Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Request per second script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Request per second script Post 302991905 by Katkota on Saturday 18th of February 2017 12:13:57 AM
Old 02-18-2017
Sorry to disappoint you my friend.
if i get the interval every 10 seconds is fine. the issue is i want this to be done through a script and not manually one at a time. My apology if i'm not explaining it better.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix script http request

Hi everybody, I have a *.vbs file which I want to run automatically. I want to know if there is anyway to implement the given example for e.g "http://255.255.255.55/script.vbs" what I mean is does anyone know how to make an http request from a unix script?? Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arksal
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using a request script

I am creating a package(Solaris10 on sparc) that needs user input. As I understand it, I need to use a request script. My problem is that the value I set in my request script is not visible in my postinstall script. Not sure if I am doing it right. Here is an example request script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to modify BASEDIR with request script?

Here is request script: #!/bin/sh echo "Current install root path is " CONFIRM="n" while do BASEDIR="" while true do echo please input install root path then press : read BASEDIR if then echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpmp
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris request script

Hi, In the request script I need to read user input and store to variable to use it later in postinstall script. e.g. LOGDIR=/app/log echo "Please type the Log Directory : (current value: $LOGDIR)" read LOGDIR When asked, if the user enters a value the parameter is ok and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: potro
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timing out lynx request in a bash script

I have a Bash script where, in a loop, I access several urls. Sometimes, if an url is not available, lynx hangs, and the script does not continue. How can I time out the lynx request when it takes more than, 10 Seconds, but continue with the other jobs... For some reason lynx does not care... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request a script on manupilating the data. Please HELP!

Dear friends, I'm struggling to preparing a bunch of gaussian input files, say manually. It's really a time-consuming work without any techniques. I suppose that it could be done by a smart script automatically. But I lack some basic knowledge on scripting. Please help! My original input... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: liuzhencc
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for help with SGE submission script manipulation

Hi, I have the following SGE submission (HPC calculation) script, which is just a Bash script: #!/bin/bash -l #$ -S /bin/bash #$ -l h_rt=1:00:0 #$ -l mem=4G #$ -N XXX #$ -pe qlc 24 #$ -P XXX #$ -wd /home/uccaxxx/Scratch/222PdT/3vac/c0001/ mpirun -m $TMPDIR/machines -np $NSLOTS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script request

I've a master file which will contain 100 file names, The script should read file name from a master file and format the file as below in AIX. input file Filename This is a test file Output File Filename|This is a test file Thanks in advance for file in $FileList; do (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: udayakumar
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting wget request within script

When using a browser and calling this url .. the data returns the proper range of information ichart dot finance dot yahoo dot com/table.csv?s=YAHOO&a=3&b=14&c=2012&d=03&e=20&f=2012&g=d&ignore.csv (geeze wont let me post url's sorry ) However in my script the formatting is messing up on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harte
4 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-akq] [-t time] [file [command ...]] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. If the argument command is given, script will run the specified command with an optional argument vector instead of an interactive shell. The following options are available: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -k Log keys sent to program as well as output. -q Run in quiet mode, omit the start and stop status messages. -t time Specify time interval between flushing script output file. A value of 0 causes script to flush for every character I/O event. The default interval is 30 seconds. The script ends when the forked shell (or command) exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-D (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. The script utility works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen. The results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal, not an addressable one. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The script utility places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. It is not possible to specify a command without also naming the script file because of argument parsing compatibility issues. When running in -k mode, echo cancelling is far from ideal. The slave terminal mode is checked for ECHO mode to check when to avoid manual echo logging. This does not work when in a raw mode where the program being run is doing manual echo. BSD
January 22, 2004 BSD