Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to get checksum of itself Post 302991342 by SkySmart on Thursday 9th of February 2017 11:04:00 AM
Old 02-09-2017
thank you all. I really appreciate the thoughtful and detailed responses provided. i'll mull them over.

thanks again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

First time help, please - checksum script...

Hello all! I'm a recent college grad now working for a contractor. I've been tasked with writing a program/script that will verify that something was copied correctly. This is how the system is used - The user will get a distribution tape (a 4mm tape DDS3). On this tape are a bunch of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapolani
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checksum question

in HPUX: I am copying oracle datafiles from one mountpoint to another the total size is about 250Gb. I wanted to perform a checksum on the target and make sure the files came overy properly. Mountpoints: /s01 to /u01 /s02 to /u02 I tried using "SUM" on these mountpoints but its taking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
1 Replies

3. SCO

checksum

Does anyone know the answer to this? When I run "sum -r" on a file that I've down loaded from the sco website, the 1st set of numbers differs from the checksum on the download page but the 2nd set matches. If I try to install the patch, I get errors. Anyone has an answer? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jn5519
3 Replies

4. Solaris

checksum

Anyone can tell me the different between "cksum" and "sum" command on Solaris? I read the man pages but still not get it. And how to display the md5 checksum for a file. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redstone
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting the checksum

I wanted a script that can give the checksum of a particular zipped file. Can somebody help me in writing a shell script in getting the checksum of a particular tar file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vkca
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP and Checksum

Hi Guys, Sometimes, I have a problem with transferred files in ftp session. Thats why I want to produce checksum value in my local server and remote server. But I could not find anyway to produce checksum value of transferred files in remote server. Do you have any idea? Thanks, Emre (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ce_emre21
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

Wireshark UDP checksum bad checksum

Hello I am communicating with two devices using my computer over UDP protocol. The application is running fine. When I monitored the UDP traffic using Wireshark software, I found that there were too many Checksum errors. Please find attached the png file showing this error. I am about to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AustinCann
0 Replies

8. Solaris

MD5 checksum

Hi Guys, I have about MD5 checksum so many times but I can't figure out how to use it. Can someone please show me how to perform an MD5 checksum? Thanks a lot guys. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed script to FTP a File and generate a quality checksum file

hi all i want a script to FTP a file and should generate a quality checksum file means when I FTP a file from one server to another server it should generate a QC file which should contain timestamp,no.of records in that file Thanks in advance saikumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need UNIX script to check checksum and dummy file creation.

Hi Folks, I need a UNIX script which will copy files(Table wise) from source directory to destination directory (Under table directory) and also creates 2 additional files after getting copied to destination directory with extension .pdy and .ldy , . pdy file will be zero byte file should get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicks1412
4 Replies
PARTY(1)						      General Commands Manual							  PARTY(1)

NAME
party - set OS responses mode SYNOPSIS
party ON|OFF|WHEREIS [ - ] dnv DESCRIPTION
Operating systems being what they are, the admin people can easily grow tired of command responses that resemble dyslexic eugene- speak filtered through Kernighan and Ritchie's collective back-brains. To alleviate this, we have included a slightly more `casual' mode, in which the responses to all commands are first filtered through a customising routine (DUDE) , which makes them sound a little more friendly while retaining their full information content (usually). The rooted(c) system prompt is changed to `What now, dude?' and output from each command is terminated by `No problem, dude.' OPTIONS
-v Verbose mode (ALL commands have a `verbose' mode). When this option is present, all filtered responses are preceeded by a message: `This response has been parsed by the DUDE filter and is not intended to be some sort of sleazy come-on.' -d Don't restart all processes after recompiling the /uselss/libs/eugene file (see below). This alows any important tasks to complete beforehand. -n Notify all users that they are about to be force-logged out and force-logged in again. ON Activates the DUDE filter. OFF De-activates the DUDE filter. WHEREIS Doesn't do anything, but we couldn't resist it. EXAMPLES
%-) party on What now, dude? To compare the differing responses, here is output provided by the ispi -s command, with party OFF and party ON: party OFF line who why how long ========================================================== 000 rooted that's you, dweeb! epoch ---------------------------------------------------------- 00F wp she's supposed to be 0:44:12 typing up the end of financial year report, but she's been doing her resume when she thinks no-one is watching ---------------------------------------------------------- 014 maint playing games, as usual 0:51:16 party ON Well, let's see who's on, eh? There's you, of course, on line 000 (Imagine that! Hahaha!) Oh look, on serIOus line 00F, it's that cute little secretary - looks like she's lost her keyboard template again, she's been hitting the escape key for the past five minutes! AND OF COURSE, the guys down in maintenance are playing `cosmic ballcrushers'. As usual. Well, who else, um, no-one really interesting like, ya know, oh hang on, DTR is toggling on serIOus line 03D.. oh, no problem, it's that stuffed modem again. You want maybe I should send some AMail to maintenance and get 'em to look at it? No problem, dude. What now, dude? FILES
/uselss/libs/bill&ted/DUDE This is the pipe process, usually started at system shoe, which lies idle until party ON is issued. /uselss/libs/eugene Contains all of the ordinary, ho-hum confusing computer - jargonese responses which commands ordinarily issue. Text file. /uselss/libs/eugene.spoo compiled version of the eugene file. /ephemeral/eugene.chex Checksum for the compiled eugene file. SEE ALSO
crp(1), stuffio(2), doobrie(9), gouge(3), ftang(65534), wi(-1), edmond(29), jumpstart(2), vo_mit(992) BUGS
The -n option can be slow. If the n option is issued, some users in a wi editing session may not receive the `warning, restart imminent' message until after the restart. There is no way selectively to follow symbolic links. Sunburne Computer, Inc. 9 October 1991 Aug 18, 1997 PARTY(1)