Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Having too many connections could affect performance ? Post 302991574 by MadeInGermany on Monday 13th of February 2017 04:37:11 PM
Old 02-13-2017
For OSF1 I found this resource
You might want to tune the following
Quote:
somaxconn=1024
tcbhashsize=1024
maxuprc=256
But it takes memory. You should have 2GB RAM at least.

Last edited by MadeInGermany; 02-13-2017 at 05:45 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

changig uid and the affect it will have

Hello, I have 2 sun servers. We are running Oracle apps. We have to apply patches to both servers whenever a patch needs to be applied for Oracle. We use the same username eg. applmgr on both servers. We have a shared patch area which we can run the patch from on both boxes. the uid for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d__browne
2 Replies

2. Solaris

making new default gateway take affect

How do you make the changes take affect when you change the subnet masks or default router without rebooting? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

affect variable

hi , i want to store variable but i get always error when i excute this command ligne : var = awk '{print $1}' file1 echo $var how can i store the var? thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamel.seg
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Will Password change affect authorized_keys?

Hello gurus, I have question. I have enabled ssh on the servers. I am planning to change the oracle user's(os user) password. If I change the password will it affect the authorized_keys? Do I need to regenerate it. Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracleuser
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.profile - changes don't affect the login

I have modified the .profile in my profile and I don't see any effect. Why the changes don't have effect? I tried both on the account at a server where I have limited permissions as user and to my local pc (as user). Is it the .profile overridden by some other file? It looks weird because I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: myle
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Will creating symbolic links affect users

Hi, I have a quick question with regards to creating symbolic links. Would creating a symbolic link from one directory to a file in another cause any issues for users that are currently logged into the box. I don't believe it will unless they are using the file in question, but I would like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chains
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

affect a exploded a string into an array

I would like to affect an exploded string into an array. one:two::fourinto an array: a => one a => two a => a => four Quite simple in other languages with functions like explode() or split(). The best I could come up with was this: until do token=${string%%:*} # takes the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script affect load average

Hello I have created next scritpt to do the next: chekp if host is alive. When the host down, launch telnet other equip to do checks. When execute the script the load average of the machines increase. For example: Before launch script top - 11:14:56 up 14 days, 18:06, 3 users, load... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: capilla
3 Replies
MADVISE(2)						      BSD System Calls Manual							MADVISE(2)

NAME
madvise -- give advice about use of memory SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/mman.h> int madvise(caddr_t addr, size_t len, int behav); int posix_madvise(caddr_t addr, size_t len, int behav); DESCRIPTION
The madvise() system call allows a process that has knowledge of its memory behavior to describe it to the system. The advice passed in may be used by the system to alter its virtual memory paging strategy. This advice may improve application and system performance. The behavior specified in behav can only be one of the following values: MADV_NORMAL Indicates that the application has no advice to give on its behavior in the specifed address range. This is the system default behavior. This is used with madvise() system call. POSIX_MADV_NORMAL Same as MADV_NORMAL but used with posix_madvise() system call. MADV_SEQUENTIAL Indicates that the application expects to access this address range in a sequential manner. This is used with madvise() sys- tem call. POSIX_MADV_SEQUENTIAL Same as MADV_SEQUENTIAL but used with posix_madvise() system call. MADV_RANDOM Indicates that the application expects to access this address range in a random manner. This is used with madvise() system call. POSIX_MADV_RANDOM Same as MADV_RANDOM but used with posix_madvise() system call. MADV_WILLNEED Indicates that the application expects to access this address range soon. This is used with madvise() system call. POSIX_MADV_WILLNEED Same as MADV_WILLNEED but used with posix_madvise() system call. MADV_DONTNEED Indicates that the application is not expecting to access this address range soon. This is used with madvise() system call. POSIX_MADV_DONTNEED Same as MADV_DONTNEED but used with posix_madvise() system call. MADV_FREE Indicates that the application will not need the information contained in this address range so the pages may be reused right away. The address range will remain valid. This is used with madvise() system call. The posix_madvise() behaves same as madvise() except that it uses values with POSIX_ prefix for the behav system call argument. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, a value of 0 is returned. Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
madvise() fails if one or more of the following are true: [EINVAL] The value of behav is incorrect. [ENOMEM] The virtual address range specified by the addr and len are outside the range allowed for the address space. [EINVAL] The address range includes unallocated regions. SEE ALSO
mincore(2), minherit(2), mprotect(2), msync(2), munmap(2) HISTORY
The madvise function first appeared in 4.4BSD. The posix_madvise function is part of IEEE 1003.1-2001 and was first implemented in Mac OS X 10.2. BSD
June 9, 1993 BSD