Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora SD's, fsck, dmesg, freezing, and the Corrupt FAT-fs Post 302992030 by Beta_OmegaAdinf on Monday 20th of February 2017 06:44:23 PM
Old 02-20-2017
Bug

Sorry I forgot to mention that I already followed the steps above. When I ran fsck /dev/mmcblk0p1 It worked and supposedly fixed my SD card, removing 11 dirty bits, but when I unmounted and put it back in, again, the entire screen froze. Mouse functionality? Gone. Keyboard functionality? No sir, I'm afraid that went out the window too. The only thing that seems to work while it's trying to mount is the power button.
Running dmesg the corrupt file system error/warning no longer shows up. Could it be a result of the update or enabling rpm-fusion?

EDIT: Thank you for suggesting a back up. I cp'd * from the card onto the computer before running fsck, after running fsck -p, removing dirty bits, and waiting for the card to load, I saw that file3.brs was missing. Thank god it was saved to the computer.

---------- Post updated at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:00 PM ----------

@drysdalk

Code:
mmc0: card never left busy state
mmc0: error -110 whilst initializing MMC card
mmc0:: error -110 whilst initializing SD card

Someone on StackOverflow is having a similar problem on Ubuntu which of course they very nicely reported and closed ( Seems to happen to all StackOverflow questions ) Turns out it was a bug in the kernel that was causing the SD card to freeze the computer/Not read/mount right the first time. I'm going to see if anyone has reported such a bug for fedora yet.

Last edited by Beta_OmegaAdinf; 02-20-2017 at 07:11 PM.. Reason: Courtesy reasons.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CDE freezing

I am running Solaris 8 intel and recently my Common Desktop environment will not load. I enter the root username and password at the prompt, it switches to the CDE screen and the freezes. The OpenWindows environment works fine. I tried with a regular username (not root) and I get the same resutls.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

dmesg error ??

Hi all, I have a very weard error message in my dmesg output, and I cannot find the solution in google. Does anyone know what it might be ? Equivalently mapped reserve pool exhausted; Overall application performance may be improved by increasing the "eqmemsize" tunable parameter (currently... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidg
3 Replies

3. SCO

SCO Unix 5.0.5 freezing

Hie I use SCO Unix 5.0.5 as my operating system and i have been having the following problem for the past couple of days : After every 3 hours or more , my system freezes and all users are locked out .I can not do anything even on the console . Each time i have to press the reset button... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babby
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/usr corrupt, can get to fsck (solaris)

I have a solaris 5.8 system, it wont boot because /usr is corrupt, which means i cannot bring up fsck to run a disk check. Any ideas? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Thousands of "unattached inode" entries freezing fsck

We have some CentOS systems with ext3 filesystems that (on occasion) experiences long power failures that are longer than the UPS can handle. We run an fsck on the file systems at every boot, and sometimes they will come back on after a power failure, and when fsck runs there are tens of thousands... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nothsa
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Strange FAT filesystem

My Garmin GPS device has a slot for an SD card. I'm using a 32 GB SD card which holds 22 GB data currently. If I attach my device to a USB port it shows two devices, the internal memory and the SD card. I have no problems with the internal memory which holds only 2 GB of data. I can mount... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HJarausch
2 Replies

7. Solaris

unable to repair the / filesystem. Run fsck manually (fsck -F ufs /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0)

What can I fix this issue? I have ran below commands but everything is same.:confused: WARNING: Last shutdown is later than time on time-of-day chip: check date. The / file system (/dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0) is being checked WARNING - unable to repair the / filesystem. Run fsck manually (fsck -F... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
4 Replies

8. Hardware

Laptop freezing issues

I am having Laptop freezing issues. Whenever I try to use Firfox and vlc, chrome and vlc, firefox and chrome, or anything similar to that my computer freezes. I always have to kill one of the processes before I can use my laptop again. I am guessing this is a hardware issue because when I move... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies
fsck_cachefs(1M)					  System Administration Commands					  fsck_cachefs(1M)

NAME
fsck_cachefs - check integrity of data cached with CacheFS SYNOPSIS
fsck -F cachefs [-m] [-o noclean] cache_directory DESCRIPTION
The CacheFS version of the fsck command checks the integrity of a cache directory.This utility corrects any CacheFS problems it finds by default. There is no interactive mode. The most likely invocation of fsck for CacheFS file systems is at boot time from an entry in the /etc/vfstab file. See vfstab(4). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -m Check, but do not repair. -o noclean Force a check on the cache even if there is no reason to suspect there is a problem. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using fsck_cachefs to Force a Check on the Cache Directory The following example forces a check on the cache directory /cache3: example% fsck -F cachefs -o noclean /cache3 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cfsadmin(1M), fsck(1M), mount_cachefs(1M), vfstab(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 9 Oct 2002 fsck_cachefs(1M)