Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Java doesn´t find the CLASSPATH (System variable) Post 302991531 by antoniosarco on Monday 13th of February 2017 01:15:49 AM
Old 02-13-2017
export CLASSPATH=/your/stuff/

or preserving system wide settings:

export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/your/addition/

the only different from Windows in terms of path-separators, : instead of ;

For example

java -classpath /mydir/mylib.jar:/otherdir/otherlib.jar com.MyProgram -Xmx64m

wildcard in the classpath to add multiple jars

java -cp "Halo.jar:lib/*" ni.package.MainClass

Java Path and Java ClassPath

Anto

Last edited by antoniosarco; 02-13-2017 at 02:28 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

my sgi system doesn't come up

:( Hi there, I have an O2 sgi and the other day when I was restarting the system it didn't come up. The error message is: unable to open "si(0)disk(2)rdisk(0)partition(0)": no such device I was assuming a hardware problem, but not for sure. Is there any one who could kindly tell me what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siavoush
1 Replies

2. Programming

exit status running java classpath in unix shell

I have a java classpath running inside of a unix shell script. During my testing it will error with lines that show an example like this below. java.io.FileNotFoundException error at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method) at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:129), ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmcds
2 Replies

3. Programming

regarding classpath java

Hi, I have a below command.... $JAVA_HOME/bin/java -cp "/usr/orabase/product/10.2.0/lib:/usr/java/javajar/common/sched.jar:/usr/orabase/product/10.2.0/jdbc/lib/ojdbc14_g.jar:/usr/orabase/product/10.2.0/jdbc/lib/classes12.jar" com.abrt.smart.Smart I want to know where the Smart.class is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PRKS
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Trouble setting up Java classpath

Saw an error while setting up an application called i2phex: # ./run.sh java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to initialize phex.net.repres.i2p.I2PPresentationManager at phex.common.ManagerController.initializeManagers(ManagerController.java:78) at phex.Main.main(Main.java:161)After... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Israel213
0 Replies

5. Programming

Classpath of JAVA

Hello, ABC question as I could not get a direct answer: How to locate the default IO class of JAVA? My question was triggered by the row in most java programimport java.io.* as I am very curious where the io class is located in my Mint14 (Ubuntu12.10). I am aware it is similar to use DBI in PERL,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yifangt
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fedora java classpath

What is the proper way to set your java classpath? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris: ldd doesn't find libraries in exported environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH

I have given the relevant details below. Why are the libraries in /export/home/builds/pc9x_root/960/build/powrmart/pmbuild/bin/SunOS.64.r are invisible to ldd? %setenv ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: old_as_a_fossil
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Process not running: /opt/java15/jdk/bin/java -classpath /opt/apache/apache-ant-1.7.0-mod/lib/ant-la

Have no idea on what the below error message is: Process not running: /opt/java15/jdk/bin/java -classpath /opt/apache/apache-ant-1.7.0-mod/lib/ant-launcher.jar org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher -buildfile build.xml dist. Any help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
3 Replies
serialver(1)						      General Commands Manual						      serialver(1)

NAME
serialver - serial version command SYNOPSIS
serialver [ options ] [ classnames ] options Command-line options, as specified in this document. classnames One or more class names. DESCRIPTION
serialver returns the serialVersionUID for one or more classes in a form suitable for copying into an evolving class. When invoked with no arguments, it prints a usage line. OPTIONS
-classpath <directories and zip/jar files separated by:> Set search path for application classes and resources. -show Displays a simple user interface. Enter the full class name and press either the Enter key or the Show button to display the serialVersionUID. -Joption Pass option to the Java virtual machine, where option is one of the options described on the man page for the java applica- tion launcher, java(1). For example, -J-Xms48m sets the startup memory to 48 megabytes. It is a common convention for -J to pass options to the underlying virtual machine. SEE ALSO
See (or search java.sun.com) for the following: java.io.ObjectStreamClass @ http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5/docs/api/java/io/ObjectStreamClass.html 24 June 2004 serialver(1)