Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Request per second script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Request per second script Post 302991906 by Don Cragun on Saturday 18th of February 2017 12:23:19 AM
Old 02-18-2017
Repeatedly saying that you want to perform some unspecified task instead of doing it manually is getting us nowhere. Please clearly answer the questions I asked in post #4, or I will close this thread.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix script http request

Hi everybody, I have a *.vbs file which I want to run automatically. I want to know if there is anyway to implement the given example for e.g "http://255.255.255.55/script.vbs" what I mean is does anyone know how to make an http request from a unix script?? Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arksal
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using a request script

I am creating a package(Solaris10 on sparc) that needs user input. As I understand it, I need to use a request script. My problem is that the value I set in my request script is not visible in my postinstall script. Not sure if I am doing it right. Here is an example request script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to modify BASEDIR with request script?

Here is request script: #!/bin/sh echo "Current install root path is " CONFIRM="n" while do BASEDIR="" while true do echo please input install root path then press : read BASEDIR if then echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpmp
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris request script

Hi, In the request script I need to read user input and store to variable to use it later in postinstall script. e.g. LOGDIR=/app/log echo "Please type the Log Directory : (current value: $LOGDIR)" read LOGDIR When asked, if the user enters a value the parameter is ok and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: potro
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timing out lynx request in a bash script

I have a Bash script where, in a loop, I access several urls. Sometimes, if an url is not available, lynx hangs, and the script does not continue. How can I time out the lynx request when it takes more than, 10 Seconds, but continue with the other jobs... For some reason lynx does not care... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request a script on manupilating the data. Please HELP!

Dear friends, I'm struggling to preparing a bunch of gaussian input files, say manually. It's really a time-consuming work without any techniques. I suppose that it could be done by a smart script automatically. But I lack some basic knowledge on scripting. Please help! My original input... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: liuzhencc
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for help with SGE submission script manipulation

Hi, I have the following SGE submission (HPC calculation) script, which is just a Bash script: #!/bin/bash -l #$ -S /bin/bash #$ -l h_rt=1:00:0 #$ -l mem=4G #$ -N XXX #$ -pe qlc 24 #$ -P XXX #$ -wd /home/uccaxxx/Scratch/222PdT/3vac/c0001/ mpirun -m $TMPDIR/machines -np $NSLOTS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script request

I've a master file which will contain 100 file names, The script should read file name from a master file and format the file as below in AIX. input file Filename This is a test file Output File Filename|This is a test file Thanks in advance for file in $FileList; do (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: udayakumar
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting wget request within script

When using a browser and calling this url .. the data returns the proper range of information ichart dot finance dot yahoo dot com/table.csv?s=YAHOO&a=3&b=14&c=2012&d=03&e=20&f=2012&g=d&ignore.csv (geeze wont let me post url's sorry ) However in my script the formatting is messing up on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harte
4 Replies
FAXCRON(8C)															       FAXCRON(8C)

NAME
faxcron - HylaFAX routine maintenance script SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxcron [ -n ] [ -l lastrun ] DESCRIPTION
faxcron is a command script that does routine upkeep tasks in a HylaFAX spooling directory hierarchy. This script is intended to be invoked from cron(8C) on behalf of the fax user (often the ``fax'' user is uucp) once a day, with the standard output sent by mail to the HylaFAX administrator. For example, the following crontab might be set up for the fax user: 25 23 * * * sh /usr/sbin/faxcron | mail FaxMaster The faxcron script does the following work: o report statistics for facsimile transmitted since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile transmitted in the past week. o report statistics for facsimile received since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile received in the past week. o report any recent calls that failed suspiciously and return the associated trace log; o purge data that is 30 days or older from the remote machine information directory; o delete information that is 30 days or older from session trace log files; o remove files from the tmp directory that are older than 1 day; o remove files in the received facsimile queue that are 7 days or older; o report sites that are currently having jobs rejected; and o force all session log files to be owned by the fax user and kept with protection mode 644. OPTIONS
-n Forces faxcron to run without updating any files. -l lastrun Forces the notion of the last time that faxcron was run to be lastrun. The value of lastrun is a date and time string of the form ``MM/DD/YY HH:MM'' (the date(1) format string ``%D %H:%M''). -info n Set the expiration time for data in the info database to be n days. -log n Set the expiration time for session log data to be n days. -rcv n Set the expiration time for files in the received facsimile queue to be n days. -tmp n Set the expiration time for files in the tmp directory to be n days. -mode m Set the file protection mode for session logs to m (a command line argument to chmod(1)). NOTES
This script requires nawk(1) or gawk(1) and a date(1) program that supports the ``+format'' option. If session logs are to be kept private this script must be modified to filter out sensitive information such as calling card numbers. (It should also be run with ``-mode 0600'' so that session log files are not publicly readable.) FILES
/var/spool/fax spooling area /var/spool/fax/etc/lastrun timestamp of last run /usr/sbin/xferfaxstats for generating transmit statistics /usr/sbin/recvstats for generating receive statistics /var/spool/fax/tmp/faxcronXXXX temporary file for truncating session logs /var/spool/fax/tmp/faxlogXXXX temporary file for logs of failed calls SEE ALSO
cron(8C), faxq(8C), faxgetty(8C), faxsend(8C), xferfaxstats(8C), recvstats(8C), hylafax-server(5F) May 12, 1996 FAXCRON(8C)