Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to get checksum of itself Post 302991342 by SkySmart on Thursday 9th of February 2017 11:04:00 AM
Old 02-09-2017
thank you all. I really appreciate the thoughtful and detailed responses provided. i'll mull them over.

thanks again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

First time help, please - checksum script...

Hello all! I'm a recent college grad now working for a contractor. I've been tasked with writing a program/script that will verify that something was copied correctly. This is how the system is used - The user will get a distribution tape (a 4mm tape DDS3). On this tape are a bunch of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapolani
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checksum question

in HPUX: I am copying oracle datafiles from one mountpoint to another the total size is about 250Gb. I wanted to perform a checksum on the target and make sure the files came overy properly. Mountpoints: /s01 to /u01 /s02 to /u02 I tried using "SUM" on these mountpoints but its taking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
1 Replies

3. SCO

checksum

Does anyone know the answer to this? When I run "sum -r" on a file that I've down loaded from the sco website, the 1st set of numbers differs from the checksum on the download page but the 2nd set matches. If I try to install the patch, I get errors. Anyone has an answer? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jn5519
3 Replies

4. Solaris

checksum

Anyone can tell me the different between "cksum" and "sum" command on Solaris? I read the man pages but still not get it. And how to display the md5 checksum for a file. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redstone
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting the checksum

I wanted a script that can give the checksum of a particular zipped file. Can somebody help me in writing a shell script in getting the checksum of a particular tar file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vkca
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP and Checksum

Hi Guys, Sometimes, I have a problem with transferred files in ftp session. Thats why I want to produce checksum value in my local server and remote server. But I could not find anyway to produce checksum value of transferred files in remote server. Do you have any idea? Thanks, Emre (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ce_emre21
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

Wireshark UDP checksum bad checksum

Hello I am communicating with two devices using my computer over UDP protocol. The application is running fine. When I monitored the UDP traffic using Wireshark software, I found that there were too many Checksum errors. Please find attached the png file showing this error. I am about to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AustinCann
0 Replies

8. Solaris

MD5 checksum

Hi Guys, I have about MD5 checksum so many times but I can't figure out how to use it. Can someone please show me how to perform an MD5 checksum? Thanks a lot guys. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed script to FTP a File and generate a quality checksum file

hi all i want a script to FTP a file and should generate a quality checksum file means when I FTP a file from one server to another server it should generate a QC file which should contain timestamp,no.of records in that file Thanks in advance saikumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need UNIX script to check checksum and dummy file creation.

Hi Folks, I need a UNIX script which will copy files(Table wise) from source directory to destination directory (Under table directory) and also creates 2 additional files after getting copied to destination directory with extension .pdy and .ldy , . pdy file will be zero byte file should get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicks1412
4 Replies
libssh2_userauth_keyboard_interactive_ex(3)			  libssh2 manual		       libssh2_userauth_keyboard_interactive_ex(3)

NAME
libssh2_userauth_keyboard_interactive_ex - authenticate a session using keyboard-interactive authentication SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> int libssh2_userauth_keyboard_interactive_ex(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session, const char *username, unsigned int username_len, LIBSSH2_USERAUTH_KBDINT_RESPONSE_FUNC(*response_callback)); DESCRIPTION
session - Session instance as returned by libssh2_session_init_ex(3). username - Name of user to attempt keyboard-interactive authentication for. username_len - Length of username parameter. response_callback - As authentication proceeds, the host issues several (1 or more) challenges and requires responses. This callback will be called at this moment. The callback is responsible to obtain responses for the challenges, fill the provided data structure and then return control. Responses will be sent to the host. String values will be free(3)ed by the library. The callback prototype must match this: void response(const char *name, int name_len, const char *instruction, int instruction_len, int num_prompts, const LIBSSH2_USERAUTH_KBDINT_PROMPT *prompts, LIBSSH2_USERAUTH_KBDINT_RESPONSE *responses, void **abstract); Attempts keyboard-interactive (challenge/response) authentication. Note that many SSH servers will always issue a single "password" challenge, requesting actual password as response, but it is not required by the protocol, and various authentication schemes, such as smartcard authentication may use keyboard-interactive authentication type too. RETURN VALUE
Return 0 on success or negative on failure. It returns LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN when it would otherwise block. While LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN is a negative number, it isn't really a failure per se. ERRORS
LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND - Unable to send data on socket. IBSSH2_ERROR_AUTHENTICATION_FAILED - failed, invalid username/password or public/private key. SEE ALSO
libssh2_session_init_ex(3) libssh2 0.19 8 Mar 2008 libssh2_userauth_keyboard_interactive_ex(3)