. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnbach
1 Replies

8. AIX

Gid=0 and 7 + admin=FALSE

Checking configuration access files for an AIX server, left me wondering about this :confused:: If a user is added to system group, it gets gid=0 with some security risks because it gets some root kind of file access level. Is this insecure condition kept if the user has admin variable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkiddo
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Nagios is sending critical false alerts about current users

Hello All, Nagios seems to be sending false alerts about few hosts, (ex: There were no users on one host and still Nagios was reporting a critical alert and says 6 users are logged in. How do I fix this one? Also, I have installed nagios and added 12 hosts as a start and monitoring few... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Url check creating child process and generating false alerts

Hi All Below code is working as expected but creating too many child processes when the url is not up and every minute that process is sending false email alerts any help with the logic not to generate child process and not to send duplicate alerts app="https://url" appresult=$(wget... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srilinux09
2 Replies
REPORTER-MAILX(1)						 LIBREPORT MANUAL						 REPORTER-MAILX(1)

NAME
reporter-mailx - Sends contents of a problem directory via email. SYNOPSIS
reporter-mailx [-v] -d DIR [-c CONFFILE] DESCRIPTION
The tool reads a problem directory, composes an email message from the directory contents, and uses mailx to send the message to specified recipient. Properties of email messages can be specified in a configuration file, and via environment variables. Configuration file Configuration file contains entries in a format "Option = Value". The options are: Subject The subject of the email message. EmailFrom The sender of the email message. EmailTo The recipient of the email message. SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. This can cause the emails to be very large. Integration with ABRT events reporter-mailx can be used as a reporter, to allow users report problems via email when they decide to do it. This usage is pre-configured in /etc/libreport/events.d/mailx_event.conf: EVENT=report_Mailx reporter-mailx It can also be used to notify administrator automatically when a problem happens. When this is desired, modify the event configuration file to run the tool on the post-create event: EVENT=post-create reporter-mailx OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -c CONFFILE Path to configuration file. When used in ABRT event system, the file contains site-wide configuration. Users can change the values via environment variables. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Environment variables take precedence over values provided in the configuration file. Mailx_Subject Subject of the email message. Mailx_EmailFrom Sender of the email message. Mailx_EmailTo Recipient of the email message. If nor the environment variable nor the corresponding option is defined, the message is send to "root@localhost". Mailx_SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. AUTHORS
o ABRT team LIBREPORT 2.1.11 06/18/2014 REPORTER-MAILX(1)